+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse will get job offer or PNP if wife is primary applicant?

successforakshu

Nov 19, 2014
Hi,

Suppose the wife is the primary applicant, then only wife will enter into the pool or both wife and husband will enter into the pool?

While searching for job, both are eligible for PNP and Job offers?

My exact doubt is, are there chances for husband to get either job or PNP if wife is the primary applicant?

Regards,
successforakshu

sumit.singh.hallan

Jan 2, 2015
Gurgaon, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE Profile Created - 20-01-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
IELTS Request
Completed. L-9.0 , R-8.5, W-7.0, S-7.0
LANDED..........
Pretty soon
You may get the job offer on your own, but without being the primary applicant there is no way you can get PNP.

Even if you get a job, it won't add to your wife's CRS score.

successforakshu

Nov 19, 2014
Do you mean to say that if husband also needs PR he should enter into the pool as Primary applicant?

Here our scenario is

I am primary applicant and I want to include my husband to claim points for spouse.
So, both of us can enter into the pool and search for jobs?

successforakshu

Nov 19, 2014
Thanks for ur reply

ok, if only I(wife) enters into the pool as primary applicant and then if any luck happens and gets job offer, then PR will be issued to me and my husband? I mean will my husband get PR and is eligible to work in Canada?

or visa versa

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
successforakshu said:
Thanks for ur reply

ok, if only I(wife) enters into the pool as primary applicant and then if any luck happens and gets job offer, then PR will be issued to me and my husband? I mean will my husband get PR and is eligible to work in Canada?

or visa versa
Whoever is the primary applicant will enter the pool, create a profile on job bank and can subsequently get a job offer and PR. The secondary applicants are not getting job bank profile, nomination and all. While filling your final papers if you include your husband, he will get PR too.

dsr

Jul 9, 2016
London, UK
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2017
Myself and my wife both are working IT professionals. I am planning to apply for Canada PR ( I will be the primary applicant). I will be mentioning my wife's IELTS scores and her Education Credentials (ECA from WES) to increase our score. Now my question is this: Since my wife already has got her IELTS and ECA done, can she go ahead and create a new Profile with CIC and include me as the other person who would be traveling in case she is the one to get PR ? So basically, I will be primary applicant (in my application) and secondary applicant (in my wife's application). Is this illegal ? Pls suggest. Many thanks!

LinaM

Star Member
Mar 3, 2016
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dsr said:
Myself and my wife both are working IT professionals. I am planning to apply for Canada PR ( I will be the primary applicant). I will be mentioning my wife's IELTS scores and her Education Credentials (ECA from WES) to increase our score. Now my question is this: Since my wife already has got her IELTS and ECA done, can she go ahead and create a new Profile with CIC and include me as the other person who would be traveling in case she is the one to get PR ? So basically, I will be primary applicant (in my application) and secondary applicant (in my wife's application). Is this illegal ? Pls suggest. Many thanks!
Yes! You can create another EE profile with your spouse as Primary applicant and u shall be the secondary applicant. No issues. You can withdraw the other EE profile whoever get the ITA first.

Aug 18, 2016
Hi All,

I have a similar question to ask. Kindly help

1. I want to make my wife as Primary Applicant, but she is unemployed currently(she satisfies all the eligibility criteria as per the CRS). Is this mandatory She has to be employed when filing or applying for PR?

2. Suppose if she applies for PR as Primary Applicant and myself as secondary applicant(dependent) and if in case she gets PR, Am i eligible initially to go alone without Primary Applicant to find the job and work there(As i will get the PR as dependent)?

Please help me in the question asked above.

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jobseeker_198026 said:
Hi All,

I have a similar question to ask. Kindly help

1. I want to make my wife as Primary Applicant, but she is unemployed currently(she satisfies all the eligibility criteria as per the CRS). Is this mandatory She has to be employed when filing or applying for PR?
She does not need to be employed.

2. Suppose if she applies for PR as Primary Applicant and myself as secondary applicant(dependent) and if in case she gets PR, Am i eligible initially to go alone without Primary Applicant to find the job and work there(As i will get the PR as dependent)?
No. The Principal Applicant must be there at the initial landing.
But after the initial landing, the Principal Applicant can then return to your home country while the dependants stay in Canada.

Please help me in the question asked above.

Samnish

Jun 21, 2017
Hi all,

I am waiting for next draw, meanwhile I got Ontario Nomination Interest. So will my profile in express entry will be still there knowing the fact that I haven't taken any action on interest or do I need to decline the same to get ITA from express entry?

Thanks

kumarusa

Jul 13, 2017
Hi all,

I am waiting for next draw, meanwhile I got Ontario Nomination Interest. So will my profile in express entry will be still there knowing the fact that I haven't taken any action on interest or do I need to decline the same to get ITA from express entry?

Thanks
Congrats for nomination invitee.
Just a quick question- What is your CRS score ? Mine is 394 and I am in ITC category. I've not created profile yet.
Have heard people getting NOI with 365 CRS under ITC so not sure about scores under ONIP.
Many thanks for letting me know.

Kumar.

nihar44

Oct 12, 2015
Hi, I am also having the same situation. My wife is not working, but as a primary applicant we r getting more score. My question is once both will land in Canada, how long it would take to get PR card ?? I believe once we will get PR card then she can go out from Canada, correct??

smalias

Apr 12, 2018
Hi, is there any option where BOTH spouses can remain in the job bank, before and after getting ITA? Our CRS scores are 439 (where husband is primary) and 403 (where wife is primary). 439 is more likely to succeed in the coming months given the latest EE FSW cutoff of 440; but 403 is obviously too low. Is it possible for the lower scoring spouse to remain in the job bank too, perhaps via an separate PNP application? Any advice would be much appreciated!