FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
Koifish76 said:
I suggest you read the guides for both sponsor and applicant.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp
A Canadian citizen don't need any income to sponsor unless he is taking social assistance from the Canadian Govt.

JAMO1973

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 6, 2014
AOR Received.
Nov. 19, 2014 AOR2 Feb.12 and request for PGR same day
File Transfer...
Nov. 24, 2014
Med's Done....
July 24, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 28, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 6, 2015
so then do you fill the form N/A?

beb25

May 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 14,2015
AOR Received.
July 20,2015
File Transfer...
Oct.1,2015
Med's Request
October 6,2015
Hi guys I want to know what are the social assistance form the government?

msbigshot

Jul 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
Doc's Request.
11-03-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
File Transfer...
24-11-2014
Med's Done....
25-04-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
WAIVED
VISA ISSUED...
02-07-2015
LANDED..........
29-07-29
My husband was in contact with Canada Revenue asking for his Option C print out. They've mailed him something but I'm not sure if it is the option c? Does the paper say Option C print out on it? This paper does not say anything other than some of his tax information. Thanks guys...

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
msbigshot said:
My husband was in contact with Canada Revenue asking for his Option C print out. They've mailed him something but I'm not sure if it is the option c? Does the paper say Option C print out on it? This paper does not say anything other than some of his tax information. Thanks guys...
That's the right document. It doesn't actually say "Option C" anywhere on it. Just "Income Tax Return Information - Regular".

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
beb25 said:
Hi guys I want to know what are the social assistance form the government?
Ontario Works / welfare is social assistance.

EI / Employment Insurance is NOT social assistance.

besykobuset

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received April 03, 2014
AOR Received.
May 21, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
August 31, 2013
Hello guys!

Its been more than a year since the last time I looked in this forum. I applied last 2012 but GOT denied to sponsor my husband.
App applied 23-MAY-2012
Received 28-MAY-2012
AOR Received.: 5-JULY-2012
Received letter: October 28, 2012
Reason for denial: did not meet the req to Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations 117(d)(9)

Many members here gave me explanations and advised to seek legal advice. So I seek advice from diff Immigration lawyers and consultants from November 2012 -January 2013 but none of them gave me hope. So I stopped. One day in June 2013 one of the consultants i talked to earlier that year phoned me asked me for updates and told me that she believes that my case is argumentable. Before that we requested GCMS information from ATIP (i dont know the meaning of those abbreviations) but since she has not enough power to do the case, she introduced me to this immigration Lawyer. This lawyer explains to me what we should do. That there is some sort of mistake with the decision of cic. SO we reapplied. I am now ELIGIBLE TO SPONSOR my husband! (Thanks God!)

Second application information.
Application received: Apr 3, 2014
AOR received: May 21, 2014
Approval: May 28, 2014
File transferred to VO: MAy 28 2014

QUESTION: Is there a possibility to deny my husband to his app to PR because of my Ineligibility decision before? Im just worried. Coz right now Im still not fully hopeful.

lynnie24

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Vegreville Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sept. 2013
Doc's Request.
29, Oct. 2014
AOR Received.
03 October 2013
File Transfer...
21 October 2013
Med's Request
REMED 17 Nov. 2014
Med's Done....
12 August 2013,
Passport Req..
29, Oct. 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18, December 2014
LANDED..........
3, February 2015
Dependent children

If your spouse has dependent children, they must be included in the PR application, even if they are not coming to Canada. They will need to have medicals as well to keep the option open to sponsor them later. The only way that immigration will accept the application without those medicals is if the children are no longer minors and refuse to have it or if the children are in the full custody of their other parent who refuses to make them available for medicals. In that case, your spouse needs to sign a statement stating that they know that they will never be able to sponsor these children to Canada in the future.

Dependent children are classified as single and either under 22 years of age or if they are older, they must have been full time students since before age 22 or dependent on their parent due to a disability or medical problem.

Hi Leon,
As i was reading this post of yours re: dependent children, i want to ask if is there a chance that i can sponsor my son when i get to Canada his 24 years old now. when me and my husband got married his already 23 me and my husband was married May 8,2013 so i just want to find out if i will be able to sponsor him since his not having a disability problem nor having a medical problem. please guide me with this coz my son is really looking forward to join me in Canada when i am already settled. my daughter who is 16 years old can travel with me coz she is included in our application. Hoping that i could have a positive response with this matter...thank you so much! i am very grateful for your post it is very helpful. keep it up and God Bless!

carol123

Jun 2, 2014
Hi,

I am a bit confused regarding some documents requested by CIC. My husband is a Canadian citizen and he is sponsoring me for PR.

