21-06-2013
Passport Req..
26-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
maple tree said:
My husband and I were married in the Philippines. It was a civil marriage because I was just there for a month. I processed his papers last march 2013. On September 24,2013, he received an email from manila immigration requiring him to submit his original passport, original NSO Advisory on Marriages for himself and an additional document. He then gathered all the requirements and he submitted it on the last day of October 2014. We were waiting for the results until last Monday April 28, they emailed both of us. The email was shown below.. I was so frustrated with this letter and I don't know what to do. My husband is not married before and we legally processed our marriage contract. What are the immigrations bases that the documents submitted to them were fraudulent? Thanks

Visa Section
Level 6, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines
P.O. Box 2168
Makati Central Post Office
Makati City 1200
Philippines

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it
appears that you may not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national
must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an
examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the
requirements of the Act.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act which states:
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the
purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents
that the officer reasonable requires.
Specifically, I have concerns that the NSO Advisory on Marriages and NSO Cenomar which you have
provided in support of your application are fraudulent.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application
for a permanent residence, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you
inadmissible to Canada for a period of two years according to section 40(2)(a):
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a
relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
2 of 2
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of two years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.
Section 117(9) of the regulations states that no foreign national may be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if
(c) the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse and
(i) the sponsor or foreign national, was, at the time of their marriage, the spouse of another person.
I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. Any evidence or submissions which you or your sponsor may wish to submit to this office for consideration in response to the concerns identified above must be received at our office within 45 days of the date of this letter. If you do not respond to this request within the period indicated, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.
Only original documents or, when unavailable, certified documents are acceptable.
The file number noted above must be included on all correspondence with this office.
Sincerely,
Family Class Section Family Reunification Unit
Embassy of Canada, Manila
The immigration officer specifically noted about the NSO certificate cenomar and advisory on marriage being fraudulent. It could mean that those two papers could be fake.. Because as far as i know all government specially NBI and NSO offices uses a special paper similar to checks and philippine currency bills in issuing certificates.

zelhdjt

Oct 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
26-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
MrsP said:
Minsan sis hindi naman laging updated ang ecas kasi it depends naman sis sa VO. Hintay hintay lang tayo baka next week may good news na ulit sa mga nag ppr kailan lang :)
sana nga po MrsP. Gusto ko ng malamn resulta eh..nakaktakot kasi nabasa mo ba yung post ni maple tree.. ngPPR na sya tapos hiningian din sya ng additional docs like advisory on marriage. tapos dahil dun narefuse sila fraudulent daw yun.

geedsey20

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013 (no email)
File Transfer...
24-09-2013 SA approved
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
13-05-2014 (Passport Received by CEM 20-05-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 Visa Pickup
LANDED..........
18-07-2014 Thankyou Lord
maple tree said:
My husband and I were married in the Philippines. It was a civil marriage because I was just there for a month. I processed his papers last march 2013. On September 24,2013, he received an email from manila immigration requiring him to submit his original passport, original NSO Advisory on Marriages for himself and an additional document. He then gathered all the requirements and he submitted it on the last day of October 2014. We were waiting for the results until last Monday April 28, they emailed both of us. The email was shown below.. I was so frustrated with this letter and I don't know what to do. My husband is not married before and we legally processed our marriage contract. What are the immigrations bases that the documents submitted to them were fraudulent? Thanks

Visa Section
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines
P.O. Box 2168
Makati City 1200
Philippines

Your application and all of the documents you submitted in support of it have been reviewed and it
Subsection 11(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) provides that a foreign national
must, before entering Canada, apply to an officer for a visa or any other document required by the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. The visa or document shall be issued if, following an
examination, the officer is satisfied that the foreign national is not inadmissible and meets the
requirements of the Act.
I have concerns that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by subsection 16(1) of the
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the
purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents
Specifically, I have concerns that the NSO Advisory on Marriages and NSO Cenomar which you have
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application
for a permanent residence, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you
40(1) A permanent resident or a foreign national is inadmissible for misrepresentation
(a) for directly or indirectly misrepresenting or withholding material facts relating to a
relevant matter that induces or could induce an error in the administration of this Act
2 of 2
(a) the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for misrepresentation for a period of two years following, in the case of a determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal order is enforced.
Section 117(9) of the regulations states that no foreign national may be considered a member of the family class by virtue of their relationship to a sponsor if
(i) the sponsor or foreign national, was, at the time of their marriage, the spouse of another person.
I would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond to this information. Any evidence or submissions which you or your sponsor may wish to submit to this office for consideration in response to the concerns identified above must be received at our office within 45 days of the date of this letter. If you do not respond to this request within the period indicated, your application will be assessed based on the information currently on file and may result in the refusal of your application.
Only original documents or, when unavailable, certified documents are acceptable.
The file number noted above must be included on all correspondence with this office.
Sincerely,

hi r u both a filipino?
im just asking coz me and my hubby also did a civil wedding coz he only got 1month vacation...but we both a filipino.. worried if uts matter..

