+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

diding

Oct 14, 2016
Does anybody know how much the Medical is in US? When I called one of the clinics in Gergia, they are asking me 470usd. is it right or too much?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
diding said:
Does anybody know how much the Medical is in US? When I called one of the clinics in Gergia, they are asking me 470usd. is it right or too much?
There is no set price; Panel Physicians can pretty much charge whatever they want. From what I've seen on the forum, $470 is around the standard for medicals in the US.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
We paid 405 CUC in Cuba which is based on the US dollar. I am in Canada so it was 600 canadian dollars

Nanami

Jul 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2016
Hello everyone, I hope some one can really help me. I'm stressing a lot over this application (Mainly because I've never done anything like this>_<)lol :(.

I've been living with my common law partner for over a year now. We don't get any mail with both of our names on it.
My sister sent me some papers through the mail and addressed it to my partner and I. That's the only thing with both our names on. All the other bills Internet and hydro are online, so she doesn't get any in the mail as well. I believe that's all we have for now. We don't have phones. We communicate through imessage using wifi. We both have iPods and I have an iPhone with no service so I mainly use it via wifi as well.
My partner tried to add me to her bank account but they told her since she opened her account in Manitoba(we're in Victoria, BC) she has to go there to add me, but she was able to add me to her credit account but both of our names are not on it. How do I go about getting proof she added me to her credit account? :-[
My partner had mentioned me to the landlord before moving in last year, that we're a couple wanting to live here. There was a 6 month lease and only my partners name was on in. A few months ago she finally called the landlord saying we want to renew the lease and the landlord lady either forgot about me or pretended like she didn't know another person was living here too.(Note: she saw me a couple of times when she'd come by and clean the building) in the end she said she'd bring the application for us to fill out...we're still waiting on that application ::)
Has anyone been in this situation or some what similar with "proving that you have been living together for a period of at least one continuous year"?

tigermilo

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
11/26/2016
AOR Received.
12/03/2016
File Transfer...
12/12/2016 (Received SA)
Med's Done....
UPFRONT: 09/30/16. Meds Passed: 12/06/16
Passport Req..
11/22/2017
VISA ISSUED...
12/01/2017
LANDED..........
12/23/2017
Nanami said:
Has anyone been in this situation or some what similar with "proving that you have been living together for a period of at least one continuous year"?
The mail that you and your partner receive don't have to have both your names on it but you can show mail that you receive separate from mail that your partner receives but the address should be the same. As for not talking on the phone you can take screenshots of your iMessages as far back as you can go even if it's time consuming it's better than nothing. You can also include photos of both of you together and with any family or friends.

Arb1985

Aug 6, 2016
Hi everyone
So after applying for family sponsorship, we received the letter, that my wife's sponsorship application was accepted.
Now when i go to the page of checking the application status, i don't see my wife's name anymore, only my name is click-able.
Is this a sign that the processing of my part of the application is started, or something else?
Thnx in advance for every response.

LDRLDM

Oct 8, 2016
Good evening!

Can I ask a very complicated question?

My father is married to someone in the US (they are now going through divorce, but still legally married in the US), and the woman had a child prior to their marriage (also married to someone in our home country, divorced in the US).

My father and my mother are not divorced or annulled in my home country, but they divorced in the US (both agreed to it, signed physically themselves while in the US).

My father has since lived in the US and my mother went back to her home country after the divorce.

Now I am confused as to what I should put on the Additional Family Information sheet. I do not know whether I should write my parents as married (since they are in our home country, though my father is married both in the US and back home) and whether I have to include my step sibling whose whereabouts and whatnots are beyond my knowledge.

I am in a comlicated family situation, thus putting it into writing drives me nuts.

I do not plan on committing misrepresentation that is why I am seeking an advice as to how to declare everything, but if I deliberately ommit certain facts, would they really know? (Just out of curiousity)

Thanks,

LD

sadcanadianpr

Star Member
Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7th July 2016
AOR Received.
23rd August 2016
File Transfer...
31st August 2016
Med's Request
22nd February 2017
Med's Done....
7th March 2017
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Still Waiting
Arb1985 said:
Hi everyone
So after applying for family sponsorship, we received the letter, that my wife's sponsorship application was accepted.
Now when i go to the page of checking the application status, i don't see my wife's name anymore, only my name is click-able.
Is this a sign that the processing of my part of the application is started, or something else?
Thnx in advance for every response.
Buddy if you are using your application number and last name in ecas it will only show your name. If you search the same with your wife's UCI and her details you will see both. Under your wife's name Decision Made and Under your name In Process.

Jeff243

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
I am about to send my application to sponsor my wife, to come live with me in Canada, we married in 2010, since then we have lived together outside Canada, now we are in 2016 and would like to go back to Canada next year, we have 2 children born outside Canada but have all their canadian papers. How much proof of a legitimate relationship do I have to show; we are legally married and have all the papers, we married in 2010

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Your situation is not complicated at all.

Canada recognizes the US divorce; your parents are not married.

You must list your step-siblings. If you don't have all of their information, simply state that on an additional sheet. It will not be an issue for the app.

Arb1985

Aug 6, 2016
sadcanadianpr said:
Buddy if you are using your application number and last name in ecas it will only show your name. If you search the same with your wife's UCI and her details you will see both. Under your wife's name Decision Made and Under your name In Process.
I actually knew that, that is why when i log in i use my wife data. The thing that worried me was, that after the email that said she was eligible to be a sponsor,
now when i log in with her data, i don't see her name, or decision made. I only see my name, with Application in process, and medical received.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Arb1985 said:
I actually knew that, that is why when i log in i use my wife data. The thing that worried me was, that after the email that said she was eligible to be a sponsor,
now when i log in with her data, i don't see her name, or decision made. I only see my name, with Application in process, and medical received.
don't worry about what is or isn't in MyCIC or ECAS. it has no effect on your application processing. if anything it's a glitch in the system. it means nothing.

Lookfast

Star Member
Jul 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
AOR Received.
19-07-2016
File Transfer...
Sa and file transfer 24Nov2016. Aor2 12 December
Med's Done....
11-03-2016
Passport Req..
Waiting ?
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting ?
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello everyone
Plz help
I am submit my file on 28th june 16 cpc Mississauga
Cic sent back my file on 22 September because my representative not authorised after this I sent back my file to cic without any representative on 30 September
Now tell me guys when my sponsor approval email coming ?
Aor 1 receive 19 July
Medial have been received

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Lookfast said:
Cic sent back my file on 22 September because my representative not authorised after this I sent back my file to cic without any representative on 30 September
Aor 1 receive 19 July
Your first submission date and AOR won't be considered. Sept 30th will be considered your submission date. Sponsor approval takes about a month right now.

SL_chica

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cololmbo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
xx-08-2015
Doc's Request.
RE-PCC xx-10-2016
AOR Received.
xx-08-2015
File Transfer...
xx-09-2015
Med's Request
RE-MED xx-10-2016
Med's Done....
xx-07-2015 | xx-10-2016
Interview........
xx-10-2016
Passport Req..
xx-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
xx-11-2016
LANDED..........
xx-11-2016
Lookfast said:
Hello everyone
Plz help
Aor 1 receive 19 July
Medial have been received

Because you had to re-send you application give it till late November. The application processing time is now at 33 days for outland applications, but it can change.