+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Djl

Star Member
May 6, 2015
susanrichards2015 said:
I like the members comment related to the question that was asked. There is a difference between naming people at a wedding party in an interview with a CIC officer and writing each persons name out on the back of a photo as if it is a requirement. The comment that was made related to the advice given to the member is hilarious to me.

That's fine! But maybe lets just all concentrate on helping each other get through all of this pain and suffering that we are going through and give some much needed advice and comfort for the ones who need it especially the original poster, I really don't think he found that hilarious!!!

bk2001050

Aug 14, 2016
aylar10 said:
Hello everyone,

I have a quick question and I would truly appreciate it if someone can help me with it.
I've started writing at the back of our travel, engagement, wedding photos. I am the sponsor but I was just talking to a gentleman who sponsored his wife and he told me the applicant should write the explanation behind thr photos. Also, I have to mention the people from left to right on each photo. For example, I should number the people, 1,2,3 and etc and say who those people are.
The way that I've done it, I just put the date, the event and the summary of the people, for example my his husband, his siblings and their spouses or my aunt, cousins or uncles.. I haven't done any numbering or I haven't mention anyone from left to right??

I have never heard of this rule before. Is this a made up rule or should I follow it and order my pics again and write up the explanations again.
Many thanks in advance for your help.
aylar10 I can offer some good advice about this situation. First remember that CIC or currently IRCC does not make the laws in Canada, it only executes them and they are bound by the IRPA(Immigration and Refugee Protection Act) which currently does not dictate or have any legislation about how evidence or photographs should be presented. CIC only recommends you send pictures with names and dates and other pertaining stuff because if there is an investigation or if the officer things the marriage or common law is not genuine, then during the interview he will show both of you the photographs you sent in and ask who is in the pictures left to right etc....when was it taken. As so remember the officer does not really know who is in the pictures, you could say that "from left to right this is mario, this is luigi, and this is godzilla and his girlfriend Pinocchio" and the officer would not be able to refuse you based on that because there is no other evidence as to who they are. But if you do write on the back and the names you and your spouse specify do not match the back, you will be in trouble. That is why most good law firms will send photocopies of pictures with tabs right next to the pictures labelling them. So if you are asked in an interview, the tab faces you and you can just read from it.

Djl

Star Member
May 6, 2015
bk2001050 said:
aylar10 I can offer some good advice about this situation. First remember that CIC or currently IRCC does not make the laws in Canada, it only executes them and they are bound by the IRPA(Immigration and Refugee Protection Act) which currently does not dictate or have any legislation about how evidence or photographs should be presented. CIC only recommends you send pictures with names and dates and other pertaining stuff because if there is an investigation or if the officer things the marriage or common law is not genuine, then during the interview he will show both of you the photographs you sent in and ask who is in the pictures left to right etc....when was it taken. As so remember the officer does not really know who is in the pictures, you could say that "from left to right this is mario, this is luigi, and this is godzilla and his girlfriend Pinocchio" and the officer would not be able to refuse you based on that because there is no other evidence as to who they are. But if you do write on the back and the names you and your spouse specify do not match the back, you will be in trouble. That is why most good law firms will send photocopies of pictures with tabs right next to the pictures labelling them. So if you are asked in an interview, the tab faces you and you can just read from it.

Your long response is very true and to the fact but if it's a genuine relationship it doesn't matter what law firm requests you to put Mario, luigi or Godzilla in order of the pictures! Lol. Again, it it's a true and genuine relationship where the families know each other there is no relevance to what any good law firms tell you!!

bk2001050

Aug 14, 2016
Djl said:
Your long response is very true and to the fact but if it's a genuine relationship it doesn't matter what law firm requests you to put Mario, luigi or Godzilla in order of the pictures! Lol. Again, it it's a true and genuine relationship where the families know each other there is no relevance to what any good law firms tell you!!
@ Djl, Although I agree with your statement regarding a genuine relationship, you have to understand that CIC agents are only concerned about paperwork, not really about genuine relationship. There are so many cases about true love and relationships here that have been refused because of the level of knowledge of the officer or their interpretation/understanding of the evidence , it is unbelievable! I mean for example if you have truly loved a partner and lived with them for the past 5 years but didnt think of the future, hence you didn't collect enough evidence of cohabitation and chat logs(really? chat logs from 5 years ago?), or if you were not well versed with canadian law regarding immigration and hence didnt bother to collect statements or other required proof........ as far as the law and CIC officer is concerned, it didnt really happen because you have not sent enough evidence to substantiate your claim.
Best personal example..... I remember being first attracted to my current wife/falling in love with her because she had different socks on each feet and I referred this to be that she was a non-conformist...different than everyone else. But if I dont have proof or pictures of this event, it most certainly didnt happen.

Remember that the Onus is upon you and your sponsor to satisfy that the marriage/common law application is genuine and continuing as well as that the principal applicant is not inadmissable. If you dont submit enough evidence and are non-chalant about the application, you WILL be refused ad there is almost nothing you can possibly do.

Djl

Star Member
May 6, 2015
bk2001050 said:
@ Djl, Although I agree with your statement regarding a genuine relationship, you have to understand that CIC agents are only concerned about paperwork, not really about genuine relationship. There are so many cases about true love and relationships here that have been refused because of the level of knowledge of the officer or their interpretation/understanding of the evidence , it is unbelievable! I mean for example if you have truly loved a partner and lived with them for the past 5 years but didnt think of the future, hence you didn't collect enough evidence of cohabitation and chat logs(really? chat logs from 5 years ago?), or if you were not well versed with canadian law regarding immigration and hence didnt bother to collect statements or other required proof........ as far as the law and CIC officer is concerned, it didnt really happen because you have not sent enough evidence to substantiate your claim.
Best personal example..... I remember being first attracted to my current wife/falling in love with her because she had different socks on each feet and I referred this to be that she was a non-conformist...different than everyone else. But if I dont have proof or pictures of this event, it most certainly didnt happen.

