+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

M

magpie

I would suggest that you wait until you are prepared to go straight to Canada. Do all your overseas moves and about 6 months before you plan to return to Canada then do your Application. Sponsorship right now according to CIC website is only 70 days and its the actually processing of the Permanent Residence that is done in the country you reside. If the timeline is 8 months then submit your application 8 months before you are ready. If you do it now and appoval is granted but you are not ready to return then your visa will expire and have to apply again. If you are not approved the first time does not mean you can get approved the second time so wait till you are ready to return to Canada. Also residing in the different countries will require your partner to obtain police checks in each of the countries and they have a validity time as does the medical. I believe 3 months but I could be wrong. If you go through the process now with medical and all your medical is only valid for 1 year. If you are approved your move must be made before your medical expires.

csousa7 said:
Thanks for that information, very useful.
I am now wondering about time frame. We are living in London now and not looking to move to Canada for 3 years. We want to have my partner's sponsorship sorted before we get there - which will take at least a year if we do it from London.
There is the possibility that we may move overseas next year for a few years - to Dubai or Singapore. Both of these countries have much longer waiting times for sponsorship approval.
Could we get the sponsorship done here while we are in London, then move overseas for a few years and then go straight to Canada - or does the sponsorship become invalid if we don't move to Canada straight away?
We own a property in Canada already which we hope will help prove that we do plan on moving there eventually.
Thanks!

i.imran

Star Member
Oct 28, 2011
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 jan 2012
AOR Received.
5 may 2012
Med's Request
20 sept 2012
I AM IN CANADA HAVING PRC AND LIKE TO APPLY ON SPONSORSHIP FOR MY ONE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WHO IS ON TRV STAtUS IN CANADA BUT BORN IN PAKISTAN, CAN I GET HER PRC IN 6 MONTH TIME, WHAT IS THE PROCESSING TIME FOR SUCH CASES.

ALSO MY HUSBAND,PAKISTANI NATIONAL IS HERE ON STUDENT VISA FOR ONE YR MASTERS COURSE, HOW SHOULD I APPLY SPONSORSHIP CASE AND WHERE. SHALL I MENTION PAKISTAN ADDRESS OR CANADA ADDRESS ?I HAVE NO INCOME RIGHT NOW ,SHALL I MUST SHOW SOME JOB OR CAN MY FAMILY (MY PARENTS AND BROTHERS ARE SETTLED IN CANADA) BE SHOWN AS FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBILE FOR US.

MY SPOUSE WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR WORK VISA AFTER COMPLETION OF MS AND CAN ALSO APPLY ON EXPRIENCED CLASS CATEGORY HIMSELF, WHICH WAY WILL BE BETTER FOR HIM.

PLZ LOOK INTO MY CASE.....LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE RESPONSES.
THANKYOU

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i.imran said:
I AM IN CANADA HAVING PRC AND LIKE TO APPLY ON SPONSORSHIP FOR MY ONE YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WHO IS ON TRV STAtUS IN CANADA BUT BORN IN PAKISTAN, CAN I GET HER PRC IN 6 MONTH TIME, WHAT IS THE PROCESSING TIME FOR SUCH CASES.

ALSO MY HUSBAND,PAKISTANI NATIONAL IS HERE ON STUDENT VISA FOR ONE YR MASTERS COURSE, HOW SHOULD I APPLY SPONSORSHIP CASE AND WHERE. SHALL I MENTION PAKISTAN ADDRESS OR CANADA ADDRESS ?I HAVE NO INCOME RIGHT NOW ,SHALL I MUST SHOW SOME JOB OR CAN MY FAMILY (MY PARENTS AND BROTHERS ARE SETTLED IN CANADA) BE SHOWN AS FINANCIALLY RESPONSIBILE FOR US.

MY SPOUSE WILL BE ELIGIBLE FOR WORK VISA AFTER COMPLETION OF MS AND CAN ALSO APPLY ON EXPRIENCED CLASS CATEGORY HIMSELF, WHICH WAY WILL BE BETTER FOR HIM.

