+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse dependent open work permitt from India

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi Kumar, I am on same stream...I have applied SOWP on 8th April from VFS Hyd...and no updates...let me know if you get any updates...have u submitted medicals..?

sunny.bc

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NS
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
XEP ON JUNE 4TH 2015
Med's Request
Nov 25th 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 28th 2015
Passport Req..
March 1st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 4th 2016
LANDED..........
March 21st 2016
kalpan said:
Hi Sunny,

Sorry to know ur negative result..

Don't worry...I just want to know, as per the R205..have you completed ur 6 months employment with your employer and is ur work permit is a post graduate work permit or LMO based WP. If you have not completed 6 months..just wait for the duration and reapply...you will definitely get it.

Really I dont know...why immigration people are doing like this...they have issued a WP and SOWP at a time to some of my friends when applied together....in this case the even did not satisfy their R205 rule right...
Hi kalpan
Iam on post graduate work permit valid until april 2016
ive graduated with MBA in july 2013 in BC
iam working for the same employer since 2012
but i got the offer as category manager recently with same employer

Kumard21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Spouse dependent open work permitt from India

@Kalpan

I Didn't submit any medicals....

Regards,
Kumar.

sudraj

Feb 17, 2014
kalpan said:
Hi Sudraj,
How did u get ur medical request via email or vfs...plz let me know..and its a good news for you.
done with my medicals..but I didn't get any acknowledgment from vfs also no change in tracking ..wat to do???

kalpan

Jan 13, 2014
Hi Sudraj,

No need to worry...u will get ur passport stamped directly...wait for a week!

Rgds,
Kalpan

can854

Oct 21, 2013
TO UPDATE YOU GUYS:
HERE IS MY TIME
SOWP APPLIED ON 5TH APRIL -ONLINE(UPFRONT MED)
GOT MEDICAL PASSED ON 6TH
GOT PPR REQ ON 7TH
SENT PP ON 10TH
GOT APPROVAL EMAIL ON 17TH PP DISPATCHED.

TONS OF THANKS TO ALL MEM AND THIS FORUM WAS WONDERFUL RESOURCE TO PREPARE MY APPLICATION.
WISH ALL OF YOU VERY BEST WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
TAKE CARE.

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
can854 said:
TO UPDATE YOU GUYS:
HERE IS MY TIME
SOWP APPLIED ON 5TH APRIL -ONLINE(UPFRONT MED)
GOT MEDICAL PASSED ON 6TH
GOT PPR REQ ON 7TH
SENT PP ON 10TH
GOT APPROVAL EMAIL ON 17TH PP DISPATCHED.

TONS OF THANKS TO ALL MEM AND THIS FORUM WAS WONDERFUL RESOURCE TO PREPARE MY APPLICATION.
WISH ALL OF YOU VERY BEST WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
TAKE CARE.
Awesome, can you please share with us what documents you enclosed to support your application. it is been almost two months my wife applied for SOWP online and yet to here anything from CHC

can854

Oct 21, 2013
alijumani said:
Awesome, can you please share with us what documents you enclosed to support your application. it is been almost two months my wife applied for SOWP online and yet to here anything from CHC
Here is Big List of Docs that I attached with the application:
Marriage Certificate, photos of all event and travelling(approx 20 photos all together), copy of boarding passes, tourist visas, and hotels bill
Letter of Support from Husband
Letter of Reference – employer(Clearly mentioned NOC code and skill level)-Husband
Copy of latest two pay slips-Husband
Copy of Post-Graduation Work Permit- Husband
Copy of Passport & Stamped Visa- Husband
Copy of CRA Tax return 2013 -Husband
Bank & RRSP Statements – Husband(Bal. Total $17k)
Copy of Health & Medical Insurance Plan by Husband & his employer sponsored
Letter of Reference – my employer(India)
Job Offer Letter – my employer(India)
Salary Statement – my job(India)
Certificate of highest level of edu (Mine from India)
Bank A/C & fd Statement (Mine, Bal. $21k in India)

Hope this lists will help to all other future applicant. and remember I applied online with this much docs and shrunk them and uploaded at the time of application. No further docs they asked. PPR got in 2 days. Visa got in 10 days after the application

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
sunny.bc said:
Bad News my wife spouse open work permit god refused.

