+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship Passport expiry date

kspcyd

Jun 2, 2023
hi,
Need to know, its okay to apply application if your spouse passport expiry date after two month .
for France its okay to do upfront medical but with regional guide won't specify medical page
thanks
kps

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
hi,
Need to know, its okay to apply application if your spouse passport expiry date after two month .
for France its okay to do upfront medical but with regional guide won't specify medical page
thanks
kps
Have they already applied for a new passport and will it arrive before the passport expires?

kspcyd

Jun 2, 2023
Have they already applied for a new passport and will it arrive before the passport expires?
Not yet, it would take max two to three month, but not sure if applied, expiry
passport still consider valid application and not sure about upfront medical exam as reading old thread but now all ppls updated with their status with medical request.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
hi,
thanks
kps
If you are asking if it's ok to start the spousal sponsorship PR application process with the passport close to the expiry date - then yes. You must however have new passport ready before your application is processed and, if granted, passport request arrives. Better have it replaced ASAP, don't wait until the last moment.

Sorry, didn't get the second part. You want to do upfront medical for the application? I believe it is explicitly said not to for this type of application.

Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Not yet, it would take max two to three month, but not sure if applied, expiry
passport still consider valid application and not sure about upfront medical exam as reading old thread but now all ppls updated with their status with medical request.
Agree that you can apply for sponsorship with a passport expiring in 2 months but wouldn’t recommend having an expired passport listed in your file. It would be best to have already applied to renew your passport and update your file once your new passport has been received. Many countries are facing delays when it comes to passport renewals so would not wait until your passport is so close to expiry before applying to renew.

kspcyd

Jun 2, 2023
If you are asking if it's ok to start the spousal sponsorship PR application process with the passport close to the expiry date - then yes. You must however have new passport ready before your application is processed and, if granted, passport request arrives. Better have it replaced ASAP, don't wait until the last moment.

Sorry, didn't get the second part. You want to do upfront medical for the application? I believe it is explicitly said not to for this type of application.
thanks lots of info , you means its okay if i submitted updated passport info before passport request arrive. and second part yes upfront medical report to speed up process but i guess now its wont allowed and need to wait for request .

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
thanks lots of info , you means its okay if i submitted updated passport info before passport request arrive.
Yes. Technically you don't need to provide the updated passport info before the passport request, but it is better to do so (in part so IRCC will know the passport is ready and there won't be delays).

kspcyd

Jun 2, 2023
Thanks lots, you guys save lots of time instead waiting reply from iRCC.
if i applied application after passport expired, still valid or wait for new renew passport