Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
prazeresga said:
HELLO, MY NAME IS GEORGIA, I'M STARTING MY IMMIGRATION PROCESS TO MANITOBA, BUM I'M APPLYING AS A SINGLE. I LIVE WITH MY BOYFRIEND 5 YEARS AGO AND WE WERE DATING 13 YEARS. AND WE HAVE A BABY CALLED vALENTINA, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THERE IS A PERSON HERE THAT APPLIED FOR A PR AS A SINGLE, BUT HAVE FAMILY (NOT MARRIED, JUST LIVING TOGETHER) AND WILL SPONSOR AFTER ARRIVING IN CANADA? CAN YOU TELL YOUR EXPERIENCES?
If you apply as being a single individual when in fact you are in a qualifying relationship, the other person (e.g., your "common law partner" or your child) that is not included in the applications is no longer considered to be a family member for immigration purposes (IRPR Section 117(9)(d)). I recently had to explain to someone who "didn't want more delay" that the child that was born just before he landed could never be sponsored. His best option was to surrender his PR and reapply.

Do not omit your partner or children. This is one of the most stringently enforced clauses in Canadian immigration law and I've read over a dozen appeals in these cases and only ONE rejection was overturned - and that was by a Federal Court after an H&C application refusal. The father didn't even know of the existence of the child and when he found out he immediately started establishing contact, providing financial support, visiting, etc. So even after waiting 3 years for H&C and being refused, he then had to wait another year for a trip to Federal Court - all so he could go BACK to CIC and wait another year or more for them to review the application again.

Nope. Definitely not worth it.

sjenkins

Mar 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
AOR Received.
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
28-02-2014
Passport Req..
22-09-2014
Is anyone else a Canadian citizen currently living abroad with their partner? I am curious as to how to proved your intention to return. I am planning on going to school to get my masters but obviously could not apply yet since we are unsure when we will be able to come back, so I submitted some print outs of the program I wish to attend and some print outs of jobs my partner has been researching. I also have a letter from my parents saying we are welcome to stay with them if necessary when we arrive. Do you think that is enough? It's so difficult without knowing when you'll be going back!

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hi guys - I posted this same question to another thread of topic, hoping this forum might have also an idea/suggestion. Thanks.

I have another questions please.

London finally asked for my husband copy of passport in May which I sent. Now they are asking for my husband to attend an interview to determined his eligibility. Now they know that we have been married for 20years and with children. He has a sister in Canada and he was there before. We even got married in Canada in 1991.

Now my questions are: 1) why are they asking for an interview after asking for the copy of his passport and we gave them evidence of 20years relationship with children.
2) is this situation happened before with anybody in this forum.
3) what do you guys think the questions would be

Little background:
Husband lived in Canada but overstayed and was asked to leave which he did (yes we lived together.
Came back a months later to marry me.
He went back to England and a followed him and now living in England eversince.
Myself and our children are dual citizens Canadian and British.

So, what in the world this means? Please can anybody give me an idea? I am getting really stress, this all too much as we started Feb 2012. This is getting tooo long. I want to go back home but not without him.

Thank you

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
qtazngal said:
Now my questions are: 1) why are they asking for an interview after asking for the copy of his passport and we gave them evidence of 20years relationship with children.
This could be unrelated to the legitimacy of the relationship. It is also possible that he was the lucky person to be pulled for a verification interview (they do that - just pull random people for an interview in order to ensure the process is working properly). The only way to tell prior to the interview is to order a copy of his case notes via the ATIP process.

Since there is a scheduled date, I would suggest that you copy both the electronic case notes and the physical file. Sometimes things are written on the physical documents that are not in the electronic case notes.

If you are not aware how to order a copy of your notes, look at the "Access to Information and Privacy Act" section on the CIC website. Because he is not in Canada, either someone in Canada or you (because you are a Canadian citizen) need to order them on his behalf. There is a $5 per request fee. It generally takes 30 days though physical file orders can require longer. The results are sent via e-mail as a PDF normally.

The electronic case notes should (at the end) describe why an interview was requested (they are in reverse chronological order so I usually start reading from the end of that section backwards until I get to the most recent notes.)

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
computergeek said:
This could be unrelated to the legitimacy of the relationship. It is also possible that he was the lucky person to be pulled for a verification interview (they do that - just pull random people for an interview in order to ensure the process is working properly). The only way to tell prior to the interview is to order a copy of his case notes via the ATIP process.

