AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
drnafisa said:
Hi all

I got my email for passport request on Tuesday, 29th Nov 2016 morning 7:30am. It was a long wait and it was definitely not an easy ride.
Following is my timeline:
Applied: 15 July 2015
AOR: 15 Dec 2015
Re-Med: 22 July 2016

I have some issues now: I have not yet sent my passport for stamping and I am hoping some seniors could solve this problem as I cannot find a solution!

I am currently working and residing in Bahrain. But the letter clearly states that I have to send the passport via VFS India (which is not in Bahrain). The letter also states that if the New Delhi visa office does not receive the passport within 30 days, my application will result in refusal.

The problems are that:
1- There is no passport courier service from Bahrain to New Delhi

2- I do not stay in India, and have not visited India since 22 years, so I would not know where to stay and for how long until my visa arrives, if I were to go to India. - On this note, my query is: Am I able to go directly to New Delhi visa office to get my passport stamped, and I return back to Bahrain the same day?

3- There is a passport courier service from Bahrain to Abu Dhabi visa office - On this note can I send my passport to Abu Dhabi to get the PR visa stamped. I was thinking the visa offices will coordinate with each other upon the receipt of my passport at Abu Dhabi.

FYI: I have already emailed Delhi immigration on Wednesday without any response back yet. I have already lost 11 days, tomorrow 12 days and Monday I believe is a public holiday so come Tuesday I have lost 14 days!

I am stuck! Please give me an action plan!

regards
u
I would suggest going to India and get the passport stamped then move to Canada.
Don't risk your application.
My wife has been waiting since April 2015 and until now we haven't heard back from the ADVO

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
drnafisa said:
Hi all

I got my email for passport request on Tuesday, 29th Nov 2016 morning 7:30am. It was a long wait and it was definitely not an easy ride.
Following is my timeline:
Applied: 15 July 2015
AOR: 15 Dec 2015
Re-Med: 22 July 2016

I have some issues now: I have not yet sent my passport for stamping and I am hoping some seniors could solve this problem as I cannot find a solution!

I am currently working and residing in Bahrain. But the letter clearly states that I have to send the passport via VFS India (which is not in Bahrain). The letter also states that if the New Delhi visa office does not receive the passport within 30 days, my application will result in refusal.

The problems are that:
1- There is no passport courier service from Bahrain to New Delhi

2- I do not stay in India, and have not visited India since 22 years, so I would not know where to stay and for how long until my visa arrives, if I were to go to India. - On this note, my query is: Am I able to go directly to New Delhi visa office to get my passport stamped, and I return back to Bahrain the same day?

3- There is a passport courier service from Bahrain to Abu Dhabi visa office - On this note can I send my passport to Abu Dhabi to get the PR visa stamped. I was thinking the visa offices will coordinate with each other upon the receipt of my passport at Abu Dhabi.

FYI: I have already emailed Delhi immigration on Wednesday without any response back yet. I have already lost 11 days, tomorrow 12 days and Monday I believe is a public holiday so come Tuesday I have lost 14 days!

I am stuck! Please give me an action plan!

regards
u
Try calling CIC if you can reach them. also send a case specific inquiry through the website.

Can aramex not deliver your passport to India ?

also check this if it helps

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passport-submission-for-stamping-from-uae-to-india-t262806.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/passport-submission-in-delhi-in-person-vs-vfs-t152990.0.html

ALM123

Nov 27, 2011
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/query-in-submitting-my-passport-for-the-visa-stamping-application-for-pr-t279410.0.html

some people have been submitting to the Abu dhabi visa office and have gotten the visa stamped succesfully. do a little bit of research and decide what you want to do

zainrida

Jun 14, 2016
Hello Everyone !

Just a friendly message to everyone on this forum. This post is for those who are preparing to apply for their Spousal Sponsorship Application and Also for those who are waiting to get their Sponsorship Approved !

I am a Canadian living in Canada and my wife is Pakistani with Resident permit of U.A.E. We got our application approved and visa stamped from AbuDhabi in 118 Days ( Application was received at CPC Mississauga on 2nd August 2016 and we got our visa issued on 28th November 2016).

We did our application ourselves, NO IMMIGRATION CONSULTANT CAN SPEED UP THE PROCESS ! As a matter of fact consultants discouraged US and told us to avoid to apply thru Abu Dhabi Visa office and choose Islamabad/London as I guess that's what they had experience with!