Reason:

only 1 reason for refusal:

Iam not satisfied that you meet the requirements of R205(c)(ii)

Really depressed i dont know what the high commission wants from us.
I am really sorry for your application ......

Can someone let me know what is the R 205 rule...is it mention in website or somewhere...?

Why CIC is not understanding the situation of Spouse's....

Why they are breaking the hearts and feel them so depressed.

Regards
Rajan

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Rajan Grover said:
I am really sorry for your application ......

Can someone let me know what is the R 205 rule...is it mention in website or somewhere...?

Why CIC is not understanding the situation of Spouse's....

Why they are breaking the hearts and feel them so depressed.

Regards
Rajan
Below is the R205(c)(ii) along with CIC website source:

5.38. Public policy, competitiveness and economy R205(c)(ii)
The following programs are designated as work that can be performed by a foreign national based on the criteria listed in R205(c)(ii).
A. Spouses or common-law partners of skilled workers, C41
Spouses or common-law partners of skilled people coming to Canada as temporary foreign workers may themselves be authorized to work without first having a confirmed job offer. Eligibility requirements of the principal foreign worker which allow the spouse to qualify for a work permit are as follows:
 The principal foreign worker must hold a work permit which is at a level that falls within National Occupational Classification (NOC) Skill Levels 0 , A or B. See the NOC site on HRSDC’s Web page at http://www23.hrdc-drhc.gc.ca/2001/e/generic/welcome.shtml. The skill levels can be found in the Matrix on the left-hand side of the screen.
 These skill levels include management and professional occupations and technical or skilled tradespersons.
 The principal foreign worker must either hold a work permit that is valid for a period of at least six month’s duration, or, if working under the authority of R186 without a work permit, must present evidence that they will be working for a minimum of six months.
 The principal foreign worker and spouse must physically reside, or plan to physically reside, in Canada while working.
Note: If you are a holder of an open work permit (e.g. Post-Graduation Work Permit, Working Holiday, etc), your spouse, applying for the C41 exemption, will need to attach a copy of your work permit to his or her application for an open work permit. Your spouse will also need to provide information about your employment by attaching supporting documents including:  A letter from your current employer confirming employment or a copy of your employment offer or contract; AND  A copy of one of your payslips.
Note: Spouses or common-law partners of work permit holders who have been nominated for permanent residence by a province will be entitled to open work permits for the duration of
FW 1 Temporary Foreign Worker Guidelines
2014-01-10 82 of 191
the work permit of the provincial nominee principal applicant, irrespective of the skill level of the principal applicant’s occupation.
LMO exemption code T13 (or C10 for spouses or common-law partners of Quebec CSQ holders selected under its Programme régulier des travailleurs qualifies (PRTQ) and its Programme de l’expérience québécoise (PEQ), who are holders of a valid work permit, who currently reside in the province of Quebec – see OB 420-A for more information).

for source please click here

sudraj

Feb 17, 2014
Hi friends

I got approval letter from cic yesterday ..May be on Tommrrow I will get my passport

Satya

Rajan Grover

May 27, 2013
sudraj said:
Hi friends

I got approval letter from cic yesterday ..May be on Tommrrow I will get my passport

Satya
Congrats,,,Finally some positive news...

Happy for you...

Kindly share your timeline and what your spouse do in canada ..

For how long your spouse is working there...?

Anyways...Happy for you.

Regards
Rajan

Kumard21

Star Member
Apr 14, 2014
Hello Satya,

Congratulations...........

After long time hearing Positive news from you...

Please provide your mail id.

Regards,
Kumar.