+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
KelseyTVS said:
Sorry for any confusion, here is the U.S. Outland spreadsheet. If you scroll down you will see all the more recent applicants:
Thanks! When it says 'visa received' like, what is that visa? Is it not for PR?

scylla said:
Here's your first move: Fire your IC ASAP. Based on the things she's told you - she has absolutely no idea what she's doing and is providing bad advice. The stuff she has gotten wrong is "immigration 101". If she doesn't even know these basic facts - I'd hate to see what else she doesn't understand.

She's incompetent. Get rid of her.
She actually advised that we dont hire her, and do the package on our own then pay her to look it over. so. No worries there. Now Im even more confused though, eff.

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayrazar said:
Thanks! When it says 'visa received' like, what is that visa? Is it not for PR?
That visa means PR, the creator for the spreadsheet just used some confusing language. After you are approved for PR but before you get the physical PR card, you are issued a visa or COPR (confirmation of PR) and they mean "I am a PR but I don't have my card yet"

Your best bet for your application is probably to have him visit you, get married, and apply outland. Then either you can live together in Canada with him as a visitor and try to support him, or he could go back to the USA to work and you'd have to do 8-10 months more long distance. Both aren't thrilling options, but it's probably what most people on here will recommend.

ayrazar

Jul 2, 2015
KelseyTVS said:
That visa means PR, the creator for the spreadsheet just used some confusing language. After you are approved for PR but before you get the physical PR card, you are issued a visa or COPR (confirmation of PR) and they mean "I am a PR but I don't have my card yet"
Gotcha, thanks! You're all ridiculously helpful.

Okay, so my options are A) Apply outland and don't get to live together until October 2016 or so (as we are getting married in Dec 2015), or B) Apply inland and possibly dont get the work visa depending on if the project gets renewed or not.
Correct?
Would anyone be annoyed if I made my own thread about this? I really don't know what to do, now. I could use probably a lot of advice :/

KelseyTVS

Jun 18, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ayrazar said:
Gotcha, thanks! You're all ridiculously helpful.

Okay, so my options are A) Apply outland and don't get to live together until October 2016 or so (as we are getting married in Dec 2015), or B) Apply inland and possibly dont get the work visa depending on if the project gets renewed or not.
Correct?
Pretty much. With outland he could still live with you, he just can't work. So if he needs to work and you choose outland, then yes he will have to stay in the States until the application is approved.

You're welcome to make your own thread. Lots of people reply to new threads instead of checking this one for questions so you'd probably get plenty of input from others!

debt

Jan 27, 2014
Be VERY careful of Cubans

Just be very careful, before you sponsor to someone. It's beyond scary what people can lie about. I went through all the sponsorship paperwork (I did all of it), I believed he loved me and that his family also cared about me.
A few years ago I was trying to deal with my depression, who knows when or why it started. Now I have realized he took advantage of some bad situations in my life and m depression (which. Was honest about). Now, and for the last couple of months I have had to face the reality that I was scammed... Something I never thought would happen. I thought I had experienced enough '*censored word*', that I wouldn't be 'taken' again.
I was wrong, for 2 yrs., ******* - total took advantage of my depression (diagnosis & on meds) and my desire to make the world a better place after my you get brother committed suicide. I told him (never anyone else) about the pain I felt and what I went though cleaning his house (paid for by my mom - I felt like I had no other choice, my sister had cleaned up after his first attempt).
I tried; I met his family, I tried t do research about Cuba (not the easiest thing).
He managed to sneak int Canada on May 3rd - my first day on months where I wasn't dealing with anxiety - I was caught off guard by a 42. second phone call from Immigration at Pearson in Toronto. My responses should have raised red flags - I have been suffering (only someone diagnosed with depression could understand).
I will never I detest and wha I did wrong? I was honest, from the beginning, of who. Was and what I wanted.
Now I wait for CBSA & CIC to fix things....
Hindsight is 20/20 - I thought I asked the right questions, brought up uncomfortable but important topics...
I was scammed, and shocked... I never thought he would have been allowed in Can. without me being there.
Now, all I can do is pray... WTF

