+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

tik_tak3

May 8, 2011
Dear All,

I would like to present me case to you hoping I can find a solution. Am a canadian citizen and my 2 years old daughter is canadian as well. I work in Qatar and my family lives with me. I have submitted a sponsorship application from outside Canada for my wife who holds a Lebanese Travel Documents for Palestinian Refugess (She does not have a passport, she holds a travel documents). application was submitted back on October 2009. Since that date we have been providing them with all required information requested. On Feb 2011 we recieved a letter saying "We are ready to issue your spouse visa" given you provide us with the following:

1) Resignation Letter from your current employer (approved by your employer)
2) End of service payment slip
3) Cancelation of your work visa

Now the problem am facing is that I do not want to resign from my work. I plan to move my daughter and wife back to Canada as I would like my daughter to grow up back home and continue to work in Qatar where I will be traveling back and forth between Qatar and Canada.

I really do not understand why the visa officer in Abu Dhabi put these conditions in order to issue the visa. I plan to relocate to Canada and have it as my residence but that does not require me to resign and leave my current job.

Any feedback of help in this case is greatly appreciated.

I have till June 15-2011 to respond to the embassy.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tik_tak3 said:
I would like to present me case to you hoping I can find a solution. Am a canadian citizen and my 2 years old daughter is canadian as well. I work in Qatar and my family lives with me. I have submitted a sponsorship application from outside Canada for my wife who holds a Lebanese Travel Documents for Palestinian Refugess (She does not have a passport, she holds a travel documents). application was submitted back on October 2009. Since that date we have been providing them with all required information requested. On Feb 2011 we recieved a letter saying "We are ready to issue your spouse visa" given you provide us with the following:

1) Resignation Letter from your current employer (approved by your employer)
2) End of service payment slip
3) Cancelation of your work visa

Now the problem am facing is that I do not want to resign from my work. I plan to move my daughter and wife back to Canada as I would like my daughter to grow up back home and continue to work in Qatar where I will be traveling back and forth between Qatar and Canada.

I really do not understand why the visa officer in Abu Dhabi put these conditions in order to issue the visa. I plan to relocate to Canada and have it as my residence but that does not require me to resign and leave my current job.
Section 130 (2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations says:

Sponsor not residing in Canada

(2) A sponsor who is a Canadian citizen and does not reside in Canada may sponsor an application referred to in subsection (1) by their spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner or dependent child who has no dependent children if the sponsor will reside in Canada when the applicant becomes a permanent resident.

The visa officer put those conditions on the application because it is the law.

troeli

May 9, 2011
Hello everybody,

I have a question, ofcourse it's about processing time. I'm Swedish and my husband is Canadian. We have been married since 2009 and we have lived together in Sweden for one year and after that my husband went to Canada and we are going to immigrate to Canada too. We have sent the complete package through an immigration lawyer and i got confirmed that the immigration office in London received the package in march 2011. Does anyone know when we are going to get an answer, since we're not newly weds i can imagine that it would be a faster process. Does anyone have experience with a case like this? They say it takes 6 to 8 months but i'm hoping for less ofcourse. It's so hard to live apart.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You are visa exempt so you know you are allowed to visit your husband at any time for up to 6 months. You just can't work. London is usually fast so hope for the best.

troeli

May 9, 2011
Thank you so much for your answer, but we did all of this already. My husband is sponsoring me and we are waiting for the answer. I just wondered if someone from Sweden has experience with this and I wonder if it really is going to take 6 to 8 months or can they do it quicker too?

troeli

May 9, 2011
Yes I know I can visit my husband, but the problem is that I have 2 kids too and they are not allowed to go to school there. This is the reason why I'm not living with my husband right now. By the way do you know if we get the Certificat de sélection du Québec before the Permanent Residence? Because this is the paper we need for the kids school.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
troeli said:
Yes I know I can visit my husband, but the problem is that I have 2 kids too and they are not allowed to go to school there. This is the reason why I'm not living with my husband right now. By the way do you know if we get the Certificat de sélection du Québec before the Permanent Residence? Because this is the paper we need for the kids school.
I think that you get the CSQ before your file goes to London but I am not sure that you can actually make use of it and enrol the kids in school before your file has completed processing. You could ask Quebec immigration, see http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/reach/telephone.html