Since there is a scheduled date, I would suggest that you copy both the electronic case notes and the physical file. Sometimes things are written on the physical documents that are not in the electronic case notes.

If you are not aware how to order a copy of your notes, look at the "Access to Information and Privacy Act" section on the CIC website. Because he is not in Canada, either someone in Canada or you (because you are a Canadian citizen) need to order them on his behalf. There is a $5 per request fee. It generally takes 30 days though physical file orders can require longer. The results are sent via e-mail as a PDF normally.

The electronic case notes should (at the end) describe why an interview was requested (they are in reverse chronological order so I usually start reading from the end of that section backwards until I get to the most recent notes.)
Hi Computergeek

Thank you for your answer. I believe by ordering these docs it would be too late coz the interview is scheduled for 9 July, slightly more than 2wks from today.

I really dont know if you say that he is lucky enough to get called for this verification interview coz they asked to bring his previous expired passports and recent passport, 2 photo ID and other original documents such as docs regarding his departure from canada and evidence providing date he left canada if possible. Heck that was in 1991 when he left Canada, how the heck are we ever going to find these docs. If they think that this relationship is not genuine well, why are we still married with 2 children for more than 20years of marriage.

I really dont understand them? I am really getting stress out with this. This is beyond joke now. Cant move on, not sure of the future now. Sometimes I feel just abandoning this crap.

Sorry guys bit of rant and rave here. Thanks

January2014

Jun 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 22,2014
AOR Received.
January 27,2014
File Transfer...
June 21,2014(sponsor's approved)
Med's Request
N/a
Med's Done....
December 9,2013
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
Aug.7, 2014 / passport received Aug.11,2014 representative beronia
VISA ISSUED...
Inprocess oct.9,2014/ DM nov.3 / visa nov.13 :)
LANDED..........
Amen!
Hasan9999 said:
Have you received sponsorship approval?
We received email for AOR.with application number and uci.dated january 27 2014.

tinacraigg

Nov 16, 2013
nova scotia, canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Jan 22, 2016
Hello everyone!

I sent my PR application last april 2014, made my medical this june 2014. My question is, is my husband getting the PR status as soon as I get mine since he is included in , y application as accompanying spouse? And if yes, how is he going to get his PR card if he is not here in Canada? Thank you in advance!

DJC_06

Oct 30, 2013
Japan
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-2014
Med's Done....
Received.
sjenkins said:
Is anyone else a Canadian citizen currently living abroad with their partner?
I'm in the same situation. Going to TO for my MA. I have already sent my application, but I did the following:

- Included multiple e-mails from friends/family saying I could live with them until I found my own place, complete with addresses and contact information.
- A copy of my acceptance letter from the school (I realize you haven't applied yet. Perhaps consider sending a copy of the form saying you have paid the application fee at least.)
- Sample apartment listings.
- Sample job postings.
- Bank Statements proving you have enough money to support yourself. This is the most important thing in my opinion. You have to show them that you're not going to be a liability. Get a hold of pdfs stating your account balances, investments, etc.

I don't think they will take your word for it that you're going to be entering an MA program. Even if you're MA material, they don't know enough about you to confirm that, nor is you getting in a 100% certain fact. You have to cover yourself for all "what if" situations as best you can for this question.

January2014

Jun 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 22,2014
AOR Received.
January 27,2014
File Transfer...
June 21,2014(sponsor's approved)
Med's Request
N/a
Med's Done....
December 9,2013
Interview........
N/a
Passport Req..
Aug.7, 2014 / passport received Aug.11,2014 representative beronia
VISA ISSUED...
Inprocess oct.9,2014/ DM nov.3 / visa nov.13 :)
LANDED..........
Amen!
Hasan9999 said:
Have you received sponsorship approval?
No :( only AOR .

