+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal Sponsorship

Niknack

Apr 9, 2020
Hello,

I am a Canadian passport holder and I want to bring my newlywed spouse from India & Sponsor a PR immediately. Can someone tell me the shortest way to bring my spouse to Canada?

I found 2 methods:
Method 1. Apply for Spousal PR Outland Sponsorship. (10-12 months)

Method 2. a) Apply for Spousal Visit Visa
b) Apply for Inland PR Sponsorship (10-12 months)
c) Apply for Open Work Permit after applying for PR Sponsorship.

Please can anyone tell me what would be the shortest and if method 2 actually works? Thankyou

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I am a Canadian passport holder and I want to bring my newlywed spouse from India & Sponsor a PR immediately. Can someone tell me the shortest way to bring my spouse to Canada?

I found 2 methods:

Please can anyone tell me what would be the shortest and if method 2 actually works? Thankyou
There is no "Spousal Visit Visa". With a Canadian spouse, she has little chance of being approved for a TRV. She can apply but the majority in this situation are refused. You also need to factor in that given the pandemic, the processing for TRVs will likely be quite delayed.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello,

I found 2 methods:

The shortest way is #2. It tends to be difficult to get a TRV approved however since IRCC often guesses your spouse has plans to remain in Canada long term (and isn't a genuine visitor). Having said that, your spouse should certainly try. If your spouse has previous travel to countries requiring visas like the US or UK and has strong ties to her home country (e.g. employment, property), there's certainly a chance she may be approved.

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
There is no "Spousal Visit Visa". With a Canadian spouse, she has little chance of being approved for a TRV. She can apply but the majority in this situation are refused. You also need to factor in that given the pandemic, the processing for TRVs will likely be quite delayed.
Non essential visitor visa applications have been suspended due to COVID. If you intend to sponsor your spouse immediately then your option is outland. And you should keep in mind that with the current pandemic it might take longer than the normal processing times.

Bishop Peter

Mar 3, 2023
Hii all in this group, God bless you! One of my friends came to Canada through a scholarship program and obtained permanent residency in 2021. Now, he wants to sponsor his wife and son to come to Canada. He is concerned whether the scholarship will affect his sponsorship application, and he is also wondering about the approximate amount of funds he needs to show in his account.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hii all in this group, God bless you! One of my friends came to Canada through a scholarship program and obtained permanent residency in 2021. Now, he wants to sponsor his wife and son to come to Canada. He is concerned whether the scholarship will affect his sponsorship application, and he is also wondering about the approximate amount of funds he needs to show in his account.
He needs to show that he has enough funds to support his family without government help. There isn’t a fixed number but if he only has the scholarship as a source of fund that could be an issue

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you know approximately how much amount can be considered as sufficient?
There is not exact amount. Does he have at least 5k+ in savings hopefully after he subtracts PR sponsorship expenses and even flights. Where does he live? Cost of living varies a lot so you’d need much more savings in somewhere like Vancouver or Toronto. Does he have good longterm employment? Things like having a bit of an emergency fund if he was to lose his job or have enough savings to afford a larger home when his family arrives, more food, clothing needed for Canadian weather, whether the spouse has experience and language skills that will lead to easy employment in Canada, etc. is what IRCC wants to see. You don’t need to have a huge amount of savings just enough to be able to weather an emergency and enough money to pay for your family to transition to Canada and pay for the additional costs of having a larger family in Canada.