15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
OWP2015Dec said:
Thanks. What does it show for 'A final decision has been reached:'? 'In Progress' or something else?

I had gotten that link for checking the application status on this forum-it was posted by someone several weeks ago. I don't think the 72 hours means anything - it might be a standard message on there.
Yes because that's the processing time for eTA. And that link is for eTA's

JS003

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
AOR Received.
03-01-2017
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
15-11-2017
Need your advise guys.

My work permit is expiring in this Oct and my spouse's work permit will expire in August.
Can i use my work permit to extend my spouse's work permit till Oct??
I know it is only two months, but we still want to stay for two more months.

Thank you.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

what did u tweet the high commissioner? whats ur twitter account? all of us have this 72 hour thing coming suddenly but still we need to register our urgency with cic.
Hi Yadav,

I think that the 72 hours message is standard and I would not take it into consideration.

I don't have a Twitter account and I got my friend / colleague to send the Tweet on my behalf. I did not share my file number with him and my friend also has not shared my details in the Tweet. My friend says that he sent a public Tweet to the High Commission in our country stating that the application was outstanding for 7 months. Today, he told me that he received a public tweet back from them asking me to send an email with URGENT in the subject line to the Consulate together with the file number.

I have just sent them the email. Let's see what comes from it.

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
OWP2015Dec said:
Right, but it still allows us to check the WP application status. I hope it shows the right status :)
Absolutely :D

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

what is the email address ur going to send an email to with an urgent caption?
I sent the email to the consulate that is processing my file. I got the email id from the CIC website here:

https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies-consulates

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
OWP2015Dec,

Would it not be better if the lawyer will send this email as it will taken more seriously. Plz share a draft if possible. I would still ask my wife today to call CIC call centre as well as lawyer and mp's office regarding this step. Also i would to confirm the status being shown in the Gckey account. if both shows 72 hours then preferably we can b hopeful.

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
yadav said:
OWP2015Dec,

Would it not be better if the lawyer will send this email as it will taken more seriously. Plz share a draft if possible. I would still ask my wife today to call CIC call centre as well as lawyer and mp's office regarding this step. Also i would to confirm the status being shown in the Gckey account. if both shows 72 hours then preferably we can b hopeful.
Hi Yadav,

I may have alluded to this in the past, but at this stage, I have lost confidence in my lawyer. In addition, they're sitting in Canada and every single communication cycle takes 3-4 days because of the time difference. Whereas, I can exchange emails with the Consulate on a real time basis. Lastly, now that I have contacted the HC, I'm hoping that the Consulate will respond in a timely manner.

If you find your lawyer easy to work with - then you may ask her to write on your behalf.

Just a question - did you apply for your first TRV together with your wife's Study Permit?

My letter goes like this:

My name and application number in the subject line

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am writing in regards to our application (provide details of your and your wife's application number, date applied, application status etc) (do mention whether you had both applied together).

(Then go on to mention how you have been awaiting a decision on your application and the delay in processing beyond the normal processing time and that other people who have applied later than you have been successfully received their visa).

(Than go on to mention the hardships that you're facing as a resulting of living apart from your spouse. You do not need to get into every detail but talk about financial reasons such as paying rent for 2 different properties in India and in Canada as well as emotional hardship of living away from spouse). This is the most critical aspect of the letter and needs to be well articulated.

(Finally, end the email on a positive note that you are looking forward to the decision on your application and that you will promptly provide any information they may need in order to arrive at a decision).

OWP2015Dec

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Maaftgbkum said:
And in the email can i write application information also ?
Hi, I just responded to Yadav with the format of my email to my consulate. Since your application is past normal processing time, you may send an email to your consulate. Do you use a lawyer?