+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

deendrinal

Dec 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Need some answers and advice since i can't sleep thinking of it.. Thank God i found this forum..
Here's the scenario, my wife stays in Manitoba and she have'nt received her PR yet but we already got married last Oct 2010 without waiting for the release of her PR. In the same month i went through for a medical examination and contacted the clinic last Nov. and they told me that the medical report (for spouse sponsorship) was sent directly to canadian embassy... my wife status was single when she applied for her PR. I just want to know if there would be a conflict on releasing her PR and problems we will encounter on sponsoring me?
Thanks and God bless..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deendrinal said:
I just want to know if there would be a conflict on releasing her PR and problems we will encounter on sponsoring me?
Yes, there will definitely be a conflict. She MUST tell immigration as soon as possible that she has gotten married and needs to add her spouse to her application. They will tell her what to do. This will delay her PR but it is the only way now that you are already married.

If she accepts her PR she applied for as a single person without informing them that she is married and without adding you to her application, this is considered misrepresentation and is very serious business. If she did that, she would never be able to sponsor you and she might even lose her own PR again.

deendrinal

Dec 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the quick response.. now we're in trouble.. :(
Any advice Leon? thanks and God bless..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deendrinal said:
Thanks for the quick response.. now we're in trouble.. :(
Any advice Leon? thanks and God bless..
No, you are not in trouble yet. She needs to inform immigration that she got married and needs to add her spouse (you) to her application. If she does that, there will be no problem.

deendrinal

Dec 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wow you are really a big help Leon.
For sure they will delay the PR, but how long, any idea Leon? I really miss her so much.. :( According to her she checked her PR status and the CIC informed her that she might get a scheduled interview..
You are really big help Leon i really appreciate it.. I can now feel better now..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, she needs to tell them she got married before the interview. Postpone the interview and add you to her application. She needs to do it NOW.

If she goes for the interview and "lands" as a PR without adding you to her application, she will NEVER be able to sponsor you.

Adding you to her application will most likely be faster than if she got her PR first and then sponsored you for PR but because you are already married now, getting her PR first and sponsoring you later is not an option any more.

Latvian

Star Member
Oct 26, 2010
Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!

ALL THE BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES, AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US WITH IMMIGRATION :D

abisehiyo

Star Member
Dec 14, 2009
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 06,2010
Hello guys,
Just received a call few minutes ago from an immigration officer, he talked also with my hubby (we both got nervous). Anyways he called regarding my application for visitor visa. I applied visitor visa NOV 12 online, application received by CPC-V inland application DEC 06, my work visa/permit expired DEC 10. I applied visitor visa before for me to maintain a legal status here in canada while waiting for PR but I just found out (after submitting both application for visitor visa and inland sponsorship) that it is easier and faster to do it outland. I have written in my request for visitor visa that I want/need the visa because my current (that time) work visa will expire soon and I couldn't find a job yet and will apply a work visa whenever I get I job. (I was just being honest and did not seeit coming that we will apply Inland sponsorship). The officer told me that if he grants my visitor visa now, and if I get a work visa I need to re-enter the country. RE-ENTER?? Is that true?
My hubby can support me financially but I also want to practice my profession and save money and send some to my family (mom,brothers and sister for help and support). I really want to work again, I have been sitting at home for close to 2 months, and I don't know how much longer I can make it.
Could I withdraw my inland application now, then apply for outland instead since I have a valid visitor visa? (I know the only risk for that if they want an interview, I will be needing to go home.) thanks in advance

deendrinal

Dec 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Leon i really appreciate it..

BTW, here's the statement of her status when we checked it through CIC online:

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

Sponsorship / In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status Determined
The sponsorship applications and In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you in writing in either case.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
deendrinal said:
Thanks Leon i really appreciate it..

BTW, here's the statement of her status when we checked it through CIC online:
Like I said, she needs to let them know NOW that she has gotten married. They will tell her what additional paperwork she needs to fill out. There is no point in waiting to tell them. If you want to get PR and join her in Canada, she MUST add you to her application BEFORE she gets her PR.

sadatul

Oct 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
SINGAPORE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6TH JULY 2010
Doc's Request.
7TH AUGUST 2010
AOR Received.
NEVER
File Transfer...
23RD SEPTEMBER
Med's Request
7TH AUGUST 2010
Med's Done....
23RD AUGUST
Interview........
DID NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
11TH JANUARY 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19th JAN 2011
LANDED..........
BY MARCH INSHALLAH
here is my update

I just got an email from Singapore they said

Mr. Hoque,

All requested documents have been received and processed. You will shortly receive a letter requesting submission of your passport and other documents for issuance of visa.

Sincerely,
Visa Officer

and then on E-cas under my Permanent Residence status I saw

We started processing your application on September 23, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I M DONE..YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D

godisgreat

Jun 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sadatul said:
here is my update

I just got an email from Singapore they said

Mr. Hoque,

All requested documents have been received and processed. You will shortly receive a letter requesting submission of your passport and other documents for issuance of visa.

Sincerely,
Visa Officer

and then on E-cas under my Permanent Residence status I saw

We started processing your application on September 23, 2010.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I M DONE..YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D
Congrats Sadatul.

KarenCee

Star Member
Dec 30, 2010
Georgia, USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I thought I would jump in and get my feet wet. I'm new here but I didn't see a place to introduce myself (maybe I missed that spot?) but anywho...

My husband (Canadian) and me (U.S. Cit) are planning on moving back to his home in Nova Scotia. I know there's a process and since we went through U.S. Immigration (what a journey THAT was!) we are familiar with waiting and paperwork. From what I've read he can apply for me from within the States when the time comes. I haven't read through this whole thread yet...and I will...but I am wondering how he can prove he will be able to provide for me until I can work if he doesn't have a job at that time? His parents will more than likely provide letters to prove we can live with them and we do intend to buy land before we move and he also has me on his bank account there in NS. Are those things proof enough? I am sorry for asking so many "newbie" questions...it's not my intention to be bothersome. I just figured I could jump in and start posting somewhere, and maybe get a little bit of information while I read through this mammoth thread. :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He doesn't have to prove income to sponsor a spouse. You do have to show that you have plans to settle in Canada when you get your PR so letter from his parents saying you can stay, detailed plans to buy land/real estate, what you are planning to do etc. will all help.