+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

rikin_patel11

Apr 20, 2016
Anyone has problem checking your Application status on VFS Tracking Site ??

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/track_your_application.html

Because from what i know, from last week , it is not working for me.

Would you please check and let me know if it works for you.

Thanks

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
Hi, I am on study permit and got my wife SOWP approved last month, i also applied from Pakistan.

Since you are on PGWP then conditions change; are you working in Canada? Did you proved that what job your wife can do in Canada?

fadii said:
Hi,
My wife applied for Open spouse work permit on February 22nd 2016, online application, which went to Islamabad office. We got our upfront medicals done mid-May. Today received the rejection with following reasons:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. In reaching this decision i considered several factors including:
- Travel history
- family ties in Canada and in country of residence
- current employment situation
- personal assets and financial status
Other reasons:
- in sufficient support of bona fides of marriage
Now i am planning to re-apply with paper based application but would really appreciate for your suggestions which could actually make application strong and get rid of all these objections.
Thanks

confusius

Jun 8, 2016
Hi All,

I just wanted to ask some questions, hopefully all ya kindhearted individuals could chime in.

> I recently got approval for my SINP working as a Food Counter Attendant (NOC D). I included my wife with my nomination, so I should assume that she is nominated as well.
> My wife is currently in UAE, and I am planning to get her a SOWP before we proceed in applying for PR.

I guess my question is what is the likelihood that her SOWP gets approved? I've been reading around and saw that only principal applicants working in NOC 0, A, B are eligible to apply for SOWP. Does the SINP exempt us from this limitation?

Thank you in advance for the answers, you guys are the best!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Vishal100 said:
Dear All,

I am Job Title: Assistant physiotherapist (Other Assisting Occupation in health related services - NOC C 3414) in Canada and currently on open work permit, I will to call my spouse who is currently in India.

However, I am physiotherapist from India (Which fall under NOC A 3142).

Can I apply for SOWP for my wife, wish to make paper application from India.

Thank you,
Unfortunately, no - NOC C is not eligible for SOWP. It doesn't matter what your NOC was from India. What matters is what you are doing here in Canada.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
confusius said:
Hi All,

I just wanted to ask some questions, hopefully all ya kindhearted individuals could chime in.

> I recently got approval for my SINP working as a Food Counter Attendant (NOC D). I included my wife with my nomination, so I should assume that she is nominated as well.
> My wife is currently in UAE, and I am planning to get her a SOWP before we proceed in applying for PR.

I guess my question is what is the likelihood that her SOWP gets approved? I've been reading around and saw that only principal applicants working in NOC 0, A, B are eligible to apply for SOWP. Does the SINP exempt us from this limitation?

Thank you in advance for the answers, you guys are the best!
Only you got nominated and hence are the principal applicant. Your wife is your dependent and yes once nominated for PR, you are exempted from requiring to be only NOC 0, A or B for eligibility of SOWP.

Still you better need to show funds available for stay since CIC would try to determine financial viability of she living with you. They would want to ensure you would be able to afford her on your income.

confusius

Jun 8, 2016
fkl said:
Only you got nominated and hence are the principal applicant. Your wife is your dependent and yes once nominated for PR, you are exempted from requiring to be only NOC 0, A or B for eligibility of SOWP.

Still you better need to show funds available for stay since CIC would try to determine financial viability of she living with you. They would want to ensure you would be able to afford her on your income.
Wow! Thanks for the info fkl.

Just one more thing. My work permit is actually expiring on December due to my passport validity. I have renewed my passport already, hopefully I get it within this month. Would you know if I can apply to extend my Work Permit soon as I get the new passport? or do I have to wait close to the date of expiration of my existing work permit before I apply for the extension?

Thanks again!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
confusius said:
Wow! Thanks for the info fkl.

Just one more thing. My work permit is actually expiring on December due to my passport validity. I have renewed my passport already, hopefully I get it within this month. Would you know if I can apply to extend my Work Permit soon as I get the new passport? or do I have to wait close to the date of expiration of my existing work permit before I apply for the extension?

Thanks again!
You are welcome. Generally you could reapply for extension as long you have whats needed for it. But I have heard from others specific to PGWP that one shouldn't apply too much in advance for his / her extension. But you also need your SOWP application which would be in trouble if you only have less than six months left in your current WP (CIC doesn't go that far to evaluate if you are eligible for renewal or not), your best bet is to apply for both together i.e. your renewal + your SOWP. You can submit them together online although spouse might still be processed outside of Canada depending upon her home country. Without applying for extension, there is little chance of approval for your spouse.