PLZ LOOK INTO MY CASE.....LOOKING FORWARD FOR THE RESPONSES.
THANKYOU
You do not need to show income to sponsor a husband and child. As you are married and your husband is not yet PR, you must include him in the application, either as accompanying or not accompanying. Whichever you do, he will still need background checks and medicals so you might as well list him as accompanying so he will get PR also along with your child.

As your husband is studying in Canada, your case can be processed in Buffalo which is faster than Pakistan. Sponsoring through Islamabad takes up to 24 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#asia

noemek

Oct 23, 2011
hi, for spousal sponsorship does my husband need to have a show money? we are planning to apply for spousal visa after we got married.and some say he needs to have a show money.thanks

M

magpie

According to the regulations your husband does not have to qualify financially. He does however have to provide proof that he is working and can afford you. They want to know if he is not collecting welfare. Get the option C from Revenue Canada even thought I was told that I didn't need it. Pay stubs from employer or if he is receiving disability then submit bank statement for one year. Better to be safe than sorry. If they are happy that he can support you then you should be fine. They are more worried about him being on welfare and then you would have to be added on also.

I see it as protection for both, you and our social system.

noemek said:
hi, for spousal sponsorship does my husband need to have a show money? we are planning to apply for spousal visa after we got married.and some say he needs to have a show money.thanks

noemek

Oct 23, 2011
thanks, this is very helpful.In case I got pregnant while waiting for my spousal visa.Do I have to start all over again or shall I wait till I gave birth and apply a visa for both of our child and me.

Admirable

Aug 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-12-2010
Doc's Request.
09-02-2011
AOR Received.
24-01-2011 & 27-01-2012
File Transfer...
17-03-2011
Med's Request
08-03-2012 (2nd medical redo)
Med's Done....
06-06-2010 and 09-03-2012
Interview........
08-03-2012 Positive
Passport Req..
18-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-05-2012
LANDED..........
June 2012
Hi Leon.....I have a few questions. Would greatly appreciate your feedback.

My application for PR has been sitting in the POS visa office for about 6-7mths now. I have not received AOR from them or any correspondence from them. I have also sent CSEs and till this day no response. E-Cas has my PR application status as - NOT AVAILABLE. My medical and PCC have been expired may 2011 and June 2011 respectively.

Does this mean that the office has not even started processing my application?

I can't log on to E-Cas using my info (client i.d. or file #). The file # given to me does not begin with a B or F. I use my husband's info and receipt # to log in.

By December, I plan on submitting new PCC. I'm hoping to receive it sometime in November. Can I submit the additional docs using my client i.d. since I'm unsure if my file # is even valid?

How does POS handle med redos? Must I wait on POS to request med redo or can I do it on my own?

Kedeisha

Champion Member
Apr 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chagee said:
hello!!!

I need your help and advice...about sponsoring my spouse... here's my situation, I received my confirmation last april 19, 200.. i got married last may 8, 2011 and I became permanent resident last june 01, 2011... MY problem was i did not declare that i got married..so my status on my PR card was still single... Now, i am planning to sponsor my husband to come over here in canada... would there be any problem by not declarinng it before i became PR?.....please someone help me... really confused and dont know what to do....i really really want to get my husband here...
Yes you cannot sponsor an undeclared spouse

aboelhadahed

Oct 28, 2011
Hi
I'm a canadian citizen ,I got married to someone in my country (Egypt) 5 months ago and I live with him in Egypt since then. Now I want to sponsor him to go with me to Canada , I know it takes about a year to get the application done,I'm pregnant and planning to get my baby in Canada in the month of April ,my question is can my husband apply for visa visitor to attend the baby's birth while his sponsorship application is processing?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
aboelhadahed said:
Hi
I'm a canadian citizen ,I got married to someone in my country (Egypt) 5 months ago and I live with him in Egypt since then. Now I want to sponsor him to go with me to Canada , I know it takes about a year to get the application done,I'm pregnant and planning to get my baby in Canada in the month of April ,my question is can my husband apply for visa visitor to attend the baby's birth while his sponsorship application is processing?
Yes, he can apply for a TRV, but the chances are very small he will be granted one, especially as he will have two reasons not to leave Canada.

