Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Review in Progress
Review of submitted documents Provided
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed Not Started
Final decision Not Started
[tr][td]
Everything is looking normal I think. You could order GCMS notes to see more detail. I guess everyone is going to have to share the meanings of the different status (not sure if there is an explanation for each like ECAS had) as time goes on. Based on your timeline things seem normal.

C.

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
.done and passed
Med's Done....
24 06 2019
Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH very soon landing

mmoin

Jul 22, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
12-Oct-2016
AOR Received.
24-Oct-2016
File Transfer...
26-Oct-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-Jun-2016
Passport Req..
07-Nov-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-Nov-2017
Hi Guys,

Hope you're all doing well.

I am a Pakistani Citizen living in the UAE, been here for a while now. My husband, a Canadian PR, will be submitting my docs soon. I have a few questions:

1) Being a Pakistani Citizen but having lived in the UAE for more than 1 year, do I have a choice between the London Office and the Abu Dhabi Office?
2) It says on the CIC website please select the visa office in your application. I didn't see that anywhere in the docs I filled, so I'm confused as to where I was supposed to specify my visa office?
3) If I do have the option to choose between LVO & ADVO, is one better than the other? The processing time for ADVO on the CIC is nearly half of LVO but I understand how these times are basically a worst-case-scenario estimate. Practically, does it matter which visa office it goes to in terms of how long the process will take?

Thank you for your thoughts and comments in advance!

Best,
MM

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
mmoin said:
Hi Guys,

Hope you're all doing well.

I am a Pakistani Citizen living in the UAE, been here for a while now. My husband, a Canadian PR, will be submitting my docs soon. I have a few questions:

1) Being a Pakistani Citizen but having lived in the UAE for more than 1 year, do I have a choice between the London Office and the Abu Dhabi Office?
2) It says on the CIC website please select the visa office in your application. I didn't see that anywhere in the docs I filled, so I'm confused as to where I was supposed to specify my visa office?
3) If I do have the option to choose between LVO & ADVO, is one better than the other? The processing time for ADVO on the CIC is nearly half of LVO but I understand how these times are basically a worst-case-scenario estimate. Practically, does it matter which visa office it goes to in terms of how long the process will take?

Thank you for your thoughts and comments in advance!

Best,
MM
Some of the country of residence IMM3999 forms show the option to choose between visa offices. This is not the case for residents of the UAE. However, you may write a letter explaining that you are working / living in the UAE, for xx years and request your application be processed in Abu Dhabi (should your sponsor be successful). You should attach proof (i.e. copies of your UAE residency including expired ones). Put this letter at the front of your package, and copies for the sponsor section as well as the applicant section as the package you mail to CIC is essentially ripped apart once they start processing it. Nothing is guaranteed but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Keep in mind the processing times on the website are not necessary typical. Check a LVO spreadsheet on this forum for others in similar situations - it should give a better indication. And it all depends on your situation.

C.

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys.... My husband sent case specific inquiry 10 minutes ago and received reply from ADVO just now.

Dear Mr......,
A request for new medicals and its instructions has been sent to you as your previous medical results have expired. Once you have completed the necessary medical exams, please respond to this message with proof of having done so.

Is this a medical request or they are sending another email for re-medical ?
Is there any form for re-medical attached with re-medical request to show Dr. at the time of medical?

Anybody has any experience?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
bublo ksa said:
Guys.... My husband sent case specific inquiry 10 minutes ago and received reply from ADVO just now.

Dear Mr......,
A request for new medicals and its instructions has been sent to you as your previous medical results have expired. Once you have completed the necessary medical exams, please respond to this message with proof of having done so.

Is there any form for re-medical attached with re-medical request to show Dr. at the time of medical?

Hi bublo...

Can you confirm if you every re-did your medical tests from when you first sent them in 2014? It does sound like they will be sending you another email, but perhaps you can just take a copy of your original receipt from your first one, and this email you received (even though you haven't received a new one?) and go to the approved doctor.

once you get your new confirmation that the medical is completed, I would send BOTH the original one (you probably only have a copy of it) and the new one via Case Specific Enquiry (scan them) and the pdf of the email that you now have. In the CSE you can indicate that you never received the subsequent email with instructions...

Has anyone else received a re-medical request and can provide the instructions that were given from the ADVO? I imagine they are somewhat generic...

bublo KSA this is good news because it's highly unlikely they would request re-medical if they weren't going to make a decision or PPR soon!!!

C.

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chilkootcee said:
Hi bublo...

Can you confirm if you every re-did your medical tests from when you first sent them in 2014? It does sound like they will be sending you another email, but perhaps you can just take a copy of your original receipt from your first one, and this email you received (even though you haven't received a new one?) and go to the approved doctor.

once you get your new confirmation that the medical is completed, I would send BOTH the original one (you probably only have a copy of it) and the new one via Case Specific Enquiry (scan them) and the pdf of the email that you now have. In the CSE you can indicate that you never received the subsequent email with instructions...

