Dec 15, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luissuarez said:
So how can I access ECAS?
On cic Website, Immgration and Citizenship -> My Application and then follow the steps.

Fapper

May 3, 2013
Manila Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 27, 2014
Nomination.....
Nov 30, 2015
AOR Received.
Dec 12, 2015
IELTS Request
March 19, 2016
File Transfer...
May 10, 2016
Med's Request
June 02, 2016
Med's Done....
June 16, 2016
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
Oct 09, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 13, 2016
LANDED..........
Jan 20, 2017
Hello Everyone...

Just landed here in Canada earlier this year but i am thinking of getting my GF back home. So, i have a few questions for verification.

here's my scenario:

We have a daughter and i was able to get her a visa unfortunately, the mom was not able to include in the application since we are not common and shes still processing her annulment paper when i applied my provincial nominee. It was only after few months that her annulment was granted and from then i dint update my application/status since i am not fully aware of the commonlaw/relationship process.

Now, my questions are:

1. Can i sponsor her from the time being but no permanent work yet? (still hunting though); Bank funds - i have my funds here and back home. she also have her own. what are my options? any concerns here?

2. can she get a tourist visa instead and will just process her papers here (via inland) any tips?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Fapper said:
Hello Everyone...

Just landed here in Canada earlier this year but i am thinking of getting my GF back home. So, i have a few questions for verification.

here's my scenario:

We have a daughter and i was able to get her a visa unfortunately, the mom was not able to include in the application since we are not common and shes still processing her annulment paper when i applied my provincial nominee. It was only after few months that her annulment was granted and from then i dint update my application/status since i am not fully aware of the commonlaw/relationship process.

Now, my questions are:

1. Can i sponsor her from the time being but no permanent work yet? (still hunting though); Bank funds - i have my funds here and back home. she also have her own. what are my options? any concerns here?

2. can she get a tourist visa instead and will just process her papers here (via inland) any tips?
1. Yes - you can sponsor her provided you are either married or common law.
2. She can certainly apply - however it's difficult to say if she will be approved. In these cases TRVs are refused fairly often. To be approved, she will need to demonstrate strong ties to her home country and prove she has no plans on remaining in Canada long term.

Crazypal

Feb 13, 2017
My wife lives outside Canada and we just got married, I am in the process of filling out the sponsorship application for her. In the "proof of relationship to sponsor" section of the checklist they are asking for one document from the three of the following sets:
1. Joint ownership of residential property
2. proof of joint utilities account
3. documents showing same address
4. shared employment insurance benefits
5. financial support
6. proof of relationship

Since we just got married and she does not live in Canad, How am i supposed to provide these documents? or what are the expectations?

Help in clarifying this out is appreciated.

spicysank

Apr 2, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Other
Hello All!!

A question for all and any info would be appreciated!!

Now that inland applications are only 12 months, how long does it for the approval in principle (applications after Dec 2016) i.e. time to receive the open work permit for spouse? Has any applicants under the new timeline received the same?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Spicy

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
spicysank said:
Hello All!!

A question for all and any info would be appreciated!!

Now that inland applications are only 12 months, how long does it for the approval in principle (applications after Dec 2016) i.e. time to receive the open work permit for spouse? Has any applicants under the new timeline received the same?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Spicy
no one knows yet, because IRCC is not currently working on 2017 inland applications yet. They are still working clearing the backlog and i believe are currently processing Dec 2015 and some early 2016 applications (according to the inland thread). It will be a while before we see how the new processing and timeline works out. The only thing that seems consistent for inland applicants is the issuance of the OWP after 4 months. Everything else still seems to be inconsistent. The best way to see progress is to follow the spreadsheet in the inland 2016 thread.

Patrick H

Nov 17, 2015
She is married to a Canadian born citizen with ties to her home country AND ties to Canada.
In her country she owns and fully paid a condo and a country house ( farm, if you will) along with having 5 sisters, 2 brothers and a son living with her.
In Canada she has a married daughter that has 3 children ( grandchildren).
Her newly married husband is retired, owns a fully paid house and approved as a sponsor.
Are these "ties" strong enough ? Seems they always use that line when she was rejected as a supervisa, visitor visa and as a sponsored spouse.
Oh, and by the way, both she and her husband will ( not maybe ) spend half the year, every year, in her home country to get away from the cold Canadian winters. Now how's that for ties to BOTH countries ? Strong enough?

phil832

Apr 29, 2016
Hi.

I am in the process of sponsoring my wife.

We applied outland but she currently lives with me in Canada.

BUT, she received today a letter saying she needs to prove ongoing relationship with me.

We can prove it, but this is not the actual problem.

