+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Refused - Applied from India

Veer142

Aug 2, 2024
Hi All,

I have applied Open Work Permit for my spouse on 21st May 2024 and got refused on 17th July 2024 just one day after Biometrics update in Portal. Following is the reason.

Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit
application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have
determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing
your application on the following grounds:
• You do not qualify under the IMP as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate
that your spouse’s employment in a qualifying NOC. Refused under R205(c)(ii).

I am currently in Canada with valid work permit working for Infosys. My job comes under qualifying NOC and have valid NOC number as well. I have not attached deputation letter, just attached work permit copy. Will it be a reason fpr refusal?

Need experts suggestion here. Would be very helpful to proceed further.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

I have applied Open Work Permit for my spouse on 21st May 2024 and got refused on 17th July 2024 just one day after Biometrics update in Portal. Following is the reason.

Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit
application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have
determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing
your application on the following grounds:
• You do not qualify under the IMP as you provided insufficient information to demonstrate
that your spouse’s employment in a qualifying NOC. Refused under R205(c)(ii).

I am currently in Canada with valid work permit working for Infosys. My job comes under qualifying NOC and have valid NOC number as well. I have not attached deputation letter, just attached work permit copy. Will it be a reason fpr refusal?

Need experts suggestion here. Would be very helpful to proceed further.
You need to provide proof of your current employment. Would attach a letter from your employer and even proof of recent paystubs if you want. If you are under PGWP you must attach 3 pay stubs. If you recently got married and have limited time in person then that could also lead to an SOWP denial. Being able to apply for an SOWP doesn’t guarantee approval.

Veer142

Aug 2, 2024
You need to provide proof of your current employment. Would attach a letter from your employer and even proof of recent paystubs if you want. If you are under PGWP you must attach 3 pay stubs. If you recently got married and have limited time in person then that could also lead to an SOWP denial. Being able to apply for an SOWP doesn’t guarantee approval.
Thank you so much for your reply. I have recently married and could you please let me know what all documents can be uploaded to avoid refusal? Amd what documents can I attach that we both will leave end of our stay here in Canada?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you so much for your reply. I have recently married and could you please let me know what all documents can be uploaded to avoid refusal? Amd what documents can I attach that we both will leave end of our stay here in Canada?
If you recently got married with minimal time in person you could still get refused. Proof of your employment and both your savings are some of the more important documents. Would also include proof of your marriage and relationship. Review application information for what you need to include.

Reactions: Veer142

Veer142

Aug 2, 2024
If you recently got married with minimal time in person you could still get refused. Proof of your employment and both your savings are some of the more important documents. Would also include proof of your marriage and relationship. Review application information for what you need to include.
Thank you so much for your valuable inputs.

Maxsharma12

Jun 26, 2014
Reactions: Veer142