Has anyone else received a re-medical request and can provide the instructions that were given from the ADVO? I imagine they are somewhat generic...

bublo KSA this is good news because it's highly unlikely they would request re-medical if they weren't going to make a decision or PPR soon!!!

C.
Thank you for your reply.. I did medical upfront in 2014 before applying application after that i didn't get any re medical request even medical expired in June, 2015. I was thinking they extended medical (for next one year) and was waiting for PPR. Even i sent case specific inquiry two times and got area MP help as well but ADVO never ever said they sent medical request or gonna send it in future.
Now i sent email asking about re-medical letter and instructions, just waiting for their reply.
Could you suggest me in case if i won't get back any reply from ADVO then should i book appointment upfront? and send them copy or invoice?
or should i wait couple more days???

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
bublo ksa said:
Thank you for your reply.. I did medical upfront in 2014 before applying application after that i didn't get any re medical request even medical expired in June, 2015. I was thinking they extended medical (for next one year) and was waiting for PPR. Even i sent case specific inquiry two times and got area MP help as well but ADVO never ever said they sent medical request or gonna send it in future.
Now i sent email asking about re-medical letter and instructions, just waiting for their reply.
Could you suggest me in case if i won't get back any reply from ADVO then should i book appointment upfront? and send them copy or invoice?
or should i wait couple more days???
You don't need their letter
Just make an appointment and make sure to provide you UCI to the doctor
Then send them a copy of the E-medical report
It will automatically be uploaded into your file

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
bublo ksa said:

Dear Mr......,

We have received re medical request strangely it came from new Delhi. I saw another member who also recieved remedical request from the same office . . Take your previous copy and do exactly the same medical exam.

Ys246

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Noooo.... you dont have to do exactly the same medical test they will provide you details on what is required. & for Asian & Middle East countries New Dehli is their main center for medical.

I received my re-med request on July 4. & I did med exam on Jul 10. My hospital send med reports to CIC on Jul 18. On Jul 19 received email from CIC that Med reports have not been received yet.

Still waiting for them. Almost a month :(

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
Ys246 said:
Noooo.... you dont have to do exactly the same medical test they will provide you details on what is required. & for Asian & Middle East countries New Dehli is their main center for medical.

I received my re-med request on July 4. & I did med exam on Jul 10. My hospital send med reports to CIC on Jul 18. On Jul 19 received email from CIC that Med reports have not been received yet.

Still waiting for them. Almost a month :(

In his case. He didn't receive the instructions . I would
assume he would have to do similar upfront medical report.

In your case that's long time. Have you contacted the physician to verify if your medical report was sent accurately. As soon as the hospital sends it . It gets update instantly.

At least they have ontacted you to let you know they have not recieved it . Let me ask you a question . Was it New Delhi or ADVO who sent the request ?

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
ohcanada15 said:
In his case. He didn't receive the instructions . I would
assume he would have to do similar upfront medical report.

In your case that's long time. Have you contacted the physician to verify if your medical report was sent accurately. As soon as the hospital sends it . It gets update instantly.

At least they have ontacted you to let you know they have not recieved it . Let me ask you a question . Was it New Delhi or ADVO who sent the request ?
Perhaps if there were findings from the original one that need further investigation...the GCMS notes would say this but they take 30 days to obtain.

But I agree....if you can check with the same doctor if they were sent....great....if you can afford to redo the original test great...do it....if you can send CSE explaining you haven't received instructions and whether to simply repeat the standard medical....do that too! Cover all of your bases...
C.

C.

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys... my husband has received Re-medical email after he sent an email, with in an hour... WOW
First ADVO sent an email that your Re-medical form (IMM1017e) and instructions has been updated on GCKey online status and after few minutes he received another email with attachment of same form (IMM 1017e) and instructions.
He has scheduled his appointment to get it done completely by tomorrow and day after tomorrow. Hopefully we will be getting PPR with in next couple weeks...
Please make DUA for us guys.
Thank you.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
bublo ksa said:
Guys... my husband has received Re-medical email after he sent an email, with in an hour... WOW
First ADVO sent an email that your Re-medical form (IMM1017e) and instructions has been updated on GCKey online status and after few minutes he received another email with attachment of same form (IMM 1017e) and instructions.
He has scheduled his appointment to get it done completely by tomorrow and day after tomorrow. Hopefully we will be getting PPR with in next couple weeks...
Please make DUA for us guys.
Thank you.
This is great news! Were the new instructions different from the first medical? or is it simply re-doing them again? So happy for you!! One advantage of attaching paper file to GCKEY (myCIC) is that you will get not only notifications but the actual content. This is good!

C.

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....