Visa Office......
CIC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
March 17, 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 2015 (Up Front)
Today I got my opw. Valid for 2 years. Issued August 26,2015. Submitted the application June 18th. (2nd time)

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
dreematt said:
Today I got my opw. Valid for 2 years. Issued August 26,2015. Submitted the application June 18th. (2nd time)
Congrats! ;D

shaheen03

Sep 1, 2015
i recently got married now am preparing my file ,when it comes to communication proof i am putting whats up messages ,face books messages,phone records ,emails ,skype, is it enough ? i wanted to download whats up and facebooks messages i did that but those are thousands of pages ,can anybody tell me is there any way to reduce the number of pages even if i sit and delete some history still it will take lot of time time and same goes with face book messages ,please advise is there any thing which i am forgetting

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
shaheen03 said:
i recently got married now am preparing my file ,when it comes to communication proof i am putting whats up messages ,face books messages,phone records ,emails ,skype, is it enough ? i wanted to download whats up and facebooks messages i did that but those are thousands of pages ,can anybody tell me is there any way to reduce the number of pages even if i sit and delete some history still it will take lot of time time and same goes with face book messages ,please advise is there any thing which i am forgetting
How long is your relationship? Pick out a few examples from each year you were together. Do not send them thousands of pages, or even hundreds. ::)

Amalia.S

Jun 25, 2015
Ponga

Thank you so much for your reply. You have been very helpful.
The list of documents on the cic site that the sponsored person must present are among others:
"Passport

Passport pages showing the following information:

name,
date of birth,
issue and expiry dates,
the stamp made by a Canadian authority showing your most recent entry into Canada.
Format: Photocopies

Immigration document confirming your status in Canada

Examples:

visitor visa,
study permit,
work permit,
temporary resident permit (TRP),
document proving that you have legal status in Canada.

Format: Photocopies

Furthermore, i would like to ask about my criminal record. I issued my criminal record right before i came to Canada (from Greece) beginning of July. It is only valid for 3 months so it will be almost expired by the time i submit it with the application (even though i was in Canada the whole time since it was issued). Should i send it or issue a new one? And since we are one that topic, it would be extremely helpful if someone who has been through the process can list the documents they were asked to send after their initial application, it might save us some time.

Thank you again....

shaheen03

Sep 1, 2015
Thank you for a quick reply ,its june 2013 i got engaged and after that i came to canada , got married on may 6 2015 ,
Please correct me if i have to put anything else,i am putting emails ,whats up ,fb messages, skype pictures,engagement pictures ,wedding pictures ,honey moon pictures,marriage certificate, wedding cards, aeroplanes tickets and boarding cards plus stamp on my passport which shows the dates ,bills of the expenditures.

Can my wife apply for a visitor visa or work permit visa which ever is quick to get in the meantime because Pr will take almost 1 year

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
shaheen03 said:
Thank you for a quick reply ,its june 2013 i got engaged and after that i came to canada , got married on may 6 2015 ,
Please correct me if i have to put anything else,i am putting emails ,whats up ,fb messages, skype pictures,engagement pictures ,wedding pictures ,honey moon pictures,marriage certificate, wedding cards, aeroplanes tickets and boarding cards plus stamp on my passport which shows the dates ,bills of the expenditures.

Can my wife apply for a visitor visa or work permit visa which ever is quick to get in the meantime because Pr will take almost 1 year
All that stuff is good, follow the document checklists carefully. What country is your wife from?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amalia.S said:
Ponga

Thank you so much for your reply. You have been very helpful.
You're welcome!

Furthermore, i would like to ask about my criminal record. I issued my criminal record right before i came to Canada (from Greece) beginning of July. It is only valid for 3 months so it will be almost expired by the time i submit it with the application (even though i was in Canada the whole time since it was issued). Should i send it or issue a new one? And since we are one that topic, it would be extremely helpful if someone who has been through the process can list the documents they were asked to send after their initial application, it might save us some time.

CIC has changed the rules for PCC letters. They are now valid for more than 3 months. In your case, your PCC letter must be issued after you were last in that country, but it does not expire in 3 months.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp
For the country you currently live in, the police certificate must be issued no more than six months before you apply.

For countries where you have lived for six months or more, the police certificate must be issued after the last time you lived in that country.

Thank you again....

meinqulab19

Sep 1, 2015
Hi All,

I have applied for my Wife's Permanent Residency File in 2014, i have only one line in my online status that file received in November 02 2014, many of my friends have file in process they applied in december 2014.

does anyone have an Idea about which Month's file is in process.

Thank you

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
shaheen03 said:
i am sponsoring my wife but in the mean time can i apply a visitor visa or a work permit visa for her i am india
She can certainly try applying for a visitor visa. Unfortunately visitor visas are frequently refused for individuals with Canadian spouses. But by all means give it a try.

Since you are submitting an outland application - your wife does not qualify for an open work permit. If she wishes to apply for a work permit, she will first need to find an employer in Canada who is willing to offer her a full time job and that employer will then have to obtain an approved LMIA (before she can apply for a closed work permit).

hipster

Mar 10, 2015
Hi everyone, looking for a spot of help!

I am a Canadian currently doing a PhD in Ontario. I want to bring my son (who is a Canadian citizen) and my American gf (soon to be wife) to live with me in Canada. I plan to have her apply in Canada so she can also apply for the open work permit. I understand the basics of this but have a couple of questions...

1) How would we go about applying for Permanent Residency in Canada? Does she just apply while here as a visitor or does she have to apply for a visa before she can apply for PR?

2) When applying for PR and the open work permit how long does it normally take before you are granted the work permit?

3) Can she apply for PR and the work permit then return home and wait for the work permit to come through?

thanks!!

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
hipster said:
Hi everyone, looking for a spot of help!

I am a Canadian currently doing a PhD in Ontario. I want to bring my son (who is a Canadian citizen) and my American gf (soon to be wife) to live with me in Canada. I plan to have her apply in Canada so she can also apply for the open work permit. I understand the basics of this but have a couple of questions...

1) How would we go about applying for Permanent Residency in Canada? Does she just apply while here as a visitor or does she have to apply for a visa before she can apply for PR?

2) When applying for PR and the open work permit how long does it normally take before you are granted the work permit?

3) Can she apply for PR and the work permit then return home and wait for the work permit to come through?

thanks!!
I suggest reading the first post in this thread. Most Americans should apply outland not inland due to much faster processing times and travel ability. You can only get the work permit if you apply inland. Americans do not need visas to visit Canada. She can apply outland while living as a visitor in Canada. Leaving Canada while applying inland is generally not a good idea, though people have done it for short trips. If you stay out too long or don't get let back in for any reason your application is cancelled.

hipster

Mar 10, 2015
I understand about the processing time. If I remember right it is just under a year for outland and 2+ years for inland. The big problem is financial...if she applies outland she cannot apply for the open work permit. That means she cannot stay here for any length of time because she cannot afford to go 11 months without working. While I can provide food and shelter here I cannot afford to make her car payments and student loan payments.

Basically I prefer the inland permit because, with the work permit, it gives her the ability to live here faster than if she applied outland. Yes, the outland permit may result in faster permanent residency but the inland gives us a faster path to living together.

Now what about this leaving while your application is processed? Why would your application be terminated? What if she were travelling with me?

My plan was to have here apply here some time around thanks-giving after which she would return home until she got the work permit. Then I would drive down tot he US and bring her back.