+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
kalpan said:
Hi,
Please apply for SOWP paper application through VFS global services. Dont apply online, as there were so many rejections are going on without any reason. And you are eligible to get open work permit on behalf of your wife. That is the reason, you got rejected as visitor. Now you will have the right to apply for open work permit. In order to accept your case, please show that you have strongly tie ups in your country...for example..u have asserts and bank account balances and other stuff...hope you can understand. In this way you can get your OWP.

Thanks
Why are u saying don't apply online?

Will it effect the application ? by applying online or paper application..

Regards
Rajan

Boso

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Kalpan

Thanks for the response, but I have heard that there are too many rejections for SOWP from India
That's the reason I applied for visitor visa. Also I added my spouse's visa while applying it, even then I got the rejection.

Thanks

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi
They are not believing online applications because of some fraudulent documentation being involved for some guys and they are asking for more documentation after later stage even u apply online. So in order to avoid all these delays...better to apply paper based application.

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
Boso said:
Hi Kalpan

Thanks for the response, but I have heard that there are too many rejections for SOWP from India
That's the reason I applied for visitor visa. Also I added my spouse's visa while applying it, even then I got the rejection.

Thanks
Hey Boso,

Who told they are so many rejection of SOWP...or from where u have heard ???

There are so many rejection for Visitor visa..Visa officer never ever give the visitor visa to spouse from india..only succes rate is .01%..

So better to apply SOWP with the all documents show the documents as much as u can..it's better to apply Sowp instead of visitor..and i know so many people from last 1 year who have got their spouse open work permit.

Regards
Rajan

ashek1520

Aug 22, 2012
kalpan said:
Hi Abhishek,
Could you please share your time line?
Hi Kalpan, I am not sure, what you meant by timeline.
but we had filed application on 18th Feb online.
got medical request on 4th March.
2 days back we got request for passport for stamping.
It seems for passport stamping there is not way other than going via VFS, which is ridiculous. I looked for other countries, they have given address of visa office where we can sent passport directly.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
ashek1520 said:
Hi Kalpan, I am not sure, what you meant by timeline.
but we had filed application on 18th Feb online.
got medical request on 4th March.
2 days back we got request for passport for stamping.
It seems for passport stamping there is not way other than going via VFS, which is ridiculous. I looked for other countries, they have given address of visa office where we can sent passport directly.
That is really quick congrats ashek. My wife applied online on 22 February, and there is no news from CHC so far

ashek1520

Aug 22, 2012
alijumani said:
That is really quick congrats ashek. My wife applied online on 22 February, and there is no news from CHC so far
Wait for some time, time also varies based on country.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ashek1520 said:
Wait for some time, time also varies based on country.
That's really true. Time varies country to country PLUS many other factors such as what time of year you applied i.e. If there is higher study visa in take near by (say for sep sessions - which is common university admissions time, mar to aug, may be very crowded). And study visas have higher priority, then comes visit and last is work permits of all sorts.

Then it also depends upon if your file is a clear cut case, or might have some areas visa officers need to work more.

Finally if embassy is free those days (relatively) and it is towards the end of year, then might process things very fast.

Even at one embassy (say CIC islamabad, Pakistan), i have seen people getting visa (from application to receiving stamped back) in less than a month including medical calls and have also seen the process taking up to 10 months or more and eventually succeed. So be patient.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
fkl said:
That's really true. Time varies country to country PLUS many other factors such as what time of year you applied i.e. If there is higher study visa in take near by (say for sep sessions - which is common university admissions time, mar to aug, may be very crowded). And study visas have higher priority, then comes visit and last is work permits of all sorts.

Then it also depends upon if your file is a clear cut case, or might have some areas visa officers need to work more.

Finally if embassy is free those days (relatively) and it is towards the end of year, then might process things very fast.

Even at one embassy (say CIC islamabad, Pakistan), i have seen people getting visa (from application to receiving stamped back) in less than a month including medical calls and have also seen the process taking up to 10 months or more and eventually succeed. So be patient.
I think you are right my wife applied on the peak time, last week of feb. And I realized CHC Isbad start giving more study permits to bona fide students since last year. Otherwise when I applied for mine only 4 applications got approved out of 30 including me back in 2010 and 2011 session.

can854

Oct 21, 2013
Is it really true that, Online application gets more rejection compare to paper application.
My question: if cic needs more documents to authenticate they can simply ask to submit, before concluding any decision.

Whats your take guys???

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
can854 said:
Is it really true that, Online application gets more rejection compare to paper application.
My question: if cic needs more documents to authenticate they can simply ask to submit, before concluding any decision.

Whats your take guys???
Don't know - this may be specific to a visa office (india as mentioned earlier) in the present circumstances i.e. they said a couple fraudulent cases were reported and we all know that online application does not contain originals so that sounds logical.

Previously, i have never heard of any such thing and in general online applications are processed faster. If needed CIC at times asks for additional documents as well.

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
Is there anyone who applied spouse open work permit in 2014

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
My wife applied for SOWP online from Pakistan and medical is already done. The status of medical is changed to passed on 21-02-2013. Its been almost 1 month after the status is updated, no passport request yet. Why is it taking so much time? :(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
zhaider said:
My wife applied for SOWP online from Pakistan and medical is already done. The status of medical is changed to passed on 21-02-2013. Its been almost 1 month after the status is updated, no passport request yet. Why is it taking so much time? :(
Email CIC Islamabad and ask for update. I am not quiet sure that "passed" status in online app means medical is approved. I applied on paper, IOM told me medicals were fine and forwarded, but a month and a half latter i got a letter VIA ORDINARY post from CIC Delhi, medical department, asking for further evaluation for one of my kids. Then i got appointment with IOM again, and it took a whole month to get through the entire process. And until the final communication about approval from CIC islamabad, there was zero detail about further medicals from them. This made me learn that medicals are totally isolated from the embassy in Islamabad itself. Just FYI