+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship while on student visa

Calvyier7

Jun 13, 2014
Hi,

If a student is being sponsored by a spouse and their status as a student expires before a decision is made on the sponsorship can they stay in Canada until a decision is made?
I read that during spouse sponsorship the spouse can stay in Canada until a decision is made even if they don't have a status. Is that correct?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Calvyier7 said:
Hi,

If a student is being sponsored by a spouse and their status as a student expires before a decision is made on the sponsorship can they stay in Canada until a decision is made?
I read that during spouse sponsorship the spouse can stay in Canada until a decision is made even if they don't have a status. Is that correct?
I am guessing u mean PR sponsorship? if so this is not the right place to ask ur question u should post ur question "Family Class Sponsorship" section of this forum where u will get better answers.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Calvyier7 said:
Hi,

Yes. If you are in Canada, you do not need a legal status to be sponsored by your spouse.