+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

kharag.riar

Nov 16, 2016
Hey guys
So I applied for my wife's sponsorship in March,2016 and yesterday I got an email asking for my passport to be submitted. Thumbs up for that. Now I have few complications to be dealt with before further process and i need your help for that. I have been told by friends that the duration for the visa would be till the medical expires which is dated on Feb 12, 2016 so it ll expire in Feb. Now my brother is getting married in India in March,2017 so, to keep it short, I want her to come to India after the marriage with me. What options do I have now?
Awaiting your kind replies
Regards

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
kharag.riar said:
Hey guys
So I applied for my wife's sponsorship in March,2016 and yesterday I got an email asking for my passport to be submitted. Thumbs up for that. Now I have few complications to be dealt with before further process and i need your help for that. I have been told by friends that the duration for the visa would be till the medical expires which is dated on Feb 12, 2016 so it ll expire in Feb. Now my brother is getting married in India in March,2017 so, to keep it short, I want her to come to India after the marriage with me. What options do I have now?
Awaiting your kind replies
Regards
hi, it's not guaranteed the expiration date matches the medical anniversary exactly. CIC can extend the expiration date a bit to help the applicant land, so a lot of people get a date that is more than 1 year past the medical.

i'm not understanding the dilemma. where is your wife from? is she not able to land by February, if that happens to be the expiration date of her COPR?

if she does get an expiration date of february, then she can land in canada before then, and go with you to india. since it's highly unlikely she will have her pr card in time for March, she can apply for a PR TD to fly back to canada. if you're concerned about travel costs, then when your wife gets her COPR, she can technically request a change to be made. she will need to submit an explanation for the request, and it's not guaranteed the request will be approved. So i think more details are needed to understand what your actual dilemma is.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kharag.riar said:
She needs to land before the expiry date. It's not recommended to ask for an extension on the COPR.

The passport and COPR should arrive within a month; if she completes her landing before the end of the year, she should have her PR card in time to travel after the wedding in March. If not, I believe ND takes about 2 weeks to issue a PRTD

haz2016

Sep 26, 2016
I just received the ppr from the visa office to send in the passports. My son's passport is American, do they print immigrant visas on US passports?

This is the passport we quoted in his application.

many thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
haz2016 said:
I just received the ppr from the visa office to send in the passports. My son's passport is American, do they print immigrant visas on US passports?

This is the passport we quoted in his application.

many thanks
It was probably a generic email, not specific to your situation of having both visa-exempt and non visa-exempt applicants.

They shouldn't require the American passport but I would respond to the email asking them to clarify.

sjhaze

Nov 17, 2016
I am a CDN citizen living in the US with my American wife. We have three children (and they have their citizenship papers). We would like to move to Canada some time this year; I would like to start the outland process now.

Currently I am employed in the US. Since our move is months away, how do I prove that I have a job in Canada? I was told by an immigration lawyer that I could just prove that I was looking for a job. What is the standard of proof regarding looking for a job?

Thx.

haz2016

Sep 26, 2016
that is exactly the case..my wife has non visa exempt and my son has a US passport.

so for visa exempt passports, the standard is that they don't print an immigrant visa on it?

thanks

canuck_in_uk said:
It was probably a generic email, not specific to your situation of having both visa-exempt and non visa-exempt applicants.

They shouldn't require the American passport but I would respond to the email asking them to clarify.

cy22

Oct 31, 2016
Hi! I wonder if anyone could enlighten me. Im a caregiver here in canada and in few months I'm about to send my application for permanent residency, my girlfriend is also a caregiver and just started her working visa last month. We've been in a relationship about 5 years now. And we are planning to get marry, we are confuse if shall we do it before i pass my application and that would mean i have to include her as a spouse in my application. Or marry after i get my permanent residency,. My girlfriend just finish two years in college, that means that she has to apply for study permit after two year to comply with the requirements for permanent residency. If i merry her after i get my permanent residence, are we going to have a problem?

cy22

Oct 31, 2016
Hi! I wonder if anyone could enlighten me. Im a caregiver here in canada and in few months I'm about to send my application for permanent residency, my girlfriend is also a caregiver and just started her working visa last month. We've been in a relationship about 5 years now. And we are planning to get marry, we are confuse if shall we do it before i pass my application and that would mean i have to include her as a spouse in my application. Or marry after i get my permanent residency,. My girlfriend just finish two years in college, that means that she has to apply for study permit after two year to comply with the requirements for permanent residency. If i merry her after i get my permanent residence, are we going to have a problem? thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
cy22 said:
Hi! I wonder if anyone could enlighten me. Im a caregiver here in canada and in few months I'm about to send my application for permanent residency, my girlfriend is also a caregiver and just started her working visa last month. We've been in a relationship about 5 years now. And we are planning to get marry, we are confuse if shall we do it before i pass my application and that would mean i have to include her as a spouse in my application. Or marry after i get my permanent residency,. My girlfriend just finish two years in college, that means that she has to apply for study permit after two year to comply with the requirements for permanent residency. If i merry her after i get my permanent residence, are we going to have a problem? thank you
Don't repost your question after 20 minutes. It's very rude. Post and wait for an answer. If you need an answer right away, go pay a consultant or lawyer.

If you have ever lived together continuously for at least one year, you are common-law and she needs to be included in your app.

If you're not common-law, then you either you get married before you become a PR and include her in your app or you get married after and you sponsor her.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
sjhaze said:
I am a CDN citizen living in the US with my American wife. We have three children (and they have their citizenship papers). We would like to move to Canada some time this year; I would like to start the outland process now.

Currently I am employed in the US. Since our move is months away, how do I prove that I have a job in Canada? I was told by an immigration lawyer that I could just prove that I was looking for a job. What is the standard of proof regarding looking for a job?

Thx.
Ongoing communication proofs with the prospective employer will serve the purpose...

Hasan

Dsrdj

Nov 18, 2016
Hello everyone, I need a huge help
Yesterday my husband and I recieved an email regarding about our case.. They mention that the details is above attach. HOwever theres no attach. Anyone can give me a suggestion about what to do I already emailed them back and the auto machine responded that they will get back in 28more days.. :( everything is done in my case what we are waiting for us for them to to request my husbands passport.

3bosy87

Dec 12, 2015
Greetings

My spouse had just received an email letter regarding her permanent resident Visa to Canada, and The visa office want her original passport and her dependents passport also. In the middle of the letter in red shows the visa validity. So my question is does that means she is going to receive her visa to enter Canada?... My other question is regarding my dependents who I applied for their proof of citizenship but they were also included in my spouse application as dependents. So my question is will my dependents also receive a visa? or no ?

hopefull_lady

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-05-2016
Doc's Request.
05-08-2016
File Transfer...
18-07-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Dec 08 2016
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2016
LANDED..........
16/12/2016
Can anyone tell me if my husband can stop at a different airport for a layover before the final destination or he has to come straight to the final destination.....

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
hopefull_lady said:
Can anyone tell me if my husband can stop at a different airport for a layover before the final destination or he has to come straight to the final destination.....
Not sure why you are asking this. Transit through another airport is unavoidable for most destinations.