+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

sarashakira

Jul 22, 2016
Hi everyone.

Actually my husband got a job offer for Postdoc postion from a University from Toronto.

Now we want to apply, he for work permit and me for open work permit.
I want to know which documents are needed and is it possible we go there at the same time?

please let me know if anybody can guide me.

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
Unsung said:
Hi there, which VFS your application is being processed. I also applied in the same month though, April 29th.
Cheers
Hi,
The fact is I do not know which visa office is it being processed at. I did an online application. All I know is it says Medicals-Passed and nothing else. I did go through the MP route and all I know from there is that it is under review since 25th June. Nothing else so far.
SAILING IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU ALL.

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
pankaj281 said:
Did you apply from india?
Can you pls share the link where you check the status?
Hi Pankaj,

The application was submitted by me online and I am in Canada. My husband is in India and as such no matter where in the world I applied from, his application would have been processed in India. So, his application is at one of the VPCs. And since I applied online, I can check the status anytime by logging into the MYCIC account.That being said, there should be at least something to look at in there. Nothing seems to be moving in there.

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
Jasmohra said:
Hi,
The fact is I do not know which visa office is it being processed at. I did an online application. All I know is it says Medicals-Passed and nothing else. I did go through the MP route and all I know from there is that it is under review since 25th June. Nothing else so far.
SAILING IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU ALL.
I asked my Immigration consultant and he said it is VFS Chandigarh.

Jasmohra

Jan 10, 2013
Unsung said:
I asked my Immigration consultant and he said it is VFS Chandigarh.
I think mine told me it was at new delhi.. but it could be possibly redirected to another office. So not sure.

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jasmohra said:
Hi Pankaj,

The application was submitted by me online and I am in Canada. My husband is in India and as such no matter where in the world I applied from, his application would have been processed in India. So, his application is at one of the VPCs. And since I applied online, I can check the status anytime by logging into the MYCIC account.That being said, there should be at least something to look at in there. Nothing seems to be moving in there.
Thanks for the information :)
We are still waiting for a decision. Applied May 2, being processed at VPC chandigarh.
Also sent an email to consulate general of canada chandigarh bit haven't received any response from them.

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maaftgbkum said:
Buddy chandigarh processing is very bad I have applied on 22 March. No one listen .just wasting time
Are you still waiting for a decision?
What kind of visa did you apply for?

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hello All

Any idea how long does it takes for inland online applications for SOWP ?? CIC site shows 10 weeks but just curious if some one got it before the processing times, as processing times shown for 80% of cases.

paaaaaaaaaa

Jul 6, 2016
hi all,
i have applied SOWP for my wife from india on 25th may 2016, still i did not get any update . it's paper based application from Ahemdabad without medical. so now, it's been a long time with almost 2 months. Any suggestion???????
what should i do?? i have tried to call cic which gave me nothing except sympathy for wait... is that really matter that long wait is not good sign for approval???
OR should i apply for CSE? OR wait? because i don't want make any confusion.
please give me any idea
thank you