No immigration consultant wanted less than $2000 to file our application. Even after paying such amount of money they were asking us to do most of the work by ourselves and they would have just compiled the documents and would have sequenced it and sent it out to CPC! You guys will be amazed to know that all of this compilation and sequencing can be done for FREE at most of the Community Centers which have Immigration and Citizenship application helpers hired by Government! Just look for one near you and you will find one for sure ! I went to one in Mississauga, ON ( Located at Burnhamthorpe / Dixie ). They were very helpful and had all the knowledge to help me out. They told me not to lie about anything and not make up things in the questions asked on the Sponsorship Application, on the other hand all the consultants I consulted told me to make up stories so that I will not be red flagged as per their experience !

Friends do not lie or make up things because if for some reason you are called for an interview you will be left in limbo and consultant will not be there to help you ! So read and follow the guidelines and checklist given on CIC website and Try to be as much simple as possible, Try to fill up the applications yourself and get it checked by the Helpers at Community Centers, Try to get as much supporting documents as possible ( Pictures, Receipts of everything and by everything I literally mean everything!, Get your name as husband on your wife's passport before applying).

Just wanted to share my experience with you guys so that you guys get some encouragement and file your applications yourselves. Its worth giving it a try and if you are not able to do it you can always hire a consultant !

Once again, God knows what, why and how ! but we got our application approved and visa stamped in 118 Days and we did our application with the help of government hired helpers at community centers in Mississauga. And we can do it you can do it too, just give it a try :)

Thanks and GoodLuck!

AWIIAK

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Guys please help me. My wife (Canadian Citizen) have submitted the application package 2 weeks ago and yesterday we received one email from CIC asking for police clearance from Saudi Arabia (I'm working here), supplementary forms and other travel information.

These forms are not an issue, my concern is police clearance from Saudi Arabia. Isn't this kind of request comes after sponsorship approval and transfer of file to concerned visa office?

The request came through email, so is it just the letter which I need to take to MOFA here and get it attested and then take it to police department? There is no separate request letter for police clearance, they have added whatever they need in the same letter.

There is only a duration of 30 days given by CIC to submit all this.

bladeguard

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AWIIAK said:
Guys please help me. My wife (Canadian Citizen) have submitted the application package 2 weeks ago and yesterday we received one email from CIC asking for police clearance from Saudi Arabia (I'm working here), supplementary forms and other travel information.

These forms are not an issue, my concern is police clearance from Saudi Arabia. Isn't this kind of request comes after sponsorship approval and transfer of file to concerned visa office?

The request came through email, so is it just the letter which I need to take to MOFA here and get it attested and then take it to police department? There is no separate request letter for police clearance, they have added whatever they need in the same letter.

There is only a duration of 30 days given by CIC to submit all this.
When I received an email from CIC Abu Dhabi asking to submit initial application package (forms and proofs)- it was clearly stated on the email that Saudi Police Clearance will be requested at a later time..

When they requested my Saudi Police Clearance, I received an email about this requirement.. and instructed to wait for the original request letter that they will be sending via regular mail (allotted 4 weeks to receiving)

I guess you can use this email as the requesting authority that you need to bring to MOFA for stamp approval, since nothing indicated on the letter that you need to wait for the original letter.. considering the deadline given, it is impossible for you to obtain and provide the certificate within 30days.

Just be ready to explain your side clearly because most of the people at MOFA don't fluently speak nor read English.

Otherwise, you can obtain an official request letter from your embassy here in Saudi Arabia (i.e Philippine Embassy as the requesting agency) just to secure KSA Police Clearance.. I am not just 100% sure if the requesting party really matters to Canadian immigration on this case or they just care about the criminality record.. Because in the FSW category, my friends who applied under this stream obtained KSA PC with Philippine Embassy issued request letter.

taniam00

Jan 26, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
AOR Received.
Nil SA June 3 2016
File Transfer...
June 3, 2016
Med's Done....
June 21, 2016
Interview........
no interview background check started Oct 4,2016
Passport Req..
October 18, 2016, application approved Nov 14,2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 10, 2016 All the glory to our God!
hello! those of you that have received the visa stamp and are ready to fly to canada this question is for you..do you have a list of things that the applicate needs when at the immigrations in canada? I would like to put these documents together for my husband when he flies to canada in feb. Please help! thanks!