The processing time given for London is 8 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#europe but if you look at the top, that is when 80% of files have been processed by so your's could easily be faster than that.

goibi

Jun 26, 2010
@leon...ok.well a friend just told me and I just got a bit disappointed that's why I ran in this forum.but what you said made me feel better now.thanks leon!! ;)

boomerang11

Star Member
Apr 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2011 (CPC-M received on 15 March 2011); MICC Received Undertaking - 27 April 2011
Nomination.....
CSQ Received 27 May 2011
AOR Received.
No AOR; Initial Assessment via e-mail - 8 June 2011
File Transfer...
Buffalo Acknowledged PR Application - 21 April 2011
Med's Done....
25-10-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-11
LANDED..........
03-09-11
Leon said:
I think that you get the CSQ before your file goes to London but I am not sure that you can actually make use of it and enrol the kids in school before your file has completed processing.
I read somewhere else on this site that the visa office must wait to receive the CSQ from Quebec before even starting the processing of an application. I guess it sounds right...makes sense, but has anyone else experienced this? Just wondering because I didn't realize that would delay our processing time until recently.

I guess I thought everyone would be feverishly working on my application since they received it and would immediately let me know if something was missing! :p

Waiting is so difficult!

troeli

May 9, 2011
ice_breaker said:
Hi everyone.. My husband is sponsoring me & my daughter
& he is in QUEBEC.. Can you please tell us what to do & where
to begin.. Do I have to gather first all the documents & have medical
here in our country then send it to him? The moment he recieves the docs.
Is it the time that he will send the application in CIC?. Thank you & help me please..
Hi,

Can I ask which country you live? I'm in the same situation, I have 2 kids, did you come any further?

Thanx

skavaseri

Feb 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Feb 2011
AOR Received.
27 Mar 2011
File Transfer...
07 April 2011
HI all,

An update......our application was accepted - that is the sponsorship was approved, and the file was sent to the Abu Dhabi visa processing office although we had requested the New Delhi office on 07Apr11.
Now the processing time in Abu Dhabi is very very long (80% cases in 27months!!!!!!) yikes I hope we don't have to wait that long!!!!!!!
Please advise.................
Is there anything we can do to shorten this time???
I'm actually in Toronto now to fine an apartment/condo - just leased one yesterday
and school for my son - I can only make any progress in that direction after getting a place!! so next an appointment for his assessment.
and looking for jobs...............hopefully I get something in the next few weeks..............
In the meantime we have given notice to our landlord back in Dubai, looking for shippers - waiting on quotes, and getting ready to ship the goods.

What can I do to shorten the time it will take to get my hubby's visa??????
thanks for your comments and advise.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
skavaseri said:
HI all,

An update......our application was accepted - that is the sponsorship was approved, and the file was sent to the Abu Dhabi visa processing office although we had requested the New Delhi office on 07Apr11.
Now the processing time in Abu Dhabi is very very long (80% cases in 27months!!!!!!) yikes I hope we don't have to wait that long!!!!!!!
Please advise.................
Is there anything we can do to shorten this time???
I'm actually in Toronto now to fine an apartment/condo - just leased one yesterday
and school for my son - I can only make any progress in that direction after getting a place!! so next an appointment for his assessment.
and looking for jobs...............hopefully I get something in the next few weeks..............
In the meantime we have given notice to our landlord back in Dubai, looking for shippers - waiting on quotes, and getting ready to ship the goods.

What can I do to shorten the time it will take to get my hubby's visa??????
thanks for your comments and advise.
Congratulations on passing the first stage of the process!

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do to speed up the processing of your husband's application.

I hope his file is processed quickly!

jcruicks

May 13, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-06-2012
Doc's Request.
10-06-2013
Med's Request
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
10-06-2103
VISA ISSUED...
27-08-2013
I am a Canadian, married to a Senegalese man. We are currently in Senegal together but we want to come back to Canada together. I have not yet applied to sponsor him but want to know if anyone knows roughly how long it would take for him to actually be able to come to Canada. I also wanted to know if it is possible for him to come in on a visitors visa and then apply for perm. residence while still in Canada WITHOUT him having to go back to Senegal first. We are trying to avoid being apart as we are both quite attached. Also, I wanted to know if he can get a visitors visa while I am sponsoring him.
Also, what kinds of things do I need to have for my interview and what do I need to be prepared to answer?
Thanks