zelhdjt

Oct 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
26-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
geedsey20 said:
hi r u both a filipino?
im just asking coz me and my hubby also did a civil wedding coz he only got 1month vacation...but we both a filipino.. worried if uts matter..
Hello geedsey.. On my PPR they also ask my AOM. What do you think about maple tree case?? My husband and i also had a civil wedding and im confident that everything we submitted are true and in good faith. I did filling out forms and falling in line and waiting too long to get my certificates from the Philippine government offices. NSO and NBI. so im really hoping that everything is good.

geedsey20

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013 (no email)
File Transfer...
24-09-2013 SA approved
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 Visa Pickup
LANDED..........
18-07-2014 Thankyou Lord
zelhdjt said:
Hello geedsey.. On my PPR they also ask my AOM. What do you think about maple tree case?? My husband and i also had a civil wedding and im confident that everything we submitted are true and in good faith. I did filling out forms and falling in line and waiting too long to get my certificates from the Philippine government offices. NSO and NBI. so im really hoping that everything is good.
i really have no idea about the her case sis... that's why im asking if they're both filipino, coz if not maybe one of them had a previous marriage...but its hard to guess..hehehe
how about you sis? r u both a filipino?

zelhdjt

Oct 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
26-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
geedsey20 said:
i really have no idea about the her case sis... that's why im asking if they're both filipino, coz if not maybe one of them had a previous marriage...but its hard to guess..hehehe
how about you sis? r u both a filipino?
Hindi po.. canadian asawa ko ... parehas lang din kami edad.. Tska never been married pa kaming dalawa hangang magpakasal kami dito sa pinas, mabilisan nga lang yun eh pero plano namin pakasal ulit..

geedsey20

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013 (no email)
File Transfer...
24-09-2013 SA approved
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 Visa Pickup
LANDED..........
18-07-2014 Thankyou Lord
zelhdjt said:
Hindi po.. canadian asawa ko ... parehas lang din kami edad.. Tska never been married pa kaming dalawa hangang magpakasal kami dito sa pinas, mabilisan nga lang yun eh pero plano namin pakasal ulit..
oh i see... its really hard to guess eh.. they might see some discrepancy on their NSO copy of AOM from their NSO MC.. it really caught my attention din eh kc civil din kame ni Hubby eh but like with you im confidenet that everthing is good... :D :D

zelhdjt

Oct 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
17-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
21-06-2013
Passport Req..
26-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-06-2014
LANDED..........
17-07-2014
geedsey20 said:
oh i see... its really hard to guess eh.. they might see some discrepancy on their NSO copy of AOM from their NSO MC.. it really caught my attention din eh kc civil din kame ni Hubby eh but like with you im confidenet that everthing is good... :D :D
pero alam mo before nung kumukuha ako ng marriage liscence tinanong ko din yan kung pede madaliin pwede naman daw sabi ng tga cityhall but at your own risk kasi bka daw mag-iba yung dates na filed dun sa nso kasi something like that.. di ko lng matandaan masyado. Under time constraint kasi kmi noon 1 month lang asawa ko dito.. pero sabi namin kaysa magka problema kami sa pagprocess ng application paper namin wait na lang namin so day before lumipad si hubby kinasal kami.

lyka04

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 9, 2013
AOR Received.
September 10, 2013
File Transfer...
October 10, 2013- Sponsor Approval
Med's Done....
August 28, 2013- Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 26, 2014 (Passport and Addtl Docs sent June 30, 2014) IN PROCESS May 28, 2014 DECISION MADE July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 14, 2014 received on July 24, 2014
LANDED..........
August 11, 2014
zelhdjt said:

HI zheldjt ask ko lang bakit pa cla ng request ng nbi syo?na expired ba nbi mo?

geedsey20

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013 (no email)
File Transfer...
24-09-2013 SA approved
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 Visa Pickup
LANDED..........
18-07-2014 Thankyou Lord
zelhdjt said:
pero alam mo before nung kumukuha ako ng marriage liscence tinanong ko din yan kung pede madaliin pwede naman daw sabi ng tga cityhall but at your own risk kasi bka daw mag-iba yung dates na filed dun sa nso kasi something like that.. di ko lng matandaan masyado. Under time constraint kasi kmi noon 1 month lang asawa ko dito.. pero sabi namin kaysa magka problema kami sa pagprocess ng application paper namin wait na lang namin so day before lumipad si hubby kinasal kami.

kame din nun...1month lang din vacation ni hubby nun tpos nagkataon pa na namatay father niaweeks before ng wedding date nmin.. ung kasal nmin is outside ng cityhall (restaurant wedding) then ung nagkasal smen is like Catholic Ministry na may Judicial xa magkasal anywhere in the Phil but before we take his offer to officiate the wedding i checked his name and registry# sa NSO/Census if Legit xa (oks nman Thank God)..when we got our NSO MC we found out na wala kame License# but theres an affidavit na parang nasa exemption ung kasal nmin as long as were in right age and in good faith...cguro un sis ung cnasabe mu na sabe seo sa cityhall.. but i believe everything is fine with us nman... :D :D

