+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

username_1

Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TANMEX said:
If you are both in Canada and you say No You application will be refused ..If you are living in your home country and your Husband lives in Canada then NO is the right answer .
No we both are not in Canada. My husband has come to India for our wedding by using his Vacation days, now his vacation days are over so he is working remotely from India. Once he finishes applying sponsorship application he will go back to Canada. So for that answer I will stick with 'NO'.

mvm

Dec 26, 2016
Hi There

I am looking for some advice and guidance.

My spouse and I have just submitted our application through the new application pack along with the application for open work permit.

My spouse is Canadian and I am the person being sponsored. I am currently here on a temporary work permit, as a caregiver. I started the role in December and unfortunately due to my personal circumstances have been unable to continue in the role and left the job yesterday.

How will this affect my application?

Do I need to leave the country and re enter as a tourist? I am a citizen from a VISA exempt country and can travel in Canada for 6 months from entry. I have the financial support to fund myself if necessary. I am not looking to work until I get the open work permit.

Should I notify the immigration consultant working on the application to my change in circumstances?

Will this affect the open work permit application as my application was a change to current permit.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
username_1 said:
No we both are not in Canada. My husband has come to India for our wedding by using his Vacation days, now his vacation days are over so he is working remotely from India. Once he finishes applying sponsorship application he will go back to Canada. So for that answer I will stick with 'NO'.
As a PR, your husband is required to be in Canada throughout the sponsorship process. He must return to Canada before submitting the app.

rockwidme

Oct 6, 2016
Hi All,

Me and my spouse usually talk over Skype rather than the regular phone call . I was wondering if the screenshots showing the duration of the call ( skype to skype ) would work as one of the proof of conversation?

MonzB

Nov 28, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NOVA SCOTIA
App. Filed.......
November 1, 2017
rockwidme said:
Hi All,

Me and my spouse usually talk over Skype rather than the regular phone call . I was wondering if the screenshots showing the duration of the call ( skype to skype ) would work as one of the proof of conversation?
Yes that would work. I did a screen shot of my whatapp calls.

Flutterby1

Jan 4, 2017
Hi there,

I'm just getting my application ready(common law partner is sponsoring me) to send and have a couple of questions I'm hoping you guys can help me with. For the Open Work Permit.. I currently have an open work permit through the IEC program, it ends in March so I'm using the application to extend my stay or remain as a worker-it is asking if I'm applying for a work permit with the same employer which is confusing as that doesn't seem like an "open" work permit to me. The second question is about printing the documents, I just filled out, validated and printed off the first form and my printer seems to print a funny line down every page where it looks a little faded.. will this affect the bar codes or will they accept all the documents like this or should I print elsewhere/get a new printer?

Thanks in advance! :D

gbharath2

Aug 1, 2015
Hi ,

I got my request for passport request submission for stamping and I sent them over on Dec 22 to Ottawa office since I am in canada. What is the usual processing time of the passport stamping since not able to track the return mail. Is there any other way to track since CIC customer service does not have this information.

fastl

Dec 8, 2016
Hi everyone!

I've got a question. For the proof of relationship, do we have to send them our original letters or we can just photocopy it?

Also I don't have my itinerary/e ticket anymore when I visited my husband last 2015 when we were still dating. But I do have a picture of it in my phone but some of the travel dates were cut off when I toom the picture. Can I still send this? Will this be admissible?

Thank you very much for your help :)

Survivor27

Champion Member
May 24, 2016
Planet Earth!
Visa Office......
CEM
App. Filed.......
20.Dec.2016
Doc's Request.
22.Mar.2017
AOR Received.
05.Jan.2017
File Transfer...
13.Jan.2017
Med's Done....
17.Nov.2016_IOM
Passport Req..
19.June.2017
VISA ISSUED...
23.June.2017
LANDED..........
09.Sept.2017
fastl said:
Hi everyone!

I've got a question. For the proof of relationship, do we have to send them our original letters or we can just photocopy it?

Also I don't have my itinerary/e ticket anymore when I visited my husband last 2015 when we were still dating. But I do have a picture of it in my phone but some of the travel dates were cut off when I toom the picture. Can I still send this? Will this be admissible?

Thank you very much for your help :)
Hi, photocopy of the letters should be fine. About your itinerary/e-ticket, if you have it on your email you can just print them.

username_1

Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
As a PR, your husband is required to be in Canada throughout the sponsorship process. He must return to Canada before submitting the app.
He can't even visit me temporarily?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
username_1 said:
He can't even visit me temporarily?
He can visit you while the app processes. However, he needs to keep the visits short, no more than a few weeks, and shouldn't go more than a few times during the process.

He needs to actually be in Canada when the application is submitted.

username_1

Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
username_1 said:
If I reply this question with 'NO': What should I write in the explanation of No?

They are asking if no, explain why not. If you are living with someone else, include their name and their relationship in explanation?

So Can I say, due to less vacation days my husband has to go back and I'm living with his parents and mention his mother and father name?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
username_1 said:
If I reply this question with 'NO': What should I write in the explanation of No?

They are asking if no, explain why not. If you are living with someone else, include their name and their relationship in explanation?

So Can I say, due to less vacation days my husband has to go back and I'm living with his parents and mention his mother and father name?
"Not living together because my spouse is in Canada".

username_1

Mar 27, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
He can visit you while the app processes. However, he needs to keep the visits short, no more than a few weeks, and shouldn't go more than a few times during the process.

He needs to actually be in Canada when the application is submitted.
It's strange that I have not read about this rule anywhere on CIC website.

All they are asking is if you are living in Canada or outside Canada, in which I guess visiting some other country for less than 6 months is not considered as living outside Canada. If you are visiting somewhere for let's say 2 months it means you are still living in Canada.

If I'm wrong please correct me.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
username_1 said:
It's strange that I have not read about this rule anywhere on CIC website.

All they are asking is if you are living in Canada or outside Canada, in which I guess visiting some other country for less than 6 months is not considered as living outside Canada. If you are visiting somewhere for let's say 2 months it means you are still living in Canada.
IRCC states that PR sponsors must be residing in Canada throughout the process. There is no strict definition for "residing". Generally, if it's anything more than a few weeks, IRCC could determine that the sponsor is no longer residing in Canada. There have been many apps refused because the PR sponsor left Canada, even if only for a month.