In the page 2, at the bottom of the Document Checklist it says the "sponsored person and family members" must submit police certificates and proof of medical exam among other documents. Since I am the sponsored person, I know that I must submit these two documents. However, does my husband, as the sponsor, need to submit these documents and go through a medical exam as well? The Checklist says "sponsored person and family members". Obviously, my husband is a member of my family, so does that mean he has to order a police certificate and go through a medical exam even though he is the sponsor?

Thank you.

besykobuset

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received April 03, 2014
AOR Received.
May 21, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
August 31, 2013
carol123 said:
Hi,

I am a bit confused regarding some documents requested by CIC. My husband is a Canadian citizen and he is sponsoring me for PR.

In the page 2, at the bottom of the Document Checklist it says the "sponsored person and family members" must submit police certificates and proof of medical exam among other documents. Since I am the sponsored person, I know that I must submit these two documents. However, does my husband, as the sponsor, need to submit these documents and go through a medical exam as well? The Checklist says "sponsored person and family members". Obviously, my husband is a member of my family, so does that mean he has to order a police certificate and go through a medical exam even though he is the sponsor?

Thank you.
Your sponsor does not need to submit medical exam. They just need YOUR proof of medical exam and if you have dependent children that your husband is sponsoring, they need it too.

carol123

Jun 2, 2014
Ok thanks besykobuset.

1) What about the police certificate? Does the sponsor need to submit one from Canada? Since 18 years of age, my husband (Canadian citizen/sponsor) has traveled to many countries, and in some of those countries he stayed there for more than 6 months. How on earth is he supposed to get police certificates from each of those countries?!

2) Also, I know that I must submit 8 photos of myself. It says, "Supply eight recent photos for each member of your family and yourself." So, my husband/sponsor needs to submit 8 photos of himself as well?

confusing! lol

besykobuset

Star Member
Mar 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received April 03, 2014
AOR Received.
May 21, 2014
File Transfer...
May 28, 2014
Med's Done....
August 31, 2013
carol123 said:
Ok thanks besykobuset.

1) What about the police certificate? Does the sponsor need to submit one from Canada? Since 18 years of age, my husband (Canadian citizen/sponsor) has traveled to many countries, and in some of those countries he stayed there for more than 6 months. How on earth is he supposed to get police certificates from each of those countries?!

2) Also, I know that I must submit 8 photos of myself. It says, "Supply eight recent photos for each member of your family and yourself." So, my husband/sponsor needs to submit 8 photos of himself as well?

confusing! lol
Those requirements are meant for sponsored person and family members. FAMILY MEMBERS are referred to your dependent children(if you have) that is sponsoring as well as by your husband.

bun_ny_18

Star Member
Feb 2, 2013
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC, Novo Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-11
Nomination.....
09-01-2012
File Transfer...
09-05-2013
Med's Request
31-07-2013
Med's Done....
12-08-2013
Passport Req..
30-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
21-10-2013
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
Hi ...
I am concerned with regards to my brother's marital status which was changed from single to married recently prior to going to canada....He already has visa and COPR....his visa will expire on Jan 2015. He tried contacting MPNP and CIC regarding his changed of marital status, but CIc has not reply yet....is there anyone here in this forum who has idea on this kind of case?thank you in advance...he currently in dubai....his processing visa office is in UAE..kindly let me know the proper steps in updating his status and the requirements

Crittenden

May 13, 2014
Can anyone on this thread provide me with any insight as to what exactly is going on at cpc in Mississauga. I have done some calculations and the application I sent arrived in very early may. It seems every 10-14 days cpc move 3 days ahead with sponsorship apps. Which would put them my sponsorship side to go to aor at some time around late September?
I was under the impression that sponsor apps were moved to cpc to increase processing times when all I see are dramatic delays!
How can they find this reasonable.
I know we are all in the same boat people

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
bun_ny_18 said:
Hi ...
I am concerned with regards to my brother's marital status which was changed from single to married recently prior to going to canada....He already has visa and COPR....his visa will expire on Jan 2015. He tried contacting MPNP and CIC regarding his changed of marital status, but CIc has not reply yet....is there anyone here in this forum who has idea on this kind of case?thank you in advance...he currently in dubai....his processing visa office is in UAE..kindly let me know the proper steps in updating his status and the requirements
If you brother lands as PR as SINGLE when he is in fact MARRIED, then not only is he committing misrepresentation on his own PR, but his wife can then NEVER be sponsored in the future.

If he has visa but hasn't landed yet, his visa/COPR are no longer valid, he needs to add his wife to application, make sure she goes through all medical exam/security checks, and they will both get new PR visas/COPRs issues at same time.