+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Tony3

Dec 16, 2011
Hi rjessome,

I am now married to my filipina girlfriend as of October 24, 2011. My house was finally sold on Oct 3, 2011, after almost 3 years in the market. So three weeks after it was sold I got married in the Philippines.

I have produced the "Declaration of Severance of Common Law Relationship" from a lawyer.

The option C printout by Revenue Canada top right indicates that I was in a common law in 2010 tax year . Revenue Canada indicated to me last year 2010 and in previous years as well,that even if my relationship was over a few years ago , I cannot declare myself as single when filing taxes , unless I have a complete different address (which I have now).

My concern is how does CIC see this , where the Option C prinout indicates Common Law in 2010 and a Declaration by myself that the relationship ended a few years ago.

Like majority of people my application is genuine and I just want my wife to be with me here in Canada.

I am no longer in talking terms with my ex common law , but do know where she lives and provided the address in the form.

Do I need to provide an explanation letter , of the above to CIC, other than the declaration please. Like most people I am also trying my best to avoid any additional information request CIC may need , which will only delay the processing longer. I have consulted a lawyer , and the response from her was ; as long as I can prove that my relationship with my wife is genuine. To me that is easy ,as I have about 200 pages of emails, chatline messages and text messages and several photos and all other pertinent information as required by CIC. For the civil ceromony in the Philippines, I also had to produce a non marriage certificate from Vital Stats Manitoba and a CENOMAR from the NSO office in Manila before my marriage.

Will appreciate any other info you might have for me from your perspective.

Thanks so much

adventurer

Star Member
Dec 20, 2011
just want to ask, after you have send your application package how long will it take for you to be notified if the cic have receive your application package. will they send you an e-mail or a letter, are you gonna receive a call from them?

thanks.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tony3 said:
Hi rjessome,

I am now married to my filipina girlfriend as of October 24, 2011. My house was finally sold on Oct 3, 2011, after almost 3 years in the market. So three weeks after it was sold I got married in the Philippines.

I have produced the "Declaration of Severance of Common Law Relationship" from a lawyer.

The option C printout by Revenue Canada top right indicates that I was in a common law in 2010 tax year . Revenue Canada indicated to me last year 2010 and in previous years as well,that even if my relationship was over a few years ago , I cannot declare myself as single when filing taxes , unless I have a complete different address (which I have now).

My concern is how does CIC see this , where the Option C prinout indicates Common Law in 2010 and a Declaration by myself that the relationship ended a few years ago.

Like majority of people my application is genuine and I just want my wife to be with me here in Canada.

I am no longer in talking terms with my ex common law , but do know where she lives and provided the address in the form.

Do I need to provide an explanation letter , of the above to CIC, other than the declaration please. Like most people I am also trying my best to avoid any additional information request CIC may need , which will only delay the processing longer. I have consulted a lawyer , and the response from her was ; as long as I can prove that my relationship with my wife is genuine. To me that is easy ,as I have about 200 pages of emails, chatline messages and text messages and several photos and all other pertinent information as required by CIC. For the civil ceromony in the Philippines, I also had to produce a non marriage certificate from Vital Stats Manitoba and a CENOMAR from the NSO office in Manila before my marriage.

Will appreciate any other info you might have for me from your perspective.

Thanks so much
Depending on what your Declaration states about the end of your CL relationship, the only thing you could add is a more detailed explanation as to how your CL relationship ended. And I don't see why your tax return for last year stated CL if you say it ended a few years ago. You could also apply to have that amended if that wasn't the case. Owning a house with an ex-partner does not require you to state you were in a CL relationship. And yes, your lawyer is correct in that you must prove your relationship with your wife is genuine.

seph_lim

Nov 3, 2011
Appendix C and Medical Exam for Spouse

Greetings to you all!

I hope this is the right place to ask this question. This is concerning Appendix C and medical exam for my spouse (USA permanent resident) whom I'm sponsoring.

1. Does anyone know how much does the medical exam cost (she has no healthcare/insurance coverage)?
2. Is Appendix C the only document she needs to bring to the Designated Medical Practitioner?

Many thanks,

Joseph & Magnolia

ashu1234

Dec 20, 2011
Hi !!!

Need Help. My question is how long does it take to get a spousal visa if the spouse(husband) is a Canadian Citizen and a Canada Government Employee and the wife is an Indian citizen and are legally married . The papers are filed last week .I have been told that it takes 4-6 months time.But some friend tells me that it takes 3 months for a citizen to bring his wife and kid. I'm utterly confused. Please help with correct info.