abdoon

Oct 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2011
File Transfer...
21-01-2012
Passport Req..
25-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2012
Dear everyone,

I send similar post on another thread but this one looks more active. (sorry for that), Here is my case

I am Canadian (25 years old) and I was born in Canada, so my children are also Canadians. I am married for more than two years now and I have a son and my wife is pregnant. I will be moving to Canada next Jan 2012 isA and I am applying for PR for my wife.

1- Regarding the translation of documents, I have translated the birth certificate from the minister of the health then I authenticated it from the ministry of foreign affairs. For the "Kaed A'ely", Police Certificate, and Marriage Certificate, I got them all translated from the Ministry of Justice then I authenticated them from the ministry of foreign affairs. Now, do I have to legalize any of the documents from the Canadian embassy or not?

2- For the Visa Office Specs Part of the application, do I have to include birth certificate and eight photos for my son? Also do I have to provide eight photos for me?

3- My wife is pregnant and she will deliver the baby next Jan, we preferred to postpone the x-ray test until the baby is born. Given that he is a Canadian, do I have to send a copy of his birth certificate after his birth?

Thanks all,
Abdullah

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
abdoon said:
Dear everyone,

I send similar post on another thread but this one looks more active. (sorry for that), Here is my case

I am Canadian (25 years old) and I was born in Canada, so my children are also Canadians. I am married for more than two years now and I have a son and my wife is pregnant. I will be moving to Canada next Jan 2012 isA and I am applying for PR for my wife.

1- Regarding the translation of documents, I have translated the birth certificate from the minister of the health then I authenticated it from the ministry of foreign affairs. For the "Kaed A'ely", Police Certificate, and Marriage Certificate, I got them all translated from the Ministry of Justice then I authenticated them from the ministry of foreign affairs. Now, do I have to legalize any of the documents from the Canadian embassy or not?

2- For the Visa Office Specs Part of the application, do I have to include birth certificate and eight photos for my son? Also do I have to provide eight photos for me?

3- My wife is pregnant and she will deliver the baby next Jan, we preferred to postpone the x-ray test until the baby is born. Given that he is a Canadian, do I have to send a copy of his birth certificate after his birth?

Thanks all,
Abdullah
1. No, unless it is required by the Region Specific Forms, certified copies are not required.

2. No. These requirements are for the non-Canadian members of your family that are being sponsored, i.e. your wife.

3. Yes. The embassy must be advised of all changes to her family's composition.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CharlieD10 said:
3. Yes. The embassy must be advised of all changes to her family's composition.
3. Actually the answer on this one is No. The child will be a Canadian citizen assuming the father did not receive his citizenship by decent. The embassy must be apprised of changes to family composition that will change the PR application. Having a Canadian child will not. However, the parents will need to apply for a temporary passport for the child and citizenship certificate if the child is born outside of Canada.

aboelhadahed

Oct 28, 2011
Hi
I have a question regarding the sponsorship evaluation form(IMM 5481)

it says number of family members and persons including in undertakings in effect and not yet in effect, and it asks for number of people including in box#3 of the generic application . I'm sponsoring my husband , does this mean I write 1 or 0 because I don't understand they ask for the number of people I'm sponsoring or about number of people have the responsibility ,please explain,,thanks

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aboelhadahed said:
Hi
I have a question regarding the sponsorship evaluation form(IMM 5481)

it says number of family members and persons including in undertakings in effect and not yet in effect, and it asks for number of people including in box#3 of the generic application . I'm sponsoring my husband , does this mean I write 1 or 0 because I don't understand they ask for the number of people I'm sponsoring or about number of people have the responsibility ,please explain,,thanks
If you are only sponsoring your husband, than 1.