Jul 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 28, 2016
Hello everyone,

Back in 1998, my parents and I (age 10) legally immigrated to Canada from Iran. Couple of short years later I became a Canadian Citizen and have been living in Vancouver ever since. As I grew older, I finished my studies, found a great job and started living an comfortable life.
About nine months ago, my aunt introduced me to this girl who's a distant family member and lives in Iran. We chatted for months, spoke over the phone and met in person; I was confident that I had found the girl that I had always hoped for. Last month we got married in Iran and just a couple of days ago I returned to Canada by myself.

At this point, I'm at the beginning stages of sponsoring her as my spouse. From what I can tell, there are two sets of forms, Sponsorship forms which are meant to be filled by me (IMM1344E) and immigration forms which are for my wife to fill (IMM0008ENU_2D). My wife also has to provide official English translated documents, medical results and police certificate.

There's one thing that I'm not certain about and I'm hoping that you folks may have an answer. After we both fill the forms and gather the documents, who's sending the complete package and where are we sending it to?

A. Does my wife have to send her filled forms and documents directly to me and then I'll put together a complete package and send it to the Canadian Immigration Office? (in Canada?)
B. Do I have to send my filled in forms to my wife and then she'll have to send the complete package to the Canadian embassy in Turkey?
C. Can I submit my own forms and documents ahead of time or does it have to be part of a complete package? (Wife's medical / Police certificate can take several weeks)

I would greatly appreciate it if you could clear that up for me. Thanks a million

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
nubee said:
Hi everyone,

I am a new member of this group and posting first time here.

I am a PR (citizenship in process). My fiance lives in India and we are planning on getting married in August 2015. We met thru family and this is an arranged marriage. We are planning for a court marriage first as there is no "muhurat (auspicious date and time)" per Indian traditions, in August. From the experience of members, Is court marriage accepted in delhi VO? Or do we need to have a traditional marriage?

I was planning for a traditional marriage at a muhurat date in November 2015. However as didn't want to delay the visa process so planning for a court marriage earlier. Is it ok to do this way? Please share your experience and point me in a right direction.

Thanks a lot for your help in anticipation. Please correct me if I am not on the right thread. [/shadow]
While not ideal, it should be fine but I would be certain to provide as much proof of the relationship as possible and be sure to explain just as you've done here

bigredmoose

Dec 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, AUS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-2014
AOR Received.
24-12-2014
File Transfer...
06-01-2015
Med's Done....
07-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
31/03/2015
VISA ISSUED...
27/04/2015 (COPR)
LANDED..........
08/07/2015
Jab316 said:
A. Does my wife have to send her filled forms and documents directly to me and then I'll put together a complete package and send it to the Canadian Immigration Office? (in Canada?)
B. Do I have to send my filled in forms to my wife and then she'll have to send the complete package to the Canadian embassy in Turkey?
C. Can I submit my own forms and documents ahead of time or does it have to be part of a complete package? (Wife's medical / Police certificate can take several weeks)

I would greatly appreciate it if you could clear that up for me. Thanks a million
A)yes
B)no
C)no - you want to send a complete package. Getting parts of it in will only add to your processing time and they might just return it and ask you to resubmit when it's complete.

The most important thing is to read, several times, the guide for the region your wife lives in.

Jab316

Jul 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara, Turkey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 14, 2015
AOR Received.
Sep 24, 2015
File Transfer...
Oct 23, 2015
Med's Request
Up-front
Med's Done....
Jul 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Nov 19, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 8, 2015
LANDED..........
Jan 28, 2016
Thank you for the quick response bigredmoose.

Excellent! I'll ask my wife to fill, date and sign her forms, gather every document that's been requested by the 'IMM 3911E (08-2014)' guide and send them directly to me. Then I'll put together a complete package with my own forms and documents and send everything to the CIC offices in Mississauga.

Thanks again!

TomorrowLand

Jun 24, 2015
Passport request letter: ???

My wife lives in the Dominican now. When she receives her Passport request letter...

Does she have to mail her passport in ?
If so what office ??
In Santa Domingo or Canada?
And what is the mailing address?

or

Can she go in person if the office is in Santa Domingo?

preeti2072

May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2015
AOR Received.
22-05-2015
File Transfer...
01-07-2015
Med's Request
Re-medical Request on 25-4-2016 & again on 10/6/16 full med
Med's Done....
30-03-2015
Passport Req..
22 june 2016
hi everyone
last week i have received mail from Delhi immigration that they have received my file from canada.
now what next????
how long i have to wait for their next mail and what is next step?????

