+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE OPEN WORK PERMIT - HELP NEEDED!

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,
I will be submitting an application for the Open Work Permit of my wife. I am living in CALGARY now and I have a job after graduating last month. I wanted to know if anybody has an idea about a good lawyer or a consultants with whom I should carry forward the things with?

Also, can anyone suggest if it is advisable to go for the application through a lawyer/ consultant's help or on your own. Lawyer and all is not easy on the pocket you know.

Will be grateful!

Ali.

amira_mais

Aug 18, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you carefully read and understand all the requirements for a spousal open work permit, and are diligent about gathering all the required supporting documents, then no need for a lawyer. However, if you feel more comfortable with hiring a lawyer to guide you through the process, then that's a different matter.

apardhamija

Oct 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2014
Doc's Request.
PCC Req: 13-01-2016 Sent:10-02-2016 , SchedA Req & Sent : 11-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-10-2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
11-12-2015
Med's Done....
15-12-2015
Passport Req..
06-04-2016
LANDED..........
30-04-2016
Hi All,

Does anyone know how to include all spouse's documents who is currently in canada initially in the online application. Please please suggest its a vital information, please share. As the application only allows to send documents of the applicant and not the spouse who has the Open Work Permit.

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
I know. Im not personally in favor of going to someone for such things. I submitted my Student Application myself as well.

The only reason I want to ask someone is to avoid any complications that I dont know or cant think of since I really dont have a second chance at this. I would have to rethink my career and stay here probably. Family reasons. :/

jafi

Oct 29, 2014
study in Memorial university

Hello i am from Karachi.i want to apply in MUN in master of engineering management for 2015 sep. my cgpa is 2.8 can i get the admission ? please guide me about the university and about the newfoundland state.
After the completion of masters students get the the job or not?
Please reply i am really confuse :(

majid.rasool

Feb 14, 2015
I am Majid and i also recently got here for Phd at McGill university.

Quite confused with open work permit requirements. If someone can help me out.

How to make the successful application for my spouse.

P.S i have fully funded Phd scholarship

COOL_DUDE_CANADA

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hi ppl , just have a query I got my Pnp certificate and now I am going to be married .. My to be husband is in his expired work permit . Can I add him as a dependent ??

Questions:
1. So becos I have pnp I should be eligible for EE right ??
2. And if am eligible and can I add him as my dependent ?
3. Will that be a problem becos he was in Canada but his permit is expired ?
Please advise and suggest asap ..

Thanks

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
- If your Husband was in Canada with an expired permit, he can still stay but CANNOT work provided he has a valid VISA.

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everybody! I need to post in this thread too.

SO, I am a PhD student from Italy and will apply for a Study Permit from London UK, as well as a OWP for my common-law partner from Slovakia.

I wanted to know if she needs a police certificate for her Open Work Permit application.

Thanks!

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If there is specific requirement for a Police Certificate on the CIC website then yes. If is hasnt been mentioned, then as per the Basic Requirement you dont need to attach it. But normally people tend to merge the Police Certificate in any of the PDFs that you submit online just to be on the safe side.

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a_a_d said:
If there is specific requirement for a Police Certificate on the CIC website then yes. If is hasnt been mentioned, then as per the Basic Requirement you dont need to attach it. But normally people tend to merge the Police Certificate in any of the PDFs that you submit online just to be on the safe side.
Thanks, I contacted the VFS in London and she does need the Police Certificate, whereas I don't.

ythapar

Feb 23, 2015
Hi,

It will be great if anyone of you guyz could help me with this?

I am planning to go to Canada for 1year study and will get 1 year OWP. My fiance is doing 2 year study course and will get 3 years OWP after graduation. We will get married once I reach Canada and will be married for more than a year before applying for OWP. I wanted to know, if I can extend my OWP for the duration of my wouldbe as dependent when my one year OWP will be expiring?

Thanks in advance for help!

Phantom19

Mar 2, 2015
Hi

I received my letter of acceptance from a designated school in Canada. I applied for study permit and along I applied for a work permit for my spouse. I submitted every documents they asked for, and today I received a correspondence letter indicating that my spouse work permit application has been refused on the ground of: "Accompanying dependant of refused principal applicant". my application for study permit is still open but my spouse application is now closed.

Can anyone please help me out.
should my spouse apply again or wait until I received my study permit?
Thank you

p3

Star Member
Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th March 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals passed on 10th March 2015
Hey guys i applied for a spousal open work permit again for the 3rd time now..gt rejected twice for invalid reasons...this time my husband applied from canada itself through his lawyer...its an online application this time...hoping for a positive reply...I havr no idea about the online processing procedure...can anybody help me out with it?

a_a_d

Sep 8, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@P3!
p3 said:
Hey guys i applied for a spousal open work permit again for the 3rd time now..gt rejected twice for invalid reasons...this time my husband applied from canada itself through his lawyer...its an online application this time...hoping for a positive reply...I havr no idea about the online processing procedure...can anybody help me out with it?
There isnt much difference between a paper application and an online application. What I know is that CIC eventually makes a soft copy record of your application anyway so applying online in one way saves you them the hassle of doing that. Also, the major difference is that with paper application you have more freedom of attaching documents as much as you want to. With online application, you need to be very careful with the merging of documents that you do. CIC doesnt give you a separate upload slot for certain documents (Family Ties Proof, Property etc) so you need to merge them.

The rest is the same. Online normally is quicker by the way!