+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

nikai

Oct 20, 2011
nikai said:
I really need some advice with my situation, i am a permanent resident and currently sponsoring my husband, we got married in California but our application will be process in the philippines.
The application was received on August 8, 2011 and right now they are working on applications received on that day. My concern is, I am 5 months pregnant now and due to deliver on february, I am alone and have no family here,(they are all still in the philippines)basically i dont have any help with the baby after i gave birth, being pregnant and away from your love ones is really hard and it scares me thinking that i will deliver the baby with no body with me, it really stressed me out. I know they have some rules to follow and certain time to process applications but would they consider speeding up the process for my husband's application and grant him the visa so he can join me here before i give birth. Is there anything I can do to make that happen...

thanks a lot,
Nikai

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nikai said:
My concern is, I am 5 months pregnant now and due to deliver on february, I am alone and have no family here,(they are all still in the philippines)basically i dont have any help with the baby after i gave birth, being pregnant and away from your love ones is really hard and it scares me thinking that i will deliver the baby with no body with me, it really stressed me out. I know they have some rules to follow and certain time to process applications but would they consider speeding up the process for my husband's application and grant him the visa so he can join me here before i give birth. Is there anything I can do to make that happen...
Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do to make things go faster. The fact that you are pregnant will not speed up the processing of your husband's application. Sorry!

jatinder430

Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, need help

My wife has sponsered me in September'11, now she wants to come back to meet me in January'12
My question is that for how long she can stay with me, as she is planning to stay here for more than 1 month (she left for Canada on 16th Sep'11)

Kindly help.

Thanx in Advance.

aar_rak

May 8, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
india
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 11, 2011
Doc's Request.
n/a
AOR Received.
July 13, 2011
File Transfer...
September 23, 2011
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
June 9, 2011
Passport Req..
Nov 12, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
DM 12 March 2012
LANDED..........
long wait
jatinder430 said:
Hi everyone, need help

My wife has sponsered me in September'11, now she wants to come back to meet me in January'12
My question is that for how long she can stay with me, as she is planning to stay here for more than 1 month (she left for Canada on 16th Sep'11)

Kindly help.

Thanx in Advance.
I dont think there is any time limits for how long the sponsor can stay. She can stay as long as she wants. you are the one who cannot go to Canada for application processing reasons.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jatinder430 said:
Hi everyone, need help

Kindly help.

Thanx in Advance.
If she is not a citizen but a PR, she must be resident in Canada in order to sponsor. I would limit the vacation to one month. Maybe she could get away with more but it is an unnecessary risk to take. She should make sure she or somebody is checking her telephone messages and mail in case immigration tries to get in touch.

jatinder430

Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
If she is not a citizen but a PR, she must be resident in Canada in order to sponsor. I would limit the vacation to one month. Maybe she could get away with more but it is an unnecessary risk to take. She should make sure she or somebody is checking her telephone messages and mail in case immigration tries to get in touch.

Thanks Leon for d reply
My wife is PR in Canada, not a citizen
So,Kindly guide how long she can stay here with me?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jatinder430 said:
Leon said:

Thanks Leon for d reply

Quiet Storm

Sep 9, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2011
Doc's Request.
June 2012, Dec 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 2011
Med's Request
Oct 2014
jatinder430 said:
Leon said:

Thanks Leon for d reply
If she is PR then i would suggest her to not leave CANADA for so long as this could affect your application.
Besides CIC may raise an objection that she does not want to settle in CANADA.
Hope that helps.

lovelyjune81

Oct 21, 2011
Its interesting topic for me and I really need the advice. I am from Indonesia and my husband is a Canadian. We married for almost 4 years and i live in Korea for almost 4 years too. We live in South Korea because He has a teaching job here for more than 5 years. We are looking an opportunity to go back to Canada for good.
I went to Canada for 4 months for visit my parents in law and I didn't decide yet to apply permanent resident.
But right now I am thinking to get my PR. The situation that I have that my husband and I still live in S.Korea until Sept 2012 and we want to apply from outside Canada ( we want to apply from Canadian Embassy in Seoul). I have several question about apply PR outside Canada
My question are:
1. Should I prepare criminal background check from Indonesia or just from Korea? (because i live in Korea for almost 4 years)
2. how long is usually to process of apply PR from outside Canada? do you think more than 6 months?
3. If my husband doesn't have a job opportunity yet in Canada before finish the job in Korea, do you think it will be a problem to apply PR?
4. Should I have 2 sponsor such as from my parents in law and my husband together for financial information etc.

Need more info about this situation.
Thanks a lot.