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
preeti2072 said:
hi everyone
last week i have received mail from Delhi immigration that they have received my file from canada.
now what next????
how long i have to wait for their next mail and what is next step?????
Join the Delhi thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-delhi-2015-spousal-visa-applicants-t258676.540.html

harjand

Jul 5, 2015
Hello everyone I have big problem,
I wanted to apply for spousal sponsorship and everything was ready so I wanted to start filling the forms yesterday but I faced a big problem and a new rule, from june 10, 2015 CIC won't accept proxy marriage and I'm already married by proxy marriage on June 30 and there no ways to change it to the regular marriage and I had the problem to go to my country because of military service so there was any other solutions than proxy marriage for me and now I see that they don't accept that. So I don't know what to do I'm really stuck. does anyone know any solution or had the same problem? what should I do please help me.

Proxy marriage means:
Proxy marriage is defined as a marriage in which one or both of the participants are not physically present and are represented by another person at the solemnization of the marriage. A telephone, fax, or internet marriage is a marriage in which one or both of the participants are not physically present at the same location, but participate at the solemnization of the marriage by telephone, fax, Internet or other means (e.g. Skype or FaceTime). It is possible that someone other than those getting married participates on their behalf as well as over the telephone, by fax, Internet or other means. (From CIC website)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
harjand said:
Hello everyone I have big problem,
I wanted to apply for spousal sponsorship and everything was ready so I wanted to start filling the forms yesterday but I faced a big problem and a new rule, from june 10, 2015 CIC won't accept proxy marriage and I'm already married by proxy marriage on June 30 and there no ways to change it to the regular marriage and I had the problem to go to my country because of military service so there was any other solutions than proxy marriage for me and now I see that they don't accept that. So I don't know what to do I'm really stuck. does anyone know any solution or had the same problem? what should I do please help me.
You will have to get remarried in a regular / non-proxy (i.e. in person) marriage ceremony. Alternatively you will have to physically live with your spouse for a year to qualify to sponsor your spouse as a common law partner. These are the two choices you have to move forward with the sponsorship application.

nubee

Star Member
Apr 30, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you :)

I am in a dilemma as it's just a matter of around 4 months. What has been the experience of members here? Do you think I should better wait 4 months and do it altogether?

I'd definitely explain but would prefer to avoid back n forth documentation with CIC ;)

bigredmoose said:
While not ideal, it should be fine but I would be certain to provide as much proof of the relationship as possible and be sure to explain just as you've done here

girturtle

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-06-2015
File Transfer...
27-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
Hello everyone! First time posting here.

So I am an U.S. citizen and my husband is a Canadian citizen living in Ontario. We sent in all of our paperwork on May 22nd and it arrived in Mississauga on May 25th. We applied as outland. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it took them to get PR from my area. The website says 35 months after he is approved for sponsorship. That seems like such a long time, is it really the case our have people been accepted earlier than that?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
girturtle said:
Hello everyone! First time posting here.

So I am an U.S. citizen and my husband is a Canadian citizen living in Ontario. We sent in all of our paperwork on May 22nd and it arrived in Mississauga on May 25th. We applied as outland. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how long it took them to get PR from my area. The website says 35 months after he is approved for sponsorship. That seems like such a long time, is it really the case our have people been accepted earlier than that?

Thanks
US applications are almost all processed through Ottawa. I believe processing times are around 8-10 months as of now. Look for the Ottawa visa office thread for more info about average processing times today.

girturtle

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
26-06-2015
File Transfer...
27-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-10-2014
scylla said:
US applications are almost all processed through Ottawa. I believe processing times are around 8-10 months as of now. Look for the Ottawa visa office thread for more info about average processing times today.
Thank you for the fast reply!

8-10 months is WAY better than 35 months!

Aftrmidnyt

Jul 2, 2015
Majromax said:
This applies to applicants who use the in-Canada sponsorship process. This track requires the applicant to cohabit with the sponsor in Canada, which is obviously not possible if the applicant leaves Canada and is denied re-entry. The outland process carries no such requirement, and it is generally faster -- most forum-users here would recommend it if it is possible.
Thank you for the reply Majromax,
My wife is here (Canada) with me now and this is why I am leaning towards an inland application "after" we return to Canada in January from our visit back to Thailand.
I understand that her application would likely be processed faster as an outland, but our intention is that we remain in Canada together.
Applying outland using our Thai address (still have a home there) while living in Canada seems like it would be complicating things and I would like everything above board.
Does the extension to her present visa make sense?
Thank you again for your reply Majromax.

Good luck to all with their quest for Permanent Residency.
Welcome to Canada and Belated Happy Canada Day,
Cheers,
Aft