Sarim

Aug 13, 2014
Canada
Visa Office......
London... Resident United Arab Emirates... National Pakistan...
App. Filed.......
02, June 2015
AOR Received.
09, July 2015... AOR2 10, Aug 2015
File Transfer...
29, July 2015... In Process 6, Aug 2015
Med's Request
Upfront 23, May 2015
Interview........
Waived... Decision Made 12, Nov 2015
Passport Req..
24, Nov 2015... Passport Sent 1, Dec 2015
VISA ISSUED...
09, Dec 2015... PP & COPR rcvd 16, Dec 2015
LANDED..........
19, May 2016
btw a question came in my mind... AOR will receive on my email as i am spouse or on my wife's email she is sponsor??? :O

Souricette

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Lima
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2015
AOR Received.
31-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-06-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2015
LANDED..........
26-12-2015
Re: Be VERY careful of Cubans

debt said:
Just be very careful, before you sponsor to someone. It's beyond scary what people can lie about. I went through all the sponsorship paperwork (I did all of it), I believed he loved me and that his family also cared about me.
A few years ago I was trying to deal with my depression, who knows when or why it started. Now I have realized he took advantage of some bad situations in my life and m depression (which. Was honest about). Now, and for the last couple of months I have had to face the reality that I was scammed... Something I never thought would happen. I thought I had experienced enough '*censored word*', that I wouldn't be 'taken' again.
I was wrong, for 2 yrs., *** - total took advantage of my depression (diagnosis & on meds) and my desire to make the world a better place after my you get brother committed suicide. I told him (never anyone else) about the pain I felt and what I went though cleaning his house (paid for by my mom - I felt like I had no other choice, my sister had cleaned up after his first attempt).
I tried; I met his family, I tried t do research about Cuba (not the easiest thing).
He managed to sneak int Canada on May 3rd - my first day on months where I wasn't dealing with anxiety - I was caught off guard by a 42. second phone call from Immigration at Pearson in Toronto. My responses should have raised red flags - I have been suffering (only someone diagnosed with depression could understand).
I will never I detest and wha I did wrong? I was honest, from the beginning, of who. Was and what I wanted.
Now I wait for CBSA & CIC to fix things....
Hindsight is 20/20 - I thought I asked the right questions, brought up uncomfortable but important topics...
I was scammed, and shocked... I never thought he would have been allowed in Can. without me being there.
Now, all I can do is pray... WTF
I am very sorry for the situation that you are living. It is certainly really hard to deal with. Some persons are criminals, doesnt matter where they come from. Be strong

Aftrmidnyt

Jul 2, 2015
canuck_in_uk said:
It is perfectly fine to apply outland and use her Canadian address. There is no need to list a Thai address. Your wife can continue to extend her visitor status in Canada while an outland app processes
Thank you Canuck in UK,

That is good news and will will be the way we proceed.

A big Thank you to ALL of the folks that share their knowledge with this often confusing maze of documentation and information gathering.

Your time and efforts are greatly appreciated by many.

Cheers,

Aft.

canadavisa2116

Jul 6, 2015
Hello ALL,

I am Canadian citizen about to get married to a international student.
She is born and raised in India. She is currently on study permit and will be applying for 1 year OWP.

Two options I have to sponsor her -

Inland Application -
If i were to sponsor her in Inland application, can she leave country and come back, considering she has an OWP?

Outland Application -

Does the centre has to be from her country of nationality i.e. India.
Can i apply from USA (buffalo), as she would be in Canada with me if called for an interview?

Outland application will be faster, so I am more inclined to it.
If any of you have experienced similar situation please advice on best approach.

Thanks in Advance!

Jab316

Jul 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2015
AOR Received.
Sep 24, 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 23, 2015
Med's Request
Up-front
Med's Done....
Jul 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 28, 2016
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to sponsor my wife and I just came across this on the checklist (imm 3911):

For any family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, send a photocopy of their:

Citizenship certificate,
Permanent resident card,
Record of landing or confirmation of perminant residence or
Immigrant visa

I only have the following:
Citizenship card (old from early 2000's)
BC drivers lisense
Canadian Passport

Do I have the proper documents or should I start applying for those?

Thanks!

