+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Birth Certificate

SuhasNambiar

Mar 17, 2021
Hi everyone,

I am on my work permit and have already received my invite with CIC application progress of 70%. However, I just got married in Feb 2021 and did inform CIC about the same. I have now received a response asking to provide spousal information in order to add her to my PR application for which I have 30 days.

However, I now have to submit her birth certificate, passport and marriage certificate. She does not have a birth certificate and how do we proceed in this case as I have only 29 days to submit.

Will a letter of explanation and a notarized affidavit of birth do the job? Thanks a lot in advance!

mehul26

Oct 2, 2022
I am on same page…. Plz share your further experience
Hi everyone,

I am on my work permit and have already received my invite with CIC application progress of 70%. However, I just got married in Feb 2021 and did inform CIC about the same. I have now received a response asking to provide spousal information in order to add her to my PR application for which I have 30 days.

However, I now have to submit her birth certificate, passport and marriage certificate. She does not have a birth certificate and how do we proceed in this case as I have only 29 days to submit.

Will a letter of explanation and a notarized affidavit of birth do the job? Thanks a lot in advance!
Did the notarized affidavit of birth work for you?