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
sjenkins said:
Is anyone else a Canadian citizen currently living abroad with their partner? I am curious as to how to proved your intention to return. I am planning on going to school to get my masters but obviously could not apply yet since we are unsure when we will be able to come back, so I submitted some print outs of the program I wish to attend and some print outs of jobs my partner has been researching. I also have a letter from my parents saying we are welcome to stay with them if necessary when we arrive. Do you think that is enough? It's so difficult without knowing when you'll be going back!
I was in that situation, my husband is Brazilian. I wasn't returning here to study tho, we returned with the purpose of raising our family here. So, my husband and I decided to apply inland (looking back, it may have been faster to apply outland, but it is what it is). My question to you is: Is your partner a foreigner? Will you be sponsoring them? Or will they be able to get a work permit thru some program? That is what you need to look at... as for letters from family etc. all of that is great as long as you have a long term plan as to how to support yourselves. In our case, my husband cannot work until he gets his OWP. We came with no money but my parents have an apt where we are living and I am now working full time. And look at applying outland.. Maybe by the time you're ready to come back, you may already have the visa for your partner.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
I have a few questions about which forms my wife and I need to fill out. I am Canadian and she is Mexican. We have no kids. Does she have to fill out the IMM0008 additional dependants form? I think there are no dependants only the 2 of us. Also the IMM5406 about additional family members. Is it necessary to fill out since only she is applying for the PR? I assume since we are married that we don't fill out the IMM5409 common law form. Is that correct? Last question is do we need to fill out the IMM5476 form for using a representative form? I will need to help her with the froms because of the language(her first language is Spanish). Any ideas? Thanks

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
qtazngal said:
Hi guys - I posted this same question to another thread of topic, hoping this forum might have also an idea/suggestion. Thanks.

I have another questions please.

London finally asked for my husband copy of passport in May which I sent. Now they are asking for my husband to attend an interview to determined his eligibility. Now they know that we have been married for 20years and with children. He has a sister in Canada and he was there before. We even got married in Canada in 1991.

Little background:
Husband lived in Canada but overstayed and was asked to leave which he did (yes we lived together.
Came back a months later to marry me.
He went back to England and a followed him and now living in England eversince.
Myself and our children are dual citizens Canadian and British.

So, what in the world this means? Please can anybody give me an idea? I am getting really stress, this all too much as we started Feb 2012. This is getting tooo long. I want to go back home but not without him.

Thank you
It is unlikely they called for an interview. I believe you will accompany your husband and that's a plus point to clarify any red flags instantly. You have to proof with additional documentary evidences that you are finally all set to return to Canada as soon as your husband becomes PR. Your husband may also put forward his plan to settle down in Canada once his application is approved. Tell your husband to be well prepared and confident while answering. Your relationship is genuine and no need to worry. Good luck.
BTW you can gather some information in this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-interview-questionaires-experience-preparations-t220698.0.html;msg3242566#msg3242566

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hasan9999 said:
It is unlikely they called for an interview. I believe you will accompany your husband and that's a plus point to clarify any red flags instantly. You have to proof with additional documentary evidences that you are finally all set to return to Canada as soon as your husband becomes PR. Your husband may also put forward his plan to settle down in Canada once his application is approved. Tell your husband to be well prepared and confident while answering. Your relationship is genuine and no need to worry. Good luck.
BTW you can gather some information in this thread: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-sponsorship-interview-questionaires-experience-preparations-t220698.0.html;msg3242566#msg3242566

Thanks Hassan9999

Hopefully its not too stressful. But why did they asked for his recent and his other expired passports, 2 photo id and docs regarding date when he left Canada evidence only if possible they said.

Thanks

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
qtazngal said:
Thanks Hassan9999

Hopefully its not too stressful. But why did they asked for his recent and his other expired passports, 2 photo id and docs regarding date when he left Canada evidence only if possible they said.

Thanks
Most likely they will compare arrival and departure information as against information furnished by your husband on previous visits to Canada including his overstaying which you mentioned in your previous notes. Please fully prepare to answer any questions with straight forward and accurate explanation without giving any chance whatsoever on possible misrepresentation. Good luck.

qtazngal

Sep 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 February 2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
20-08-2012
Med's Done....
05 January 2012
Interview........
Waived
Hasan9999 said:
Most likely they will compare arrival and departure information as against information furnished by your husband on previous visits to Canada including his overstaying which you mentioned in your previous notes. Please fully prepare to answer any questions with straight forward and accurate explanation without giving any chance whatsoever on possible misrepresentation. Good luck.
Thanks Hasan9999

I would have thought that file is now erased/closed as it happened 1991. Evidence that they are looking for - well cant find them anymore again its more than 20years ago. They did say if possible. Will just have to go back to our application and remember what we said.

Thanks again Hasan9999