Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
r.k.priya said:
Hi
I am a permanent resident in Canada. I got it in 2010 and I have sponsered my husband that is a permanent resident in France. I submitted my application in February 2011, now the file is in Paris. They asked my husband some documents and he provided them to the embassy. Afterthat we did not hear from the embassy, almost 8 months have been passed. I check the online staus of application and is the same all the time, it says application received on March 2011, since March... Is that normal? How long do we have to wait more?

I spent so many months out of Canada, ince I got my PR I have been out for almost 7 months...and I want to go back in December to stay with my husband.. How long am I allowed to stay out of country when I am holding a PR and a Canadian travel document? Will this affect the sponsorship? I am so scared :-X but I want to be with my hubby :D
Thank you
Paris's processing time is 8 months average for 80% of cases. You might want to try sending a case specific enquiry to see what is going on, or order your GCMS notes.

As a PR sponsoring a spouse, you may NOT leave the country for extended periods. You are required to be residing in Canada as a condition of eligibility to sponsor. A normal vacation period of 2-4 weeks may not raise any red flags, longer than that and you run the risk of them deciding you are not residing in Canada and refusing the application.

r.k.priya

Oct 21, 2011
CharlieD10 said:
Paris's processing time is 8 months average for 80% of cases. You might want to try sending a case specific enquiry to see what is going on, or order your GCMS notes.

As a PR sponsoring a spouse, you may NOT leave the country for extended periods. You are required to be residing in Canada as a condition of eligibility to sponsor. A normal vacation period of 2-4 weeks may not raise any red flags, longer than that and you run the risk of them deciding you are not residing in Canada and refusing the application.
Can I go in December maybe for one month only? and what u mean with GCMS? How to order them?

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
r.k.priya said:
Can I go in December maybe for one month only? and what u mean with GCMS? How to order them?
[/quote

Getting your CAIPS is fairly straightforward; you will have to pay $5.00 since you are requesting CAIPS notes for your spouse, who is not residing in Canada. I had instructions from someone on this forum on how to do it.

Follow the instructions below:

1. Have your spouse fill out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E.pdf

Step by step instructions:

Tick the box that says "I authorize Citizenship and Immigration Canada... ... to release information from my case file to the following individual."

Then have your spouse fill out all of his/her particulars (his/her name, DOB, location of VISA Processing centre, i.e. The Canadian Embassy......... etc.)

Then have him/her fill out your own personal information under the headings titled "Designated Individual."

Have your spouse sign AND date the form at the bottom

OR, if you have already filled out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5476E.PDF

then just send a photocopy of it along with 2. and 3.

2. You must now fill out this form:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5563B.pdf

Step by step instructions:

Leave the first two boxes at the top blank (Requesters Reference No. and Public Rights Administration file number).

Tick the box that says "Access to Information Act ($ 5.00 fee)."

You HAVE to pay $5.00, there is no way around this. Do NOT tick "Privacy Act" and hope they will just process it without you having to pay; this will NOT work. You must pay $5.00 since you are requesting the info on behalf of your spouse, and your spouse is not residing in Canada.

Select which language you wish to receive your notes in, English or French. (These choices are under the "Privacy Act" sub-heading. Then tick the box which says "Receive copies of the Records." .

Fill out your spouse's information.

Under the next heading, "Request for-Required Information" box, tick the "CAIPS (information abroad)" box and write "The Canadian Embassy ........." under the "Embassy" sub-heading, and write the "Visa File No." in the appropriate box.

DO NOT check any other boxes in this section. Especially the "OVERSEAS VISA FILE" box. If you do this, they will pull your file aside, photocopy everything and send it to you.
It will not only take you forever to get the information, but they will also take your file out of the queue to process your request and therefore it will take LONGER !!! (CAIPS is just a computer printout of all the work done on your file so far. It will not affect the speed at which your visa office)

In the next heading, tick the box which says "This request is being made by a Canadian Citizen..." Fill out all of your information in this box, name, phone number, address, etc.

Sign and date.

3. Make out a cheque payable to the "Receiver General of Canada" for $5.00

Enclose the cheque in an envelope with the other forms, and a copy of your Canadian ID or a passport copy and send it to the address below:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Public Rights Administration
Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator
Narono Building
360 Laurier Avenue West, 10th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Tel.: (613) 957-6512
Fax: (613) 957-6517

Stumpedmom

Sep 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/03/2011 Receivd CPC-M
AOR Received.
16/06/2011
File Transfer...
06/05/2011 Received in Buffalo, 06/2011 to Los Angeles
Med's Done....
12/10/2010
Interview........
waived...obviously cuz we got the PPR
Passport Req..
16/8/2011
VISA ISSUED...
24/8/2011 in our hands 8/29/2011
LANDED..........
3/9/2011
r.k.priya said:
My suggestion would be no, you have already stated that you have not been in Canada for about 7 months already since you landed in 2010.

