+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship

amanderrific

Aug 11, 2013
I have a question in filling out IMM 5540 (Sponsor Questionnaire), Question # 10

Were you yourself sponsored to come to Canada?
I was sponsored by my sister but as a dependent child under my mom maybe 7 years ago. Im not sure what exact date I was sponsored but can I just write the date when I became a PR?

tink23

Champion Member
Apr 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Santo Domingo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 23, 2012
File Transfer...
Oct 9, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov 26, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 4, 2012
amanderrific said:
I have a question in filling out IMM 5540 (Sponsor Questionnaire), Question # 10

Were you yourself sponsored to come to Canada?
I was sponsored by my sister but as a dependent child under my mom maybe 7 years ago. Im not sure what exact date I was sponsored but can I just write the date when I became a PR?
That's the date they want, the day you were successfully sponsored and became a PR. They don't care what day your sister applied.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Just a quick note on your photographs and passport copy - Try to include group pictures ( with friends or family ) . For your passport include all copies of the passport pages including blank pages.

You would def want to translate any native language communication to English by an approved Translator and moving forward, keep all your conversations and travel boarding passes with you, just in case they ask for more relationship proof down the line.

All the best.