+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Maaftgbkum said:
I don't want to ask him can i send by myself?
Looks like your relationship with your consultant is similar to mine :)

I sent the email myself because my Lawyer did not do any follow ups for more than 4 months.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

Actually we consulted a lawyer b4 filing her SP, and were falsified with info that me my wife n baby can go together. But later we got to no not safe so we applied for her SP and waited till she secured. Suddenly last minute course was cancelled and she was transferred to another course which started a month later. So we decided to apply a visitor TRV in Jan 2016 with all the basic documents but got rejected. then i applied again in march once wife was there. again for a trv but with more concrete documentation. but again got rejected. n then finally after advice we pulled a lawyer on the basis of google reviews n applied in apr. though the lawyer herself is a headache as she will never answer ur queries. But we have a case officer will try to ask him if he can do that or better we do.

Do u think i can email also? i did direct msg indian cic but never got reply.

dont u think u shld be mentioning about the use of lawyer?

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

Actually we consulted a lawyer b4 filing her SP, and were falsified with info that me my wife n baby can go together. But later we got to no not safe so we applied for her SP and waited till she secured. Suddenly last minute course was cancelled and she was transferred to another course which started a month later. So we decided to apply a visitor TRV in Jan 2016 with all the basic documents but got rejected. then i applied again in march once wife was there. again for a trv but with more concrete documentation. but again got rejected. n then finally after advice we pulled a lawyer on the basis of google reviews n applied in apr. though the lawyer herself is a headache as she will never answer ur queries. But we have a case officer will try to ask him if he can do that or better we do.

Do u think i can email also? i did direct msg indian cic but never got reply.

dont u think u shld be mentioning about the use of lawyer?
I'm sorry to hear that you were misled right from the beginning. I read somewhere, can't remember for sure that it is ideal to apply together.

I didn't see any harm in sending an email to the Consulate. Matter of fact, when we spoke to the experienced and helpful person in Canada, they encouraged us to directly contact (without involving the lawyer because they're just too slow) the Consulate, then the High Commissioner and then, the Minister of Immigration. I trust that advice because they're quite knowledgable and do not have a vested interest.

You can include a paragraph about the use of lawyer by saying that you engaged a highly regarded lawyer and provided all necessary documents that the lawyer required for filing your application. But, at the same time, that information is kind of redundant because you would have filed the 'Use of Representative' form together with your application. Hence, the Consulate is already aware that you're using a lawyer.

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question... when we are done with medicals we don't need to upload anything online am i right ? Hospitals submit medical am i right.... or do we need to submit e-medical sheet ?

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
hiransiddharth said:
Hey Guys,

Just a quick question... when we are done with medicals we don't need to upload anything online am i right ? Hospitals submit medical am i right.... or do we need to submit e-medical sheet ?
Perhaps you may want to follow up with the hospital to ensure they have submitted the records to CIC.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

did u cc the email to any other email add ? and did u write (Urgent) in the subject line?
No CC to anyone. Just mentioned URGENT: My name and application number in the subject line

You may recollect that I sent an email to the consulate last week (I didn't use URGENT then) but when I didn't receive any response, I Tweeted the HC. The HC came back to me today and asked to re-send that email by including URGENT in the subject line. They also asked me to mention in the email that I contacted the HC via Twitter.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

do u recommend tweeting them first or sending email direct? i did inbox u a draft i made plz have a look at it n reply. thanks

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

do u recommend tweeting them first or sending email direct? i did inbox u a draft i made plz have a look at it n reply. thanks
You may want to send an email to the Consulate first. If you don't receive an update, then escalate to the HC. If the HC doesn't respond to the Tweet, then send an email to the High Commissioner.

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

Ok buddy will email them direct. Lets hope it will not annoy them and reflect on our application. hope for positive outcome.