kht

Feb 15, 2016
Hi FLK, my spouse application is refused with the following reseans
In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not
limited to:
• whether a person meets the requirements of his or her prospective employment;
• whether the prospective employment requires a work permit;
• whether the prospective employment requires a labour market impact assessment;
• the individual’s travel and identity documents;
• whether the individual is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the individual is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay
ravel history
family ties in Canada and in country of residence
purpose of visit
employment prospects in country of residence
current employment situation
personal assets and financial status

what I do now Can I apply for caips please give me any suggestion
Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kht said:
Hi FLK, my spouse application is refused with the following reseans
In making a decision on an application, a number of factors are considered. These may include but are not
limited to:
• whether a person meets the requirements of his or her prospective employment;
• whether the prospective employment requires a work permit;
• whether the prospective employment requires a labour market impact assessment;
• the individual’s travel and identity documents;
• whether the individual is likely to respect the conditions of his or her admission to Canada;
• whether the individual is inadmissible to Canada; and
• whether the applicant would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay
ravel history
family ties in Canada and in country of residence
purpose of visit
employment prospects in country of residence
current employment situation
personal assets and financial status

what I do now Can I apply for caips please give me any suggestion
Thanks
Sorry to hear that. Yes this is a generic response so you should apply for GCMS (formerly caips) notes, see the actual causes of refusal and then reapply while addressing them.

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Hi,

I submitted by wife's medical upfront with the application. CIC asked to submit medical documents again before 20th may. Unfortunately i missed the email that CIC sent for medical request. Submitted the medical on 6th June again. The application status still show open and final decision is not started. Will they consider my document or not. Please advise. Really tensed. :(

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
nikhil.bhatia said:
Hi,

I submitted by wife's medical upfront with the application. CIC asked to submit medical documents again before 20th may. Unfortunately i missed the email that CIC sent for medical request. Submitted the medical on 6th June again. The application status still show open and final decision is not started. Will they consider my document or not. Please advise. Really tensed. :(
Did you contacted the hospital where you did your medicals ? If not ask and confirm with them.. I read some post regarding ths kind of situations before.

Thanks,
Sid

azh7018

Feb 8, 2016
nikhil.bhatia said:
Help needed.

today i linked my paper application submitted at vfs new delhi to mycic account and got the application number. I did not know we could do that.

I submitted the application on 18th march with upfront medicals. it says we need you your medical information and we sent you this requirement on 20th april. i did not get any mail from cic. is there any way to upload my document online. my online status says we need info from you but there is no place to upload document. Do you some one know how to contact cic through phone so that i can request them to open the upload document link so that i can upload the copy.

Please help.

It will be great help if you can tell me how you have linked your vfs application with online
In my condition i hav applied via vfs (new delhi) and my passport dont have any family name

so kind of i am not able to provide them any full set of information to link me to online application
I tried to find my application number with vfs but no luck, they are telling they dont provide any such information

Please help me if u have any idea, will be very much appreciated :(

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
hiransiddharth said:
Did you contacted the hospital where you did your medicals ? If not ask and confirm with them.. I read some post regarding ths kind of situations before.

Thanks,
Sid
I checked with them, they said we uploaded your results wight away. there was no delay from our side.

hopeful.ad

Jan 25, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Novascotia, sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2015
Nomination.....
September, 2015
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
IELTS Request
already submitted
Med's Request
Nov 02nd
Med's Done....
Nov 23rd
Interview........
waiting
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
already in Canada
Hello...I have a query regarding medical...I have applied SOWP for my spouse from Canada...my PR case is also in process...I want to ask can my spouse give upfront medical and Dr send results to both case (PR & workpermit) or I have to wait till medical request and give medical separately for both.

I have received AOR on March 11, 2016 and I am December applicant of normal PNP stream.

fadii

Apr 10, 2016
MUPAX said:
With the limited knowledge that I have, I believe following should be done:
1) Marriage Proof - Marriage Certificate + Invitation Cards + Some Pics. However, if the passport has spouse name entry then that is the best.
2) Personal Assets - This has to be her account with good amount of savings (open for interpretation - check the forum for some tentative amount) or in case her account doesnt have it then some undertaking by you or her in-laws suggesting she will be supported in times of need.
3) Her Travel History - you cant do much here. may be short trip to south east asia or can be ignored.
4) Connect with home country - Open Work Permit is a Temporary Resident type of Visa. So the nature of temporary visit needs to be fulfilled i.e. why will your wife go back since you are working on PGWP and she gets a job there?? You need to prove she WILL be going back in some time.

you may also include return flight tickets for her but that is a long shot. Paper based application or online application is varying a lot in terms of timelines (country level i.e.) so plz check.
Regards,
M
Hi,
Thanks for your suggestions...and actually i have gathered alot of documents now to show the marriage, and as far as financial situation is concerned i am writing the undertaking to support her fully while her stay here....the only thing m still confused is that how to show she's going to come back? there's one thing...which not sure if will help here...she completed her Masters..but that can be extended for another 1 and half years to make it honors degree...so if we mention that in cover letter and attach supporting transcripts showing she has already completed 2 years and can come bck to extend further?...please advise me on that...