Remember that the Onus is upon you and your sponsor to satisfy that the marriage/common law application is genuine and continuing as well as that the principal applicant is not inadmissable. If you dont submit enough evidence and are non-chalant about the application, you WILL be refused ad there is almost nothing you can possibly do.

You are actually very right bk2001050, sorry if I offended your post which I didn't mean it in a negative way. All of us on this forum have different cases and circumstances but I do believe we are all here also for the same reason and that is to get our wives/husbands here so we can become families and carry on with our lives. We are all under a lot of stress and would just like for this to be over and share our experiences with other people who need our help or advice

bk2001050

Aug 14, 2016
Djl said:
You are actually very right bk2001050, sorry if I offended your post which I didn't mean it in a negative way. All of us on this forum have different cases and circumstances but I do believe we are all here also for the same reason and that is to get our wives/husbands here so we can become families and carry on with our lives. We are all under a lot of stress and would just like for this to be over and share our experiences with other people who need our help or advice
Hey Djl,
You have not offended or gone against my beliefs in any way. You are absolutely right, everyone is trying to sponsor their true loves and are under different/extenuating circumstances.......believe me I am in a similar situation and have studied the IRPA extensively as well as federal court cases and I can offer a lot of insight on the law and the Immigration and Refugee Protection act especially for spousal cases. My friend, you havent offended me in any way because in this blog everyone is in a very similar situation including me. Message me regarding what your application or case is and I can help most people with complications....including proof and evidence although I am not a lawyer.

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
bk2001050 said:

you are right, even I know people whose genuine marriage got rejected. those guy suffering a lot. appeal process is lengthy one.
atleast in appeal cases, they examine ur case from human perspect

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
bk2001050 said:
very good points, and this makes a lot of sense! i always wondered why they wanted names of the people in the photos if there's no way for them to verify the identities of each person.

Johny Bravo

Mar 29, 2015
Hello everyone.
I'm struggling with one subject cause I can't figure it out.
Would that be a problem if I want to marry mi girlfriend and sponsor her two months after I've got my PR? She is English and she lives in London UK, we've met here in Canada (she spent here one year) two years ago and we had long distance relationship for two years. We weren't engaged or anything when I applied for PR so I didn't include her.
I'm asking cause I found this on the CIC website:
"People who cannot be sponsored
You cannot be sponsored as a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner if:
- your sponsor applied for permanent residence but did not include you on their application as someone who should be examined.

Thank you

Thy

Aug 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
17-08-2016
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-09-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 21-09-2016 AOR2: 27-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
13-06-2017 (Queued 18-11-2016)
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2017
LANDED..........
14-07-2017
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum.

I just sent my application to CIC today and I was wondering when the website states "54 days" for the assessment of sponsor is it possible that it can take way less time than that or do we really have to count the full 54 days? Did any of you receive the approval in less than a month?

Thank you!

bk2001050

Aug 14, 2016
flx2015 said:
very good points, and this makes a lot of sense! i always wondered why they wanted names of the people in the photos if there's no way for them to verify the identities of each person.
@flx2015 They have no way of verifying anything at all since they dont have access to bank accounts or credit card companies or even Canada Revenue Agency to see if you are filing taxes together or separate. CIC officers are just Visa issuing officers that asses your application and issue the visa accordingly. They are not super detectives or some top secret government agency with access to facial recognition or tracking lol.

bk2001050

Aug 14, 2016
Thy said:
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum.

I just sent my application to CIC today and I was wondering when the website states "54 days" for the assessment of sponsor is it possible that it can take way less time than that or do we really have to count the full 54 days? Did any of you receive the approval in less than a month?

Thank you!
You must have applied outland. 54 days is the maximum amount of time it will take, they could take 30 days or even 10 if your application is clear and straightforward and there are no red flags. Best of luck!

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
Johny Bravo said:
Hello everyone.
I'm struggling with one subject cause I can't figure it out.
Would that be a problem if I want to marry mi girlfriend and sponsor her two months after I've got my PR? She is English and she lives in London UK, we've met here in Canada (she spent here one year) two years ago and we had long distance relationship for two years. We weren't engaged or anything when I applied for PR so I didn't include her.
I'm asking cause I found this on the CIC website:
"People who cannot be sponsored
You cannot be sponsored as a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner if:
- your sponsor applied for permanent residence but did not include you on their application as someone who should be examined.

Thank you
If you lived with her for 12 months or more continuously then this would apply to you as she would be your common law partner and should have been added to the app.

If she was just your gf then you did nothing wrong by not including her.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
bk2001050 said:
You must have applied outland. 54 days is the maximum amount of time it will take, they could take 30 days or even 10 if your application is clear and straightforward and there are no red flags. Best of luck!
54 days is the current average, not the maximum.

Thy

Aug 16, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
17-08-2016
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-09-2016
File Transfer...
SA: 21-09-2016 AOR2: 27-09-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
13-06-2017 (Queued 18-11-2016)
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2017
LANDED..........
14-07-2017
bk2001050 said:
Oh thank you! It's a relief to hear that! The eligibility criteria list to be a sponsor seemed quite simple and I felt 54 days to wait was way too long hehe!