+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

chenoe23

Dec 31, 2010
Hi Leon and the rest of the forumers,

I am hoping everyone and Prosperous New Year ahead of us. Please i am so desperate of some answers to my concerns.
My husband and I landed here in Calgary last November 20, by way of an immigrant visa. We decided not to accompany our
4 children during our landing because of the huge amount of money requirement during the processing of our visa.
However we included them in our PR application as well as in our medicals as what the immigration requires.
Last December with God's blessing , me and my husband already got permanent full time jobs. Now we long to have our children join us as soon as possible by way of sponsorship. However, as i saw on the document checklist for sponsoring dependent children,
there is this 12months income requirement, and the tax return copy. I am so frustrated. :( :( :( :( :(

Can we sponsor still our dependent children by just submitting only our employment certifications and or employment
contracts? What other documents should i attached just to prove that we can now support them here in Calgary?

As a mother, every moment i am not at ease thinking they are million miles away from us. If i could just move back time
and brought them with us during our initial application... but we really cannot afford it during that time....
I am always crying yearning for my children... please help me.... :( :( :(

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do not have to meet income requirements to sponsor dependent children. You should still give immigration information about what your income is at the moment, just send copies of pay slips since you have not filed taxes yet. It should not be a problem.

KarenCee

Star Member
Dec 30, 2010
Georgia, USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
He doesn't have to prove income to sponsor a spouse. You do have to show that you have plans to settle in Canada when you get your PR so letter from his parents saying you can stay, detailed plans to buy land/real estate, what you are planning to do etc. will all help.
Thanks so much for answering my question Leon. Compared to U.S. Immigration this seems to be a relatively easier process. :)

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
deendrinal said:
Congrats sadatul! a great new year for you! God bless

Thanks so much deendrinal..:):)..wish u all the best.

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
godisgreat said:
Congrats Sadatul.
It was my pleasure godisgreat..hope this year will bring best for you..

missinghim

Dec 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Dec-'10.
File Transfer...
04-Jan-'11.
Passport Req..
19-Jan-'11.
VISA ISSUED...
4-Mar-'11
LANDED..........
18-July-'11
Leon, my application has been forwarded to embassy in New Delhi. It has been processed and approved here, I was wondering when will i hear frm New Delhi...will they send me (the sponsor) or my husband (the principle applicant) any correspondence..stating they rec'd it frm Mississauga & will they let us know when they start processing it? Also since its gone abroad am i free (imm canadian) to travel for 4 mths or will someone contact me still about the application or is it now betw my hubby n embassy??? I want to go visit husband w/ kids. I can have someone check my mail here while i go.

james79

Jan 4, 2011
My common law partner is in canada in April 2011 she will apply as Permanent Resident and she would like us (me and our daughter 5 Years Old) to be included in her application as permanent resident. Any Advice from you guys so that we will know any idea if my wife first then later she will sponsor us or my common law and us in her application?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
missinghim said:
Also since its gone abroad am i free (imm canadian) to travel for 4 mths or will someone contact me still about the application or is it now betw my hubby n embassy???
Since you are Canadian, you don't need to be in Canada to sponsor. Have someone check your mail and answering machine in case they try to get in touch. Enjoy your trip.

james79 said:
My common law partner is in canada in April 2011 she will apply as Permanent Resident and she would like us (me and our daughter 5 Years Old) to be included in her application as permanent resident. Any Advice from you guys so that we will know any idea if my wife first then later she will sponsor us or my common law and us in her application?
She needs to include you in the application when she applies for PR. Not including a common law partner and child in the application would be seen as misrepresentation and she would not be able to sponsor you later.

james79

Jan 4, 2011
my common law partner leon planned to apply PR this april 2011 and she will include us in the application so that when the PR is granted it will include us also for short the PR application are my common law partner, me and my daughter so the question is do we have a big chance of granting our PR as family or much better if my common law partner first will apply and declare us in her application then after she gets her PR then thats the time that she will sponsor us?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
james79 said:
my common law partner leon planned to apply PR this april 2011 and she will include us in the application so that when the PR is granted it will include us also for short the PR application are my common law partner, me and my daughter so the question is do we have a big chance of granting our PR as family or much better if my common law partner first will apply and declare us in her application then after she gets her PR then thats the time that she will sponsor us?
If you are included in the application, you do not need to be sponsored. You will all get PR at the same time. If your common law partner wishes to include you and the child as not-accompanying, that is a possibility in which case you will also have medicals but not get PR at this time and in that case you can be sponsored later but there would be no reason to do that unless you can not afford the immigration fees for all of you right now. If you were to take that route, you would be delaying your PR because instead of getting it at the same time, you would have to be sponsored which often takes 6-12 months.

james79

Jan 4, 2011
is there any reason leon we are not eligible of getting the PR at the same time? we have all the requirements needed and proof that were common law partner one of it is my daughters she carries my family name... She is afraid the immigration might not give us the PR.

james79

Jan 4, 2011
Leon can i ask you a personal question, are you an immigration lawyer? im very glad i joined this forum, without you i dont know what to answer we dont know anything in terms of immigration.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not an immigration lawyer. If I was, I would be taking big money for my advice :)

There are a couple of reasons why it might be better for her not to include you on her application even though she is supposed to. One of them would be that she did not list you as her common law partner on her work permit. Immigration may feel that she lied on her work permit if she did not list you. If that is the case, you or her should talk to a lawyer to find out how to proceed.

Another possible reason would be if she thinks that you would be refused for PR due to medical reasons. If you are applying as a family and you are refused, then she is also refused.

Did she tell you why she feels that she should not include you in her application?