samarah

Jul 11, 2015
Hi everyone

I have an urgent question to ask.... my husband file was sent to LVO and he resides in Dubai. Now we got passport request to be submitted in Islamabad.do we need to email cic to submit our passport at Abu Dhabi. Or he shud travel to Pakistan n get the passport stamped.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
taniam00 said:
hello! those of you that have received the visa stamp and are ready to fly to canada this question is for you..do you have a list of things that the applicate needs when at the immigrations in canada? I would like to put these documents together for my husband when he flies to canada in feb. Please help! thanks!
The only documents they need at the border are:

COPR
Passport with visa
2 copies of goods accompanying list (we just filled in BSF186a)
2 copies of goods to follow (we used BSF186a)
CSBA customs declaration card (given out on the airplane to fill in) - this is where he declares if he is carrying more than 10,000 CDN

but for other aspects of settling in Canada, this list might help...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19iIDQXsnVXK1SuDNZyT2uUJDlo6CkUSTmsXambuOvP4/edit#gid=0

C.

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
.done and passed
Med's Done....
24 06 2019
Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH very soon landing
hello guys I have one question for you I am living in ksa Saudi Arabia and last month I received the interview letter from Abu Dhabi office

but I did not attend the interview now last week I received one call from RIYADH embassy Canada that you have interview I need interpreter for my interview can any one help which know to any interpreter Urdu to English kindly send me number of interpreter I try to all agencies but there no have any interpreter which are use to Urdu to English translation all have just Arabic.

JamilZ

Sep 5, 2016
Hello Guys,

i have applied for family sponsorship through ADVO ,and my current address is saudi arabia ( showing current address on ECAS ) .

As per CIC :

[[[You may use this on-line service if:

you were advised to provide your address to CIC within 180 days of your admission to Canada in order to receive a Permanent Resident (PR) Card;
your address is in Canada;
Please note that if we do not receive your address within 180 days of the date of your admission to Canada, you will have to re-apply for your PR Card and pay the applicable fee.]]]

my question is : can i give the canadian address before PR Confirmation ? did they mean 180 days once your PR application is approved??

Thanks

samarah

Jul 11, 2015
Hello guys please help. Has anyone gotten request to submit pp at Islamabad visa office n they reside in Dubai. My husband is visiting pak. But the IRCC letter states if u do not reside in Pak Don't send pp to Islamabad. No reply from LVO. What to do???

sokara

Jan 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
Oct 2016
AOR Received.
March 2016
File Transfer...
March 2016
Med's Done....
Dec 2015
Interview........
not required at this time
Passport Req..
Soon Insha'allah
zohaib007 said:
hello guys I have one question for you I am living in ksa Saudi Arabia and last month I received the interview letter from Abu Dhabi office

but I did not attend the interview now last week I received one call from RIYADH embassy Canada that you have interview I need interpreter for my interview can any one help which know to any interpreter Urdu to English kindly send me number of interpreter I try to all agencies but there no have any interpreter which are use to Urdu to English translation all have just Arabic.
congratulation Zohaib, am so happy for you.. at least you got an answer ... i pray you can find an interpreter soon Insha'allah

AWIIAK

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
bladeguard said:
When I received an email from CIC Abu Dhabi asking to submit initial application package (forms and proofs)- it was clearly stated on the email that Saudi Police Clearance will be requested at a later time..

When they requested my Saudi Police Clearance, I received an email about this requirement.. and instructed to wait for the original request letter that they will be sending via regular mail (allotted 4 weeks to receiving)

I guess you can use this email as the requesting authority that you need to bring to MOFA for stamp approval, since nothing indicated on the letter that you need to wait for the original letter.. considering the deadline given, it is impossible for you to obtain and provide the certificate within 30days.

Just be ready to explain your side clearly because most of the people at MOFA don't fluently speak nor read English.

Otherwise, you can obtain an official request letter from your embassy here in Saudi Arabia (i.e Philippine Embassy as the requesting agency) just to secure KSA Police Clearance.. I am not just 100% sure if the requesting party really matters to Canadian immigration on this case or they just care about the criminality record.. Because in the FSW category, my friends who applied under this stream obtained KSA PC with Philippine Embassy issued request letter.
Thank you so much bladeguard. MOFA didn't accept the letter I received from CIC. So I adopted the other way of getting endorsement letter from my embassy, got it attested from MOFA and submitted to police office. I'll hopefully get PCC at the start of next week.

AWIIAK

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
zohaib007 said:

Bro I hope you find interpreter soon. Is there any success yet?