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
Please can you all who have successfully went through this process (I am canadian living in egypt for almost 3 years wanting to sponsor my husband egyptain to Canada) detailed process. I will explain my situation, please give me all advice.

I have been living here in egypt almost 3 years (got married the third day I arrived in Egypt) I have not been back to canada since then. I have a daughter with my current (and only) husband who is now almost 2 years old. I have been working as HR in Egypt since June 2011 (about 6 months now). However, I do not put my salary in any account, as (please correct me if I am wrong) its a headacheto open and you also need like 5000 min every month inside and my salary is only 2000 and I am lucky if I have one cent left at the end of the month.

so what is my chances of successfully sponsoring my husband (without leaving him)?
And what exactly do I need?

Thank you!!!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Each case is different so nobody can tell you exactly how much time. There is no difference between a citizen or a PR being the sponsor. Mississauga usually takes 2 months and after that it goes to India where the processing time could be another 2-3 months if you are lucky.

ashu1234 said:
Hi !!!

Need Help. My question is how long does it take to get a spousal visa if the spouse(husband) is a Canadian Citizen and a Canada Government Employee and the wife is an Indian citizen and are legally married . The papers are filed last week .I have been told that it takes 4-6 months time.But some friend tells me that it takes 3 months for a citizen to bring his wife and kid. I'm utterly confused. Please help with correct info.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omo_lylah said:
so what is my chances of successfully sponsoring my husband (without leaving him)?
And what exactly do I need?
As a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your husband even while living outside Canada but you need to show plans to move to Canada when he gets his PR. As for your child, you need to apply for a citizenship certificate at the embassy if you haven't already done that.

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
Leon said:
As a Canadian citizen, you can sponsor your husband even while living outside Canada but you need to show plans to move to Canada when he gets his PR. As for your child, you need to apply for a citizenship certificate at the embassy if you haven't already done that.
ok my daughter alhamdulillah has already received her Canadian citizenship. But in terms of money how much do I need?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omo_lylah said:
ok my daughter alhamdulillah has already received her Canadian citizenship. But in terms of money how much do I need?
Did you read the first post of this thread? Especially where it says:

Refusals due to income and medicals

You will be asked to provide information about your income but you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves.
I'll add to this that if your husband is the bread winner, you can show his income and explain that he is the bread winner. In your plans for moving to Canada, you should also write something about what kind of work you have done in the past and will be doing in the future as well as what your husband plans to do.

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
Leon said:
Did you read the first post of this thread? Especially where it says:

I'll add to this that if your husband is the bread winner, you can show his income and explain that he is the bread winner. In your plans for moving to Canada, you should also write something about what kind of work you have done in the past and will be doing in the future as well as what your husband plans to do.
Clearly I didn't read it lol.. sorry for that. Anyways no I am the higher income in the family currently (6 months) however the previous 6 months to that he was the only one working, also he support me even though he was not working for the time before his job.
Since I don't have an actual account statement do you think a simple letter from my manager (owner of the company) that I have been working since this date, making this amount, and to date I have made this amount?, As well as prove for me going back to Canada, if I can get a letter from my online school which is located in Canada (its to help people traveling abroad for short periods, if I was in Canada I would actually attend an actual class), and a possible job offer for myself would help? Prove that I am really moving back?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omo_lylah said:
Since I don't have an actual account statement do you think a simple letter from my manager (owner of the company) that I have been working since this date, making this amount, and to date I have made this amount?, As well as prove for me going back to Canada, if I can get a letter from my online school which is located in Canada (its to help people traveling abroad for short periods, if I was in Canada I would actually attend an actual class), and a possible job offer for myself would help? Prove that I am really moving back?
Do you have pay slips and tax returns? If you do, give them copies of those.

A possible job offer in Canada or having enrolled in a course or having arranged housing or having relatives who will write a letter saying you can stay with them can all help you to show plans of moving to Canada.

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
Leon said:
Do you have pay slips and tax returns? If you do, give them copies of those.

A possible job offer in Canada or having enrolled in a course or having arranged housing or having relatives who will write a letter saying you can stay with them can all help you to show plans of moving to Canada.
No tax slips as far as I know, and i might be totally wrong but there is no "taxes" in egypt lol.

ashu1234

Dec 20, 2011
Thanks Leon. One question My Husband being a canadian Govt employee..will that not be an additional brownie point to get the visa less than Six months??? We really want to unite with him fast. We have taken he outland method too.

Many thanks