+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

macalada

Nov 25, 2013
Oath for Statutory of Common Law Union

Hello All,

My partner is in Canada and i am in Bermuda now, i need to do Declaration for above form. Do both of us needs to present together in front of Commissioner of Oaths ?are there any way to do it seperately?

Please help. Appreciate your help.

Thank you

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
KaZRa said:
What do you mean by Visa exempt? And we were going inland b/c we wanted to also send in the OWP which you can't do with outland plus didn't want to risk him not getting permission to extend his stay here!
Visa exempt means the applicant doesn't need a special travel visa to come to Canada. They can just show up in Canada, and get a 6-month visitor status on the spot. Usually it's a very easy process for a visa-exempt applicant to extend their visitor status.

Visa-exempt visa offices are also usually very quick (Ottawa, London, Australia etc). So in many cases outland applicants get their full PR, quicker than it takes to get just stage 1 of inland.

i.e. For US applicants outland PR apps are processed through CPP-Ottawa. Current times people are seeing today is around 8-10 months, and usually US residents can visit Canada very easily. So it really makes zero sense for any US applicants to apply inland these days, unless they think they will have some admissibility issues visiting Canada during the process.

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
KaZRa said:
What do you mean by Visa exempt?
Citizens of certain countries and territories need a visa to visit Canada. Being visa exempt means you are a citizen of a country for which a visa is not required. To find out if you are visa exempt, go to http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Re: Oath for Statutory of Common Law Union

macalada said:
Hello All,

My partner is in Canada and i am in Bermuda now, i need to do Declaration for above form. Do both of us needs to present together in front of Commissioner of Oaths ?are there any way to do it seperately?

Please help. Appreciate your help.

Thank you
If you have to complete this declaration then you must do the declaration before the commissioner of oaths together, at the same time and place.

Note, though, that the forms instructions say:
This form must be completed and signed by the sponsor and common-law partner, only if the latter is a co-signer on the application
If the two of you are sponsoring someone else and both you and your common-law partner are signing the application for that other person, you need the declaration. However, it's not used when one common-law partner is sponsoring the other one.

canadaeh1234

Star Member
Oct 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 9, 2012
Med's Request
December 5, 2012
Med's Done....
December 10,2012
Does anybody know if it is safe to courier pr card to the Philippines?

abscott

Feb 24, 2013
Manila
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
23-08-2013
File Transfer...
04-09-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Passport Req..
15-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-22-2014
LANDED..........
02-20-2015
canadaeh1234 said:
Does anybody know if it is safe to courier pr card to the Philippines?
Hi canadaeh1234...

You can choose from Fedex or DHL, just make sure you have the tracking number of what you will send. It takes 3 to 5 days only with them...

My husband used to send me documents thru Fedex and I used to send him documents thru DHL from here in Manila because DHL is cheaper than Fedex.

Hope this helps... :) :) :)

abscott

KKRSTNA

Dec 17, 2012
If my boyfriend and I have lived together for one consecutive year... but had very little documentation (shared bank account) etc... but have other minor proofs of this, could this harm our chances of me being approved for PR?

What things should we include in our application that shows proof of us living together?

sunset66_71

Star Member
Feb 2, 2012
ON
App. Filed.......
16-June-2016
computergeek said:
No. There will likely be some schools that are available without a fee, but it is certainly going to depend upon the school. Your child will likely require a study permit as well, but that generally is not an issue.

Only if she has a work permit. If she qualifies under the pilot program in Ontario, she would be able to obtain one without an employer sponsor. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/occupations.asp

For inland applications, she would not be eligible in Ontario until first stage approval has been made (11 months). If she has a work permit, then she would be eligible as well. I suspect the same would apply to your child with a study permit, but health care is provincially managed, so it's up to Ontario's specific policy (if you were going to AB it would be a resounding "yes".)
Thanks Computergeek for the valuable info.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
He has no admissibility issues, but there is no guarantee they will keep extending his stay until he gets PR, correct? The only reason we wanted to go inland was so the OWP would give him implied status and we wanted to make sure he didn't have to leave. He is from the US and has given up his rental etc so going back to the US would not be a good option. Given this do you still think Outland is the best option? I would be worried they would not extend his stay!

Rob_TO said:
i.e. For US applicants outland PR apps are processed through CPP-Ottawa. Current times people are seeing today is around 8-10 months, and usually US residents can visit Canada very easily. So it really makes zero sense for any US applicants to apply inland these days, unless they think they will have some admissibility issues visiting Canada during the process.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Question...regarding marriage certificate..will the one stamped by the Juctice of the Peace suffice or have to wait for the one issued by the Province? This is to be included in our sponsorship app.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
KKRSTNA said:
If my boyfriend and I have lived together for one consecutive year... but had very little documentation (shared bank account) etc... but have other minor proofs of this, could this harm our chances of me being approved for PR?

What things should we include in our application that shows proof of us living together?
Yes this could harm your chances, as you need to convince CIC that you were living together for 12 consecutive months. They will not take you at your word, you need to provide enough evidence to prove it.

You will need to show things like:
- mail to both of you, delivered to same address
- if renting, a joint lease. If no joint lease, then a statutory declaration from the landlord that you were living together for 1 year
- testimonies from neighbors/family that you were living together
- joint chequing account, and/or joint or supplementary credit card
- life insurance on each other
- any other proofs that show sharing of household duties/cohabitation
- change status with CRA to common-law

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
KaZRa said:
He has no admissibility issues, but there is no guarantee they will keep extending his stay until he gets PR, correct? The only reason we wanted to go inland was so the OWP would give him implied status and we wanted to make sure he didn't have to leave. He is from the US and has given up his rental etc so going back to the US would not be a good option. Given this do you still think Outland is the best option? I would be worried they would not extend his stay!
No guarantee, but in the vast majority of cases it's fairly simple to extend stay based on others experiences.
In my own opinion I think outland is best due to the processing times these days out of CPP-O, but the choice is up to you. Of course the only 100% guarantee to stay in Canada the entire time is inland, but remember you are looking at almost a 2 year wait for PR instead of only 10 months for outland.

KaZRa

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Can someone answer this for me, please.

KaZRa said:
Question...regarding marriage certificate..will the one stamped by the Juctice of the Peace suffice or have to wait for the one issued by the Province? This is to be included in our sponsorship app.

Canuckluvus

Star Member
Jan 26, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-10-2013
LANDED..........
14-12-2013
KaZRa said:
Can someone answer this for me, please.
You need to provide a copy of the one issued by the province. The one you got from the J of P can't be used.