+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

t.talha

Jul 16, 2014
Got my medocal request, on same day as my,interview. The visa officer told,me,shes going to email me the mr right away!! :D

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
t.talha said:
Got my medocal request, on same day as my,interview. The visa officer told,me,shes going to email me the mr right away!! :D
T.talha...

Kindly share the timeline ..

with in how much time you get the request and and it was online application or it was paper application.

Rajan

t.talha

Jul 16, 2014
Paper application, on 23 June
visa interview call for 21 July
medical req 21 July
now med is on 12 Aug.
how much time does it tale after med?

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
t.talha said:
Paper application, on 23 June
visa interview call for 21 July
medical req 21 July
now med is on 12 Aug.
how much time does it tale after med?
Congrats t.talha, can you please share your interview experience and also what dod they ask you

t.talha

Jul 16, 2014
If my marriage was love or arrange, dates of enagement, marriage, even my husband flight dates, as well as dates confirming when he was accepted in the uni. Thankfully I knew all.
Then mostly details about my husband, and my education.
I had taken along 30+ pictures with me and she saw all and asked questions about it. In the end she told me that the interview was called for because the sowp is volatile to frauf, and that she will send me medical request right away

momars09

May 20, 2014
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 08-07-2014
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2014
LANDED..........
1-09-2014
fkl waiting for my reply :)

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
momars09 said:
jazakAllah alf kahir fkl..

that was really a very satisfying answer..
we wanted to apply together but our consultant didn't encourage us..i think we will now apply after i land there as per your answers too i think that would be much better..
my profile is as follows
10th-CBSE- 80%
INTER-80%
B.pharmacy-70%
Total 4 years of work experience in same field
will be studying PGD in Centennial college

HUSBANDS PROFILE
1)PGD in business and IT management
2) Bachelors in IT
3)3 years of work experience in Saudi Arabia
4) 1 year of work experience in India
we can show some property and bank statements from here..
but we don't have any IT returns will that be a problem?

-married since two years no kids..
can you please analyse our profiles for an OWP

I really appreciate your rime and concern and would be eagerly waiting for your response..

thanks a lot
Appreciate that and i am glad i could be of help. Few points that i could make out:

Percentages of degrees don't matter to embassy. They are not giving us admissions. Having said that, every local embassy knows well reputed institutions from their local country. It is hard to ignore its contribution to a profile's impression. E.g. i doubt they would miss a person graduated from one of IITs. That being said, having lower percentage or being from an unknown institution isn't negative either.

Now i am even more convinced your consultant opposed applying for SOWP separately. "PGD and College" are not the most favorable kind of study visas that are approved. In my home country, refusals even for principal applicant to a COLLEGE in Canada are very frequent. Generally a University and a full time bachelors or Masters etc. program has the most likelihood and precedence.

I am not sure if it is the same with india, but still people with colleges do go and get visas if they have good profiles otherwise.

Is your husband's recent experience in SA or in India? Is it like 1 year in India and then 3 in Saudia? Is he there currently? This would be of significance. However, if he is currently well employed, that should play a positive role.

Sure property and bank statements would help. Please do add those as much as you can. IT, i hope you meant Income Tax. They are strictly not required as far as i know. But they definitely help. Just don't mention any thing about those if you dont have them and stick to proof of income i.e. pay stub / recent bank statements and experience letters. For the most recent job, if you don't have experience letter (because you haven't left yet), then submitting a recent pay stub along with copy of offer letter should be fine.

All i can think of is, that first it depends upon your own case being approved. Then all that matters would be your spouse's profile - how good is his current job and qualifications and property (ties) as well as available funds. If you put in any unusually high amounts, please don't forgot to show source of that as well.

momars09

May 20, 2014
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 08-07-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2014
LANDED..........
1-09-2014
fkl said:
Appreciate that and i am glad i could be of help. Few points that i could make out:

Percentages of degrees don't matter to embassy. They are not giving us admissions. Having said that, every local embassy knows well reputed institutions from their local country. It is hard to ignore its contribution to a profile's impression. E.g. i doubt they would miss a person graduated from one of IITs. That being said, having lower percentage or being from an unknown institution isn't negative either.

Now i am even more convinced your consultant opposed applying for SOWP separately. "PGD and College" are not the most favorable kind of study visas that are approved. In my home country, refusals even for principal applicant to a COLLEGE in Canada are very frequent. Generally a University and a full time bachelors or Masters etc. program has the most likelihood and precedence.

I am not sure if it is the same with india, but still people with colleges do go and get visas if they have good profiles otherwise.

Is your husband's recent experience in SA or in India? Is it like 1 year in India and then 3 in Saudia? Is he there currently? This would be of significance. However, if he is currently well employed, that should play a positive role.

Sure property and bank statements would help. Please do add those as much as you can. IT, i hope you meant Income Tax. They are strictly not required as far as i know. But they definitely help. Just don't mention any thing about those if you dont have them and stick to proof of income i.e. pay stub / recent bank statements and experience letters. For the most recent job, if you don't have experience letter (because you haven't left yet), then submitting a recent pay stub along with copy of offer letter should be fine.

All i can think of is, that first it depends upon your own case being approved. Then all that matters would be your spouse's profile - how good is his current job and qualifications and property (ties) as well as available funds. If you put in any unusually high amounts, please don't forgot to show source of that as well.
hmmm thanks again fkl you are being a real help :)

umm in India here visas are accepted in high numbers for colleges as well under the SPP category so keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best :)

regarding my husbands work experience he is currently employed in India, till last Aug ie till aug 2014 he was in Saudi Arabia..

I have one VERY IMPT question.. will he require a POLICE CLEARANCE from Saudi Arabia?

I am sorry for bombarding you with questions everyday but may Allah bless you for this wonderful help :)

thanxs again..

