+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit: Would This Hurt Our Chances?

milimili

Jun 8, 2014
Hello,

I am a PhD student in Canada in my 4th year of study. I want to invite my husband to join me in Canada but I want to maximize our chances of succces. So, I have a few questions:

- Would it hurt our chances to show that my husband got money after selling an apartment? He co-owned an apartment with his family and they sold it. He also co-owns another apartment in our home country with me but would showing that he sold one apartment hurt his ties? (They didn't sell it because of Canada but the money will sure help support us in Canada, I'm not going to lie here).

- During these 4 years I divided my time between Canada and our home country, in part to do my PhD research in our home country but also to be with him. I wouldn't be able to last this long without him. Would hurt our chances to mention this? (that we weren't separated for years since I started my studies).

- My husband is doing his PhD in our home country. This is why he wasn't able to join me before but now he is finished with his coursework and can be away from his university. Would this be ok to mention?

Thank you in advance!