MrsP

Apr 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/24/2013
AOR Received.
SA: 08/21/2013
Med's Done....
06/06/2013
Passport Req..
PPR: 04/16/2014. Sent to CEM: 04/23/2014. REC'D: 04/24/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Ecas status In Process: 05/01/2014 Ecas status DM: 05/08/2014. Husband is patiently waiting for his Visa :)
LANDED..........
SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zelhdjt said:
sana nga po MrsP. Gusto ko ng malamn resulta eh..nakaktakot kasi nabasa mo ba yung post ni maple tree.. ngPPR na sya tapos hiningian din sya ng additional docs like advisory on marriage. tapos dahil dun narefuse sila fraudulent daw yun.
If you have no reason why your file should be denied then you have nothing to worry about sis :)

princessice

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 11, 2013
AOR Received.
December 17,2013
File Transfer...
December 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 14, 2013
Passport Req..
June 18,2014
maple tree said:

Visa Section
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines
P.O. Box 2168
Makati City 1200
Philippines

requirements of the Act.
2 of 2
Sincerely,
Hi mapletree are you both Filipino? I would like to suggest for you to get back to where you had your civil marriage processed. Verify with the local civil registrar with regard to the registration of your papers for NSO documentation. Get a copy of their transmittal to NSO and from there, verify with NSO if they (Local Civil Registrar) indeed processed the forwarding of your papers to NSO for record purposes. Get a copy from NSO and attach the receipt. Have your documents authenticated at DFA (red ribbon). I believe from that phase (where you had your marriage certificate authenticated), DFA will be able to check if your papers are not fraudulent. That's the reason I had all our NSO issued documents authenticated prior to submission to CIC, and also, JUST to be REALLY REALLY sure that our local civil registrar indeed forwarded our marriage certificate to NSO, we had someone go to the main NSO branch to get us a copy of the marriage certificat and CENOMARS.

geedsey20

Sep 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-09-2013 (no email)
File Transfer...
24-09-2013 SA approved
Med's Done....
11-07-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014 Visa Pickup
LANDED..........
18-07-2014 Thankyou Lord
princessice said:
Hi mapletree are you both Filipino? I would like to suggest for you to get back to where you had your civil marriage processed. Verify with the local civil registrar with regard to the registration of your papers for NSO documentation. Get a copy of their transmittal to NSO and from there, verify with NSO if they (Local Civil Registrar) indeed processed the forwarding of your papers to NSO for record purposes. Get a copy from NSO and attach the receipt. Have your documents authenticated at DFA (red ribbon). I believe from that phase (where you had your marriage certificate authenticated), DFA will be able to check if your papers are not fraudulent. That's the reason I had all our NSO issued documents authenticated prior to submission to CIC, and also, JUST to be REALLY REALLY sure that our local civil registrar indeed forwarded our marriage certificate to NSO, we had someone go to the main NSO branch to get us a copy of the marriage certificat and CENOMARS.
Hi princessice ..juz curious here.. dba once our MC released from NSO it means its Legit and registered already?? wat do you think the problem here with Mapple Tree case? thanks

0weng

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
08-08-2013
File Transfer...
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
07-06-2013
Passport Req..
May 29, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 29, 2014
LANDED..........
Expected June 7, 2014
Maple tree's post stired up the mood in this forum.. Now it also bothers me.In my opinion it seems like their marriage was'nt propely registered at the NSO.

mr.peace

Apr 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Phils.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2, 2013
Doc's Request.
October 24, 2013
AOR Received.
April 17, 2013
File Transfer...
April 23, 2013
Med's Done....
March 20, 2013
Passport Req..
Sep 27, 2013 F.Beronia Recv'd PP: Oct 15, 2013 V.O. returned PP: Nov 1, 2013 Resent PP....: Dec 27, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 26, 2014 received but dated March 20.
LANDED..........
April xx, 2014
maple tree said:

Visa Section
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
Philippines
P.O. Box 2168
Makati City 1200
Philippines

requirements of the Act.
2 of 2
Sincerely,
The issue here is not being married in a civil rite, but this "Specifically, I have concerns that the NSO Advisory on Marriages and NSO Cenomar which you have provided in support of your application are fraudulent." Baka kasi nagbayad ang asawa mo sa tagaloob ng NSO na mapabilis ang pagkuha nitong mga dokumento na ito at hindi dumaan sa tamang processo kaya yung dokumento lumalabas na fake kasi alam na ng mga taga Embassy ang totoong dokumento. O di kaya'y may mga impormasyon sa dokumenta na pinalitan? Mga possibility lamang, pero ang asawa mo ang nkakaalam ng totoo. But if you did not commit fraud, there's nothing to worry. Sagutin nyo yung Embassy, at mag request kayo ulit sa NSO yung mga documents na yan... Be strong and goodluck!