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
momars09 said:
hmmm thanks again fkl you are being a real help :)

umm in India here visas are accepted in high numbers for colleges as well under the SPP category so keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best :)

regarding my husbands work experience he is currently employed in India, till last Aug ie till aug 2014 he was in Saudi Arabia..

I have one VERY IMPT question.. will he require a POLICE CLEARANCE from Saudi Arabia?

I am sorry for bombarding you with questions everyday but may Allah bless you for this wonderful help :)

thanxs again..
Glad to hear you have better prospects for visa. All the very best with that.

And YES, if your husband lived and worked in SA for more than six months (i believe you said 3 years) then you most definitely do need a PC from SA.

If you don't submit one, it MIGHT be over looked, but that is just taking a chance on it. Because you have to show his period of employment from there and hence need PC.

So do get it whatever way you can. I know it will not be easy, but that is how it is.

Any one who i know has lived in some other country, always submits PC. Some who didn't were asked for it by CIC and it caused some delay with their cases.

Avanika1988

Jul 27, 2014
Yamini said:
I GOT MY OPEN WORK PERMIT VISA IN 17 DAYS(IN JULY 2012) AND I HAVE BEEN STAYING IN VANCOUVER FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS. IF ANYONE WHO IS APPLYING HAVE PROBLEMS OR ISSUES KINDLY LET ME KNOW. I WILL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO REPLY.

Hello Yamini,

I recently got married and would like to know the process for applying for spousal work visa.

Could you please let me know a way by which I can contact you directly?

That would be helpful. Thank you.

darksiders

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17
Nomination.....
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2014
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
any idea how long does it takes for the Online applicants to have a result? online it says medical passed on my application anyone here is still waiting or My cic is not changing for almost a month?

momars09

May 20, 2014
App. Filed.......
23-07-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 08-07-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
06/08/2014
LANDED..........
1-09-2014
fkl said:
Glad to hear you have better prospects for visa. All the very best with that.

And YES, if your husband lived and worked in SA for more than six months (i believe you said 3 years) then you most definitely do need a PC from SA.

If you don't submit one, it MIGHT be over looked, but that is just taking a chance on it. Because you have to show his period of employment from there and hence need PC.

So do get it whatever way you can. I know it will not be easy, but that is how it is.

Any one who i know has lived in some other country, always submits PC. Some who didn't were asked for it by CIC and it caused some delay with their cases.
Hmmmm this is a little freaky becoz getting a PC from there would be a little difficult..let's see..
But I'm really greatful you are a big help..
If I have any further counts I'm definitely going to ask you again..

Thanks

iceprincess

Dec 24, 2013
Hi everyone,

My husband recently completed his MBA in Canada and is on a PGWP. He is looking at Sales opportunities in the technology industry. From my research, he needs to be in skill categories 0, A or B for me to qualify for the SOWP.

However, I am concerned about the skills classification and how the consulate will determine this.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/html/matrix.html

If you look at the breakdown in the above mentioned link, he would fall under either 622 in category B or 641 in C. I'm hoping for 622 (Category B).

What factors do they consider in determining the eligibility of SOWP? Also how differently is my application file considered if he falls in 0, A or B category? what is the time taken approx for applications under each of these categories? :(

He is very well qualified but I am concerned about this and would love your input.

Hi,

I noticed you have been very active in replying to people's queries on this forum and thought I would PM you to get some quick advice.

My husband recently completed his MBA in Canada and is on a PGWP. He is looking at Sales opportunities in the technology industry. From my research, he needs to be in skill categories 0, A or B for me to qualify for the SOWP.

However, I am concerned about the skills classification and how the consulate will determine this.

If you look at the breakdown in the above mentioned link, he would fall under either 622 in category B or 641 in C. I'm hoping for 622 (Category B).

What factors do they consider in determining the eligibility of SOWP? Also how differently is my application file considered if he falls in 0, A or B category? what is the time taken approx for applications under each of these categories? :(

He is very well qualified but I am concerned about this and would love your input.

P.s.: My Canada TRV was rejected 2 months back :'(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
For a SOWP, a NOC 0, A or B job is a requirement. If he does not have a skilled job which is one of these categories, technically you are NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A SOWP. You might still get a trv for as long as his work permit if you build up a very good case, show enough funds for that period EVEN IF YOUR SPOUSE DOES NOT HAVE A SKILLED JOB (0, A or B), but that is quite rare and mainly on the discretion of visa officer.

Generally speaking NOC is determined by detailed description of duties from the employer. So its best if he gets a letter stating his responsibilities closer to 622 rather than the other.

Standard processing time for work permit processing would apply IF YOUR SPOUSE HAS A SKILLED JOB (NOC 0,A or B). If he doesn't then nothing can be said reliably.

Generally a skilled job has a requirement for a university degree. So his masters from here should be helpful.

You should not try applying before he gets a skilled job and can prove it with documentation.

iceprincess said:
Hi everyone,

Hi,

I noticed you have been very active in replying to people's queries on this forum and thought I would PM you to get some quick advice.

P.s.: My Canada TRV was rejected 2 months back :'(

bukyder

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-Sept-2013
AOR Received.
06-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
14-Feb-2014
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2014
Hello everyone,

My wife's open work permit is expiring this Sept.1,2014. She is still waiting for the new(renewed) passport from our home country and I assume this is a prerequisite (passport) in applying for an extension. She is currently working as well in Alberta. Let's say,if worse comes to worse and she won't get an extension before September comes,would CIC force her to stop working by then?would CIC be a little considerate and maybe allow her to work for a few days while waiting for an approval? We're getting really worried now. If you got any advise,please do let us know. I don't know if CIC would allow her to apply now without the passport.