Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
a2m0i0n5 said:
Hello,
I am a Canadian citizen living in Quebec. I met my fiance about a year ago and we are getting married on July 15th.
I had two questions regarding her becoming a permanent resident.
first of all she is here as a student and has a study permit, so if we apply inland for her PR application, can't she leave Canada for vacations? Since she already has a study permit visa on her passport.
Second she has requested for police clearance from the Iranian embassy in the US and they have told her that it would take them 3 to 6 months to send her the police clearance. So in order to expedite the application process can we send the documents without the police clearance and provide them with the clearance after we receive it?

Thanks
depending on where your girlfriend is from, it can potentially be quicker to apply outland, which she can do while being in canada as a student i believe. if she applies inland, the concern is not being able to leave, the concern is getting denied entry back into canada. If the person is denied entry, then the application is cancelled and there is no way to appeal.

However, if her home country's visa office has a longer processing time, then it may be in her best interest to apply inland. Since she's a student and has a visa, she is probably at low risk at being denied entry as long as she's enrolled in school.

it is ok to send in the application without the police record. keep in mind, when cic does requet it (Which usually happens in the sponsorship approval letter), they will give a specific amount of time to get it to them. so apply for it asap so you don't run into any issues down the road! good luck!

LilianaPyon

Jul 6, 2014
Good afternoon. I am a Canadian resident but I'm living outside Canada. I met my boyfriend almost 3 years ago and we are planning to get married soon. After getting married, I am planning to go for goods to Canada to maintain my resident statue. Im planning to sponsor him and I want to do it in the outland way. In step 2, is he able to apply while he is in Canada? I thought that all the paper work should be submitted in his country. is he able to submit it in Canada? I want him to go with me when i leave his country. He will travel as a visitor with a temporary resident visa and i want to make sure that he is only going to need to go back for an interview in case that the embassy needs it. I hope you can help me. Thank you very much.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
LilianaPyon said:
Good afternoon. I am a Canadian resident but I'm living outside Canada. I met my boyfriend almost 3 years ago and we are planning to get married soon. After getting married, I am planning to go for goods to Canada to maintain my resident statue. Im planning to sponsor him and I want to do it in the outland way. In step 2, is he able to apply while he is in Canada? I thought that all the paper work should be submitted in his country. is he able to submit it in Canada? I want him to go with me when i leave his country. He will travel as a visitor with a temporary resident visa and i want to make sure that he is only going to need to go back for an interview in case that the embassy needs it. I hope you can help me. Thank you very much.
In order to apply via the Inland ("spouse/partner in Canada") class he must be in Canada. In order to apply via the Outland route he can be anywhere, including inside Canada.

All applications are submitted to Mississauga. CIC hasn't permitted applying directly to an overseas office in many years. You complete your part (sponsorship) and he complete's his part (applicant) and you submit the entire thing together to Mississauga. That is true for Inland or Outland (though different addresses in Mississauga). Outland applications are then forwarded (after sponsor approval) to a visa office outside Canada.

maronvomra

Star Member
Mar 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
SVO received PP 17-Mar-2014, DM on Apr-12, 2014
May be you guys already know this but I just came to know from a friend of mine who is preparing his application to sponsor his wife.
All his skype chat logs are missing just have logs from last 7 days. So he got in touch with Skype Tech assistant and that guy said they are gradually removing that option of collecting logs since last 1 year from Skype to just last 7 days.

So those who are in process of collecting logs from Skype as a evidence of your relationship better save it now. Better safe then sorry.

P.S. I dont have any official declaration of this so I asked my friend to get in touch with their tech support again and find out if there is any official declaration/annoucement/newsletter from skype proving this. Will let all know if any update or update if you guys have more insight on this.

Thanks.

lynnie24

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Vegreville Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sept. 2013
Doc's Request.
29, Oct. 2014
AOR Received.
03 October 2013
File Transfer...
21 October 2013
Med's Request
REMED 17 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
That is true if your using skype chats they will certainly removed the longer dates of your chats....me and my hubby just use skype for talking..but use fb for chats so we still have all the copy of our conversations.

krismond07

Jul 3, 2014
guys after few days of decision made i cant no longer check my status online:(( i already sent my passport to the embassy

TIMELINE
we received your application for PR on august 19 2014
we started processing your application on june 26 2014
medical result have been received
a decision has been made on your application. the office will contact concerning this decision

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
After 45 months Alhamdulillah, Alhamdulillah Alhamdulillah my husband got approved for Immigration they took his Pass Port sent paper for new medical and we will be returning to Canada in 2 weeks to 2 months. I thank Allah a million times and may he bless everyone in this forum with the same blessing as us In Sha Allah. This will be the happiest Ramadan in our lives In Sha Allah

LilianaPyon

Jul 6, 2014
computergeek said:
In order to apply via the Inland ("spouse/partner in Canada") class he must be in Canada. In order to apply via the Outland route he can be anywhere, including inside Canada.

All applications are submitted to Mississauga. CIC hasn't permitted applying directly to an overseas office in many years. You complete your part (sponsorship) and he complete's his part (applicant) and you submit the entire thing together to Mississauga. That is true for Inland or Outland (though different addresses in Mississauga). Outland applications are then forwarded (after sponsor approval) to a visa office outside Canada.
thank you computer geek!

Lavenderblue

Jul 7, 2014
My husband and I got married in April and sent in our forms in May. I was born in Canada and I am sponsoring him. He is in Canada on a student Visa which expires at the end of September.

What happens to him if we don't hear back from them by September?

Please help!

Thanks!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Lavenderblue said:
My husband and I got married in April and sent in our forms in May. I was born in Canada and I am sponsoring him. He is in Canada on a student Visa which expires at the end of September.

What happens to him if we don't hear back from them by September?

Please help!

Thanks!
did you apply inland or outland?

if you applied outland, more likely than not the process will take longer than an end date of september (of course this is dependant on which visa office the application is sent to). In this case, your husband would need to extend his status as a VISITOR for the duration of the process, which can be done online at least 30 days prior to his current visa expiring. If he fails to do this, he had 90 days from the date his visa expires to apply for restoration of status, and then change his status to a visitor. Generally, PR applicants request a 12 month extension, and are rarely denied. He will not be able to work while maintaining visitor status.

If you applied inland, it's currently averaging 4 months before CIC acknowledges the receipt of the package. If an open work permit was submitted with your husband's applicaiton, then he will have implied status until the OWP is processed. He would not need to switch his status to visitor in this case. OWP for inland applicants are taking about 11 months to process.

Either way, there's a small chance your application will be nearing the end by september. The only visa offices that seem to have 3-4 month turnarounds are Syndey or Paris. So if the application is sent there, then perhaps nothing will need to be done.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Lavenderblue said:
Thanks, we applied inland and sent in the work permit as well. So I guess we just wait for the AOR?
yes. in that case, your husband would have implied status after his student visa expires. at that time, he will not be able to work or study unless he has a valid permit to do so.

commonlawsponsor

May 29, 2013
Berlin
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-03-2014
File Transfer...
10-03-2014
Med's Done....
21-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-09-2014
LANDED..........
Will land 27-11-2014
krismond07 said:
guys after few days of decision made i cant no longer check my status online:(( i already sent my passport to the embassy

TIMELINE
we received your application for PR on august 19 2014
we started processing your application on june 26 2014
medical result have been received
a decision has been made on your application. the office will contact concerning this decision
They were doing some maintenance on the website recently and a lot of people are having trouble logging on to ECAS. I wouldn't worry.