I would definately contact the MP, order the CAIPS/GCMS notes, and find out the status of your application. Seeing as you have not been in Canada for over half a year since you landed, it could be a risk with your PR application for your husband....jmo

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
hi!
so a little info on our situation and some questions... I'm a Canadian that is married to an American in 2006 and we have 3 children together and are living in the US. We are working on getting all of our paperwork together so we can all go up to Canada once the PR is done. I'm confused as to when on the paperwork our children are dependents and when they aren't. I haven't sent in for their Canadian citizenship cards yet and I'm wondering if we need to send for them before we send in all the paperwork or not. Thanks all!! Oh one last odd question... Anyone know why are there some countries that are processed in 4 months and others that take 20? Just curious :D

fever_08

Feb 13, 2010
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
06-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-12-2022
Med's Request
15-12-2022
Med's Done....
29-12-2022
Hi! My husband and I recently submitted my PR application. He is my sponsor. The thing that gets him worried is he's got a DUI a year ago. Would this affect his sponsorship or our whole application?

Thank you so much

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mameelynn said:
hi!
so a little info on our situation and some questions... I'm a Canadian that is married to an American in 2006 and we have 3 children together and are living in the US. We are working on getting all of our paperwork together so we can all go up to Canada once the PR is done. I'm confused as to when on the paperwork our children are dependents and when they aren't. I haven't sent in for their Canadian citizenship cards yet and I'm wondering if we need to send for them before we send in all the paperwork or not. Thanks all!! Oh one last odd question... Anyone know why are there some countries that are processed in 4 months and others that take 20? Just curious :D
You should apply for their citizenship cards. Ask for expedited processing based on your plans to move to Canada soon. As American citizens, they would only be tourists in Canada and you may have problems enrolling them in school and getting their health cards. The children should not be listed on your spouses IMM 0008 main immigration form because they are already citizens but they should be listed on the Additional family information form.

mikie

Star Member
Oct 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/11/2010
Med's Request
26/10/2011
Med's Done....
28/10/2011
My wife's medical has expired one month ago. Our file has been in process since october 2010. I emailed Damascus (septmber 2011) regarding status and they said: Please be advised that your wife's application is in queue for review by the responsible officer. When a decision is made or we require any additional information or documents, you or your spouse will be contacted.

noemek

Oct 23, 2011
Hi, I have a question, my fiance is a canadian citizen and I am a filipino but working in Singapore.He would like to apply for a spousal sponsor after we get married.Do I have to stay in the Philippines while waiting for my spousal visa? or can I still work in Singapore and just go back home to the Philippines whenever the Canadian embassy in the Philippines needs me.
thanks

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
noemek said:
Hi, I have a question, my fiance is a canadian citizen and I am a filipino but working in Singapore.He would like to apply for a spousal sponsor after we get married.Do I have to stay in the Philippines while waiting for my spousal visa? or can I still work in Singapore and just go back home to the Philippines whenever the Canadian embassy in the Philippines needs me.
thanks
You may continue working in Singapore. Please note that Manila will request your passport early in the process, so it may be best not to make any travel plans for a few months following your application.

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fever_08 said:
Hi! My husband and I recently submitted my PR application. He is my sponsor. The thing that gets him worried is he's got a DUI a year ago. Would this affect his sponsorship or our whole application?

Thank you so much
No, since he is the sponsor a DUI will not affect the application.

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
Hi guys,
I have an interview next week and may I ask a Q pls.
Is it possible to bring all my stuffs by memory stick? And also computer?
Cause I 'm a little worry for interview and some said interview request after PPR is the red flag.So I decided to bring all of our evidences of relationship.
Any respond by appreciate!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
fast said:
Hi guys,
Cause I 'm a little worry for interview and some said interview request after PPR is the red flag.So I decided to bring all of our evidences of relationship.
I think it's an excellent idea to bring additional evidence. However I would definitely print the additional evidence. I don't think they will allow a laptop into most visa offices for security reasons. The interviewer may also want to take the additional evidence you provide from you and add it to your file (and they don't accept evidence in electronic formats). Good luck at the interview!

rjessome

VIP Member
Feb 24, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fast said:
Hi guys,
NO. If you want to bring additional proof, bring hard copies.

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
scylla said:
I think it's an excellent idea to bring additional evidence. However I would definitely print the additional evidence. I don't think they will allow a laptop into most visa offices for security reasons. The interviewer may also want to take the additional evidence you provide from you and add it to your file (and they don't accept evidence in electronic formats). Good luck at the interview!
Thanks scylla!