The problem is in the letter it is written ; Please reply to this email with your application number in the title...

Which means they want us to reply by email, ok , but we got a letter !
Are we supposed to know magically where to send the email ? Is there a general email place ? It is quite confusing.

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
phil832 said:
Hi.

I am in the process of sponsoring my wife.

We applied outland but she currently lives with me in Canada.

BUT, she received today a letter saying she needs to prove ongoing relationship with me.

We can prove it, but this is not the actual problem.

The problem is in the letter it is written ; Please reply to this email with your application number in the title...

Which means they want us to reply by email, ok , but we got a letter !
Are we supposed to know magically where to send the email ? Is there a general email place ? It is quite confusing.
I believe you can use Case Specific Enquiry to reply or upload any required documents:

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
jbm said:
Thanks a lot, prvc I appreciate it.

Second question, regarding the police certificates. My spouse received her certificates from the beginning of January and one from December of 2016. They are all translated and notarized, and with certified copies. Now being February, and by the time they receive my application it will be close to the end of Feb. would that be an issue? would they want me to resend at a later date? If anyone knows anything it would help loads, thanks.
That shouldn't be an issue:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

If you need a police certificate from a country or territory and:

-are currently living there, or received the police certificate before leaving, the police certificate must be issued within six months before you apply.
-have lived there in the past, the police certificate must be issued after you last lived in that country or territory.

Mellyhead123

Star Member
Sep 18, 2016
I am looking into doing the common-law/conjugal sponsorship if my EE does not go to plan. This is my situation and I would love some advice.

I have been on an IEC visa since May 2015, which expires 31 May 2017. I have been with my boyfriend since May 2016, and living with him since August 2016 and we rent a room in his parents basement and pay her rent which includes bills. We do not share a bank account, we do not share bills such as phone contracts, electricity etc. My bank account has been registered to this address since moving in August, and other things like my phone bill etc were registered a few months later.

If I do not get accepted for EE, the reasons for this will most likely be because my education from the UK isn't high enough to get me the required points.

Can anybody recommend the best/easiest/fastest way for me to apply for this, baring in mind I can only work in the country until 31 May 2017 and I will only have been living with my boyfriend for 9/10 months by the time it expires. I will most probably apply for the visitors visa so I can stay a bit longer, but I cannot afford to be a Visitor for 12-18 months living in the country not making any money.

I would also like to add that I don't particularly want to be away from my boyfriend for more than 3 months, but also don't want to make him come to the UK if it makes it more complicated. We also would like to travel at some point, and reading the above states they don't allow you to leave the country once in the process. I see that once the first stage is processed, If I am an inland applicant, I could potentially get an open work permit so I can get a job. What are the turn around times from the first part of the process, to where you can apply for the work permit? And if I am an outland applicant, how long would it take for this to be approved?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Emily

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
jbm said:
Very good, thanks danawhitaker, I should be in the clear then. Me and my spouse are living together but we don't pay utilities, we just have a rent contract month per month, I'm including the original signed and dated by me and the landlord. We have various mailing letters and receipts with both our names on them, I hope it's enough proof to show we're living together. Just in case I included 20 photos, and 10 pages of printscreens our our convos on whatsapp and skype, and a letter from myself, her, and a couple of our family members. What do you think? anything more needed?
Yeah, I really don't have any idea in that department. I'm married, and my husband and I have not cohabitated, so we didn't have to worry about providing any proof of cohabitation, and we were under the old application package at the time we applied, which didn't get so specific. I wouldn't include any original documents though, unless specifically asked for them. Copies should be good enough. There's no guarantee you'll get anything back. I would include explanations for why you don't have the things that they want from the list of things that you have to choose from. If they want more proof they'll ask you down the line. You can work on trying to think of things to strengthen your case that you maybe can't do in time for the application to be mailed off.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
danawhitaker said:
Since you are living together and they don't ask for photos and chat logs, I wouldn't include those.
Photos are still required, as jbm cannot answer "Yes" to the 4 questions in the Proof of Relationship section.

danawhitaker

Aug 4, 2016
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2016
AOR Received.
21-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
22-07-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-2017
LANDED..........
05-03-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Photos are still required, as jbm cannot answer "Yes" to the 4 questions in the Proof of Relationship section.
Doh! Thank you for the correction. I'm not sure where my brain was going with that one. Edited my original post to take that part out.

savio.dcruz

Aug 3, 2013
Hi Leon,

My spouse has received the below;
'' It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements. ''

Please if you can reply to the below queries;

1. Can she apply for OHIP with this letter ?
2. Her OWP and TRV is expiring April 17th 2017, Should we renew both OWP & TRV ?

Thanks for your reply at the earliest.

Regards,
Savio