VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
darksiders said:
One more question fkl of you dont mind our nomination is nov 21 2013 however there is a expiration date for that and its only good for 6 mos does it mean that I can no longer apply for owp? Even though our papers is already on cio for pr processing can I still apply?
I am not absolutely sure about this, but i believe nomination expiry only applies to submitting PR application. If you have done that and are in process, you probably can apply for Open work permit any time.

darksiders

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 17
Nomination.....
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2014
Med's Request
15-03-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2014
@fkl thats what im thinking too if you gonna take a look pr application requires you to complete and submit application 6 mos after your nomination has been approved

anyhow ill try my luck to apply for owp thank you so much fkl youve been very helpful +1 to you bro

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Np i am glad i could be of help. All the very best with your application. If you get to know something additional, please do post here so it could be useful to others in similar situation.

t.talha

Jul 16, 2014
Hello, I applied for spouse opw on 23June2014, and I recieved a call and email for interview to be held on 21 July. I am wondering if the interview is part of the usual process and if everyone is called for an interview? I havent had my medical yet, neither requested.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
t.talha said:
Hello, I applied for spouse opw on 23June2014, and I recieved a call and email for interview to be held on 21 July. I am wondering if the interview is part of the usual process and if everyone is called for an interview? I havent had my medical yet, neither requested.
Can you please tell us was your application online or paper? Which visa office did you applied and what documents did you submit to support your claim.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
t.talha said:
Paper based, and applied in Karachi, Pakistan
Interview is certainly not the norm (90% + cases are not interviewed) and usually takes places when CIC has doubts about your profile and in this case, could be about your relationship.

So you should prepare well and have much proof in order.

A good deal of information is already available about the type of questions you would expect online. Following link might cover mostly PR related applications, but still many of them would apply to you.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/prepare-an-interview-t3109.0.html

Have all papers and evidence in place. If you have been recently married or have lived away from each other, have proof of continued relationship, emails, phone call logs, pictures etc. in addition to legal proof of marriage. Also bring your complete profile. The interviewee being a spouse should know reasonable details about his/her spouse in Canada as well as her own plans regarding SOWP.

t.talha

Jul 16, 2014
Yes, I recently got married on Jan 2nd 2014, and my husband and I know each other from school. I am now more concerned about this whole thing, as you said 90% cases go without an interview.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Well being concerned doesn't really help.

It is not some thing negative as such. Just that because of recent marriage CIC often wants to confirm if it is a genuine profile.

If you are educated, have a genuine case and can talk fine in English and go with most evidence of your relationship and your profile, you should be good to go.

It is not a court hearing. Just an in person interaction to verify and know the applicant in person.

For US visit visas, EVERY ONE goes through an interview. For Canada interview is only called in far fewer cases. However, that does not mean interview results in refusal.

Like i said earlier, you should only be concerned if this was a marriage of convenience or something (please don't feel negative about it, i don't know you and the fact is a lot of people merely try paper marriages in exchange of large sums of money to get here).

If you have been married for longer, have kids or have provided a lot of supporting documentation, usually that is enough and doesn't call for an interview.

Lastly, please note that this is just my perceived likely reason for interview. The actual concerns would only be known to CIC. However, you shouldn't worry as long as you have a genuine case and brought proof for most stuff.

t.talha

Jul 16, 2014
Yeah. I know about usa because we have been there every year for summer vacations as kids, was just wondering why am I the random one called for the interview. :D Thankyou for your help, I understand, I would need to convince that my marriage is legitimate. Idk what there criteria is, though, for judging how true a marriage is. :D I am thinking to take along cal logs with me, hope that helps too, because as I mentioned, my husband and I know each other from school time, so we have quite a lot of chat logs. :D
wish me luckkk

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Sure all the best.

Along with the logs and stuff that you take with you, you should go through all questions listed on Interview link i sent earlier. At the very least you should be mentally prepared to answer most of them, in particular related to your current situation

canfsw

Jul 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO->WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5-Dec-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charge: 28-Jan-2015
Nomination.....
PER: 26-Feb-2015
AOR Received.
10-Apr-2015
File Transfer...
SLU: 7-May-2015
Med's Request
9-May-2015
Med's Done....
14-May-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting
hi experts,

My husband has OWP valid till Aug 25, 2014.

Is it possible for him to travel to canada in August 1st week and apply for OWP extension in canada?

or is it better to get OWP renewed from home country and then travel to canada?

Considering current immigration rules, which is less time consuming and easier option ?

niceworld

Jul 17, 2014
Hi FKL,

I need your help. I want to apply for my husband's open work permit. I am currently on a Post graduate work permit in Canada. I am a supervisor in a Tim Horton working 40 hours at 13 dollar per hour. Is my job with 13 dollar per hour fine to apply husband's open work permit from home country. I just started working as a supervisor. Earlier I was working as a Team Member in a Tim Horton. How many months or years of experience is required or there is a need of only 2 pay stubs to apply for work permit of husband.

Thank you

Best Regards

Anah

Jul 12, 2013
I just have a question, i am planning to apply for SOWP along with my kids.. Student permit for my 8 yrs old and what kind of visa should i get for my 4 yr old daughter. Since she is in pre-school, no need for student permit.. Is it Temporary resident visa?

Another thing, does my kids will be allowed to enroll in public primary school in Canada? Or we are limited to private schooling since we are not yet PR status?

Pls help. Thanks!