+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visa under SPP- together or seperate?

Nish555

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Hi,

As mentioned in my previous posts my husband is applying for an open work permit along with me. My concern is will the Spouse visa also be checked along with yours under SPP. As I am told that one VO checks mine and the other checks his. Is it true??

Else would it be better if i apply under general?
Please help me.

Thanks a lot.

vidhi1987

Star Member
Mar 16, 2012
Hi,
I have same situation as yours..I want to apply along with my spouse..but as per my knowledge u cant apply under SPP,,for tht u have to choose general category..may I know your profile plz??

sawal

Aug 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vidhi1987 said:
Hi,
I have same situation as yours..I want to apply along with my spouse..but as per my knowledge u cant apply under SPP,,for tht u have to choose general category..may I know your profile plz??
exactly so its better to not include a dependent in the spp visa bcoz if u have u r spouse in india then it will be a strong home tie that u will return back otherwise the case will be suspicious and u will lack on the integrity of the whole visa file so better avoid dependent and u can sponsor him/her after reaching canada that will not be difficult

Nish555

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Thanks for your replies. That's why I am planning to apply under general as i have the grades and funds. For my husband I am showing the following:

- 2 year IT returns
- Proof of funds (FDs/RDs and back statements, total should be about 7-8 lacks)-that comes to 12,000CAD$
- Company letter with job description etc
- An affidavit from his parents for sponsoring him in the needful

He is civil engineer. He did his maters in the US, returned to India and has been working for the past 3 years. He chose not to work there.

I have applied for a loan more that the required amount. Also I am entitled for a scholarship, got so am applying for it.

I did my undergraduate studies in BBA and master in Communications, been working for 4 years in Advertising, Corporate communications and Marketing communications. Besides loan i shall show my work letters, IT returns. I got thru GBM at humber. So better to apply under General i think... what say?

Nish555

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
No reply yet... :( Also since Humber comes under SPP wont the VO be wondering as to why did i choose to apply under General or they dont really care too much for that..

H

HBK

Nish555 said:
Would be grateful is anyone could through light on my situation.. Thanks.
Hi,

Either both approval or both refusal.they will not let you go alone or will approve only one application.They want to see both togeather in such situation.

Apply add see what happens.

Nish555 said:
No reply yet... :( Also since Humber comes under SPP wont the VO be wondering as to why did i choose to apply under General or they dont really care too much for that..
Really doesn't matter.

H

HBK

Nish555 said:
Thanks HBK.. but would u suggest i apply under SPP or Generic.. thats my main confusion! :(
It would be your choice but only difference is under generic category you have to attach.

1) ITR/form 16 (proof of income/employment)

2)Marriage certificates and etc.

http://www.vfs-canada.co.in/pdf/study_permit_20-09-2012.pdf

Nish555

Star Member
Jun 14, 2012
Thats not an issue got both! :)

Thanks HBK.. been of great help! :) guys i will apply under SPP... since Humber falls under that and God forbid if visa gets rejected i can atleast apply under Generic again ..

Take Care!

bhavik_gem

Nov 4, 2012
hi Nish555

could you please let me know if your visa was approved under SPP? I plan to apply very soon and your experience would be of great help!

thanks in advance.