Majromax

Nov 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-21
AOR Received.
2015-01-11 [Inland AOR rec'd 2014-11-19, corrected]
File Transfer...
2015-01-20 [CSQ applied Feb 9, issued Feb 19]
Passport Req..
[IP: 2015-06-10; DM: 2015-06-30]
VISA ISSUED...
2015-07-20
LANDED..........
2015-07-27
Sarim said:
btw a question came in my mind... AOR will receive on my email as i am spouse or on my wife's email she is sponsor??? :O
The sponsor will receive all communication from Mississauga, which handles the "is the sponsor eligible?" part of the process. As I understand it, after that the applicant will receive any communication from the visa office itself, which handles the "application for permanent residency" part of the process.

canadavisa2116 said:
If i were to sponsor her in Inland application, can she leave country and come back, considering she has an OWP?
Open work permits do not themselves guarantee re-entry. Those that are not visa-exempt will need to still apply for and receive the appropriate travel permit, and issuing it is likely but not guaranteed.

Outland Application -[/b]
Does the centre has to be from her country of nationality i.e. India.
Can i apply from USA (buffalo), as she would be in Canada with me if called for an interview?
Buffalo no longer processes anything -- the office was closed. There is a chance that an outland application would be processed at CPC-Ottawa because your to-be spouse is already resident in Canada, but the application may still be transferred abroad.

canadavisa2116

Jul 6, 2015
Majromax said:
The sponsor will receive all communication from Mississauga, which handles the "is the sponsor eligible?" part of the process. As I understand it, after that the applicant will receive any communication from the visa office itself, which handles the "application for permanent residency" part of the process.

Open work permits do not themselves guarantee re-entry. Those that are not visa-exempt will need to still apply for and receive the appropriate travel permit, and issuing it is likely but not guaranteed.

Buffalo no longer processes anything -- the office was closed. There is a chance that an outland application would be processed at CPC-Ottawa because your to-be spouse is already resident in Canada, but the application may still be transferred abroad.
Thanks for your prompt response.
So with this i can rule out inland application. I don't want to have any risk on re-entry, as she will have travel plans for abroad.
For outland, If not buffalo, can I give NY for her application, for 2 reasons.
1) Processing in USA should be faster than India,
2) If called for an interview, she doesn't have to travel half way around the globe.

Questions -
Can outland application be processed from within Canada, as you mentioned from CPC-Ottawa,
Is it faster than processing from India?

Thanks again in Advance!

Carina.rsm

Jul 6, 2015
Hi everyone,
I wanted to first say this is a wonderfully rich resource and I am grateful to all the generous people who are on here sharing their expertise and providing knowledge and guidance to those who have questions and possibly no where else to turn during a complicated and difficult time in their lives.

I would like to ask for some guidance regarding spousal sponsorship.

I am a Canadian citizen and my partner and I are planning to get married on August 1. He arrived as an international student and is currently on a post-graduate work permit that expires in November 2015. I am eligible to sponsor him through the family sponsorship option. The processing time is quite long for applicants and sponsors who reside in Canada. I would like to know if he will be able to stay in Canada while the application is in progress or will he need to leave the country until the full application is approved (26 months)?
Secondly, since he will be applying for PR at the same time, does that process begin once the sponsorship application is approved, i.e. AFTER 26 months?

If he will be eligible to stay once we are married and I have applied to sponsor him, what is the process for this? i.e. is there is a new visa to apply for to entitle him to stay post November 2015? NB: He would like to continue working while he continues to stay in Canada.

Thank you in advance for your help!

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
Just read back a number of pages. Am sure it's been repeated several times. Always read something to help with your decisions.

badestmus

Jul 6, 2015
Please I just receive this email. All I need to know is that I send them my police certificate ending of April but now they are asking for me to send it again. Please I want to know if I should go get another police certificate and send to them?
Please I need help asap

YOUR IMMIGRANT VISA(S) APPEAR(S) READY TO BE ISSUED, IF THERE HAS BEEN NO CHANGE IN YOUR FAMILY CONFIGURATION. IF THERE HAVE BEEN ANY CHANGES, PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE BEFORE PROCEEDING.

PASSPORT(S)