Spousal sponsorship

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Is there anything on cic related to this? Will there be an option to pay the difference if there is an increase? I payed my fees on 28th March.
For Family Class apps, the only increase is $10 for the RPRF. You can't pay the difference. You would pay the new fee and request a refund for the old one.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

For Family Class apps, the only increase is $10 for the RPRF. You can't pay the difference. You would pay the new fee and request a refund for the old one.
1. If Canada visa.ca can be believed

The new regulations come into effect on April 30, at 9 a.m. EDT. Completed applications received before this time will be processed in accordance with the current fee schedule. Applications received on or after that time that do not include the correct fees will be returned to the applicant as incomplete.

Permanent resident processing fees for economic class applicants are generally being increased by 50 per cent as follows:

• Principal applicants of the Economic business class (self-employed, start-up visa, Quebec investor, Quebec entrepreneur, and Quebec self-employed) will increase from $1,050 to $1,575;
  • Principal applicants in the economic non-business class will go up from $550 to $825. This increase will not apply to principal applicants and their families in the Caregivers programs, which will remain unchanged;
  • Fees for spouses or common-law partners of all economic classes will go up from $550 to $825;
  • Fees for dependent children of all economic classes will go up from $150 to $225;
  • The right of permanent resident fee will increase from $490 to $500, which is an increase of two per cent.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

1. If Canada visa.ca can be believed

The new regulations come into effect on April 30, at 9 a.m. EDT. Completed applications received before this time will be processed in accordance with the current fee schedule. Applications received on or after that time that do not include the correct fees will be returned to the applicant as incomplete.

Permanent resident processing fees for economic class applicants are generally being increased by 50 per cent as follows:

• Principal applicants of the Economic business class (self-employed, start-up visa, Quebec investor, Quebec entrepreneur, and Quebec self-employed) will increase from $1,050 to $1,575;
  • Principal applicants in the economic non-business class will go up from $550 to $825. This increase will not apply to principal applicants and their families in the Caregivers programs, which will remain unchanged;
  • Fees for spouses or common-law partners of all economic classes will go up from $550 to $825;
  • Fees for dependent children of all economic classes will go up from $150 to $225;
  • The right of permanent resident fee will increase from $490 to $500, which is an increase of two per cent.
http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p2/2020/2020-04-01/html/sor-dors45-eng.html?fbclid=IwAR07LcwvVS_0rt_iePW2A4vU-5dQAuVkwyU5pqhBoj63PYnKB6Swse_JUfY

sansa7

Dec 17, 2016
Dear all,

My file has been submitted November 2018. And I still didn’t receive any decision on it. Is anyone in the same time frame. Or can anyone help me with the information on why it is so late? Thanks

Jiniya

Apr 14, 2020
I don't know why it takes so long because they provide no information. If they aren't requesting something, there is no communication. After the progress bar hits 100% (12 months) there are literally no updates on the site. Since the last change on the site they wrote to my husband he's eligible to sponsor, but that was a long time ago.

Rooster123

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
I don't know why it takes so long because they provide no information. If they aren't requesting something, there is no communication. After the progress bar hits 100% (12 months) there are literally no updates on the site. Since the last change on the site they wrote to my husband he's eligible to sponsor, but that was a long time ago.
So didn't you guys try to call and find out what's the hold up?? A mean it's clear something is wrong because I see people applying both inland n outland in 2019 and get pr already so that's a great concern you need to get in touch with them

Jiniya

Apr 14, 2020
So didn't you guys try to call and find out what's the hold up?? A mean it's clear something is wrong because I see people applying both inland n outland in 2019 and get pr already so that's a great concern you need to get in touch with them
I didn't know it's possible to contact CIC directly. I did ask my MP's office if they can help, but they talked like CIC doesn't answer questions.

I sent in the web form about our baby, maybe that will help them find my case

NaineshPatel

Apr 15, 2020
Is it a good idea to apply to sponsor a spouse while being unemployed temporarily and on CERB due to COVID-19? Could it affect the sponsorship application in any way?
I am in a same situation like you.

Check follwing link from Canadian Governement , may be it will help you,
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/immigration-applicants.html#sponsors

I have contacted CIC agent over phone and asked him about unemployment but he just said that CERB is not social assistance.
He did not say that I need job for sponsorship or not , he said its up to me if I want to apply or wait for job

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Good day,

I want to ask your opinion guys, if GCMS notes is applicable to know the status of our application. Because after it shows that, I passed the medical exam, we did not receive any update as of today. Please see our timeline below:

Received - October 21, 2019
Confirmation Email Application Received - November 27, 2019
Biometric Request - December 18, 2019
Done - December 23, 2019
Medical Request - December 19, 2019
Sponsor Approval - December 19, 2019
Moved to VO Mississauga - December 24, 2019
Medical Done - January 6, 2020
Medical Exam Passed on GCKEY - February 6, 202

Thanks

Feb 20, 2020
Hi guys new here. Thanks for the post above as this has cleared up a lot. Wondering for common law visa though, is it 12 months living together or 12 consecutive months? I am Canadian and my girlfriend is Polish. We have not lived 12 consecutive months with each other but have lived in 3 addresses and also backpacked together for 12 months in total (not including the gaps apart when her visa expired in between). So they were not consecutive but they were 12. Would this count? I am trying to figure out my best route to get her over here as she has already used her open work visa. Thanks for your help!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi guys new here. Thanks for the post above as this has cleared up a lot. Wondering for common law visa though, is it 12 months living together or 12 consecutive months? I am Canadian and my girlfriend is Polish. We have not lived 12 consecutive months with each other but have lived in 3 addresses and also backpacked together for 12 months in total (not including the gaps apart when her visa expired in between). So they were not consecutive but they were 12. Would this count? I am trying to figure out my best route to get her over here as she has already used her open work visa. Thanks for your help!
Common-law = 12 consecutive months.

You will need to either live together for a year or get married if you want to sponsor her.