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
lovelyjune81 said:
Its interesting topic for me and I really need the advice. I am from Indonesia and my husband is a Canadian. We married for almost 4 years and i live in Korea for almost 4 years too. We live in South Korea because He has a teaching job here for more than 5 years. We are looking an opportunity to go back to Canada for good.
I went to Canada for 4 months for visit my parents in law and I didn't decide yet to apply permanent resident.
But right now I am thinking to get my PR. The situation that I have that my husband and I still live in S.Korea until Sept 2012 and we want to apply from outside Canada ( we want to apply from Canadian Embassy in Seoul). I have several question about apply PR outside Canada
My question are:
1. Should I prepare criminal background check from Indonesia or just from Korea? (because i live in Korea for almost 4 years)
2. how long is usually to process of apply PR from outside Canada? do you think more than 6 months?
3. If my husband doesn't have a job opportunity yet in Canada before finish the job in Korea, do you think it will be a problem to apply PR?
4. Should I have 2 sponsor such as from my parents in law and my husband together for financial information etc.

Need more info about this situation.
Thanks a lot.
1. You need police records from every country you have spent 6 months or more in since you were 18.
2. It varies by office. South Korea has an average time of 7 months for 80% of applications.
3. He will need to prove intent to re-settle in Canada when you are approved. If he does not have a job, that will not affect his ability to sponsor, but he needs to show how he will care for your basic needs (food, clothing and shelter) so he should clearly outline your plans when you move to Canada - where you will live, job opportunities he is pursuing etc.
4. Your in-laws cannot co-sign, spousal sponsorships do not permit co-signers. What they can do for you is write letters showing they are aware of your plans and outline how they will offer support and assistance in this regard.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lovelyjune81 said:
You need a criminal background check from all countries where you have lived for 6 months or more after the age of 18. Do not get them too long before you send in your application because they can not be more than 3 months old when you apply.

lovelyjune81 said:
Currently 70 days in Mississauga to approve your sponsor, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp and after that it is sent to the visa office of your choice. As you are from Indonesia, your file would normally be processed in Singapore but because you live in Korea, you can choose processing in Seoul if you prefer. I would suggest you pick Seoul because their processing time is only 7 months for 80% of cases while Singapore is 21 months, see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp#asia

lovelyjune81 said:
As a Canadian living in another country, he will have to show plans to move to Canada in order to sponsor you. Such plans could be getting a job offer, arranging housing or at the very least letters from his friends and family saying they know of your plans to move and that you can stay with them while you look for a place as well as some plans for you on what you plan to do, where to live and what kind of jobs you will look for.

lovelyjune81 said:
No, there are no specific income requirements to sponsor a spouse and a spouse can only be sponsored by their spouse, not by their parents in law.

silenthill_ca

Oct 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

My wife recently got an interview letter from singapore visa office that she is in their interview list and will inform her date and location of interview. I don't know what mistake I made , anyway I am back to wait game.

My questions are :

1. How long it usually takes for immigration to setup a date (singapore visa office)

2. what should I expect from interview?

3. Is it always a negative sign that interview was called ? and how (my spouse) should prepare for interview?

please help.

Thanks

jatinder430

Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, kindly guide

As i have four passports with me ( 1st one renewed because i changed my address, 2nd renewed because it got damaged, 3rd renewed coz i have to include my surname with my given name and finally i have 4th one with me rite now)
I have given all the details and xerox copies with my application (spouse visa) to CIC-M.

Also, i have applied for UK in 2000 and 2008 for student visa and Working Holiday Maker resp., but my applications were refused at that time by British High Commission because the VO thought i would not come back after my visa got expired and maybe due to lack of funds.

I recently got married (my wife is PR in Canada) and submitted applicationin Sep'11

Kindly tell, would it effect my application (having 4 passports and refusals from UK Embassy?)

khakalove

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
hello every body,
i want to ask a question ? regarding passport submission , to london i am from pakistan and
i hed applay from canada high commission london , when i was there,,,, . now my visa has been
finesh for uk and i have come back in pakistan,i have recive ppr from chc london,
but there is a problum , that according to pakistani law i cant sent my pasasport outside the country ,,,,
no courier compny is redy to sent my passport , as it is not possible,

my question is can i submit my passport from dubai to chc london,i can get dubai visa easely
in one week ? if yes how can i recevie my passport back from chc london to dubai,plz note
my case is in femely class. thx.

r.k.priya

Oct 21, 2011
Hi
I am a permanent resident in Canada. I got it in 2010 and I have sponsered my husband that is a permanent resident in France. I submitted my application in February 2011, now the file is in Paris. They asked my husband some documents and he provided them to the embassy. Afterthat we did not hear from the embassy, almost 8 months have been passed. I check the online staus of application and is the same all the time, it says application received on March 2011, since March... Is that normal? How long do we have to wait more?

I spent so many months out of Canada, ince I got my PR I have been out for almost 7 months...and I want to go back in December to stay with my husband.. How long am I allowed to stay out of country when I am holding a PR and a Canadian travel document? Will this affect the sponsorship? I am so scared :-X but I want to be with my hubby :D
Thank you