+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

abeey16

Oct 18, 2011
Hi! I need some help! :( I want to sponsor my boyfriend, we've been together for 3 years. I am now here in Canada as a PR holder, I am not sure if Conjugal partner is the right sponsorship I can apply for him to live with me here. We have been long distance for a year now, and I cannot take this any longer. I want him to live in Canada with me. I don't know If I will go back home in the Philippines, and marry him first then sponsor him, or just sponsor him as my Conjugal partner? In either way, I am 22 years old and his 21, we don't want to engage in early marriage but we want to be together. We can marry once we are more years older, as of now, the important is we live together as a partner like a common law relationship, but the problem is we do not have any joint accounts or any joint properties yet. Help! :-[

Any advice, Please?

livin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
livin said:
congrats! hopefully your status changes soon to medical rec'vd! all this waiting is making me nervous
OMG OMG, :eek: :eek: :eek: MY husband rec'vd a call today regarding an interview for next month!!! CIC updated my status online this past Saturday, and today the call!! He was asked to go to pick up his interview letter and was also told to bring the police clearance with him to the interview, oh and also an email from them stating the same! I am so happy today, finally i can sleep a bit better! ;D

Amy612

Aug 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
N/A
Is there anyone who can help me? My case:
I returned in Canada as a returning PR on september and within 14 days I sent sponsorship application for my husband and son without any job here. Actually I couldnt wait util I get a job. Today I got a part time job offer and would like to send it. Is there any way I can send my job letter to misissauga? They have not yet started te processing.
thanks
Amy612

villacuba

Jan 5, 2011
Hi folks!
i have a question, i'm sponsering my wife now through inland process (to CIC Vigreville), she's from visa exempt country , once she got the AIP and OWP, can she travel to another country and work there while waiting on the PR ?

thanks in advance !
cheers ;)

hakri

Oct 15, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2011
AOR Received.
never :)
File Transfer...
08-09-2012
Med's Done....
22-12-2011
LANDED..........
24-09-2012 Vancouver
Frank25 said:
I really need some help. I came to Canada with a work permit for a year, my employer sold the company 5 months later and left me unemployed. my visa expires in december 2011, I would just like that some body could tell me what is my current status please..
You still have a temporary work permit . I guess it says you HAVE to work at that company. If you wanna stay: find a job, ask a work permit extension (electronic processing time: appr. 2 months ) . You can stay until Dec, 2011 without job. If you can not find job you can also ask to restore your visitor status, but I think it is useless...

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
villacuba said:
Hi folks!
i have a question, i'm sponsering my wife now through inland process (to CIC Vigreville), she's from visa exempt country , once she got the AIP and OWP, can she travel to another country and work there while waiting on the PR ?

thanks in advance !
cheers ;)
No, she must be living in Canada to qualify for inland processing. If she leaves and they find out, they can cancel her application. Better wait until she has the PR.

lovelex

Feb 27, 2011
guys, i'll be leaving to Canada tomorrow morning.
ask ko lng if i can bring tuyo duon?
di kya ako mahold because of that?

thanks!

jl_pamittan

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-JAN-2011
Doc's Request.
02-FEB-2011
File Transfer...
19-FEB-2011
Med's Done....
APRIL 2011
Passport Req..
02-FEB-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
SOON
hi im new here couldyou please enlighten me.

This is my timeline base on ecas.

Application Received

We received your application for permanent residence on January 25, 2011.

Medical results have been received.

CEManila application received Jan-25-2011
Passport Request: FEB-02-2011
Passsport Sent: FEB-19-2011
Medicals DONE: April-2011
Waiting for VISA until now.

Since then nothing has change at my ECAS... i dont know whats keeping the decision too long... what should i do? i already email cem but no reply.

jatinder430

Oct 5, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, need help

My wife has sponsered me in june'2011 and application is in process now.
My wife is coming to India in Nov'11, for 1 month.
My query is that, some one told me that if my wife email to CPC-M and told them that she is going to India for 1 month and wants to return to Canada with her Husband (With Me), then would it be help in processing our application faster? Can they issue me visa quickly, so that i can go to Canada with my wife?

Thanx in advance.

M

magpie

jatinder430 said:
Hi everyone, need help

My wife has sponsered me in june'2011 and application is in process now.
My wife is coming to India in Nov'11, for 1 month.
My query is that, some one told me that if my wife email to CPC-M and told them that she is going to India for 1 month and wants to return to Canada with her Husband (With Me), then would it be help in processing our application faster? Can they issue me visa quickly, so that i can go to Canada with my wife?

Thanx in advance.
No it will not help speed the process up.

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
villacuba said:
Hi folks!

thanks in advance !
cheers ;)
Once she has the OWP, she can work in canada to wait for the PR process to complete.

viro

Oct 19, 2011
I am trying to get some information and timelines and stuff about my husband's dponsorship application. Can anyone help?
Does anyone know how long it normally takes to get background checks and stuff like that done from the RCMP? My husband sent in his prints and everything back in may of 2011 and its almost 6 months and have not yet heard anything back. Also I sent in his sponsorship application since April of 2010 and the ended up sending it to the Visa office in Trinidad. We had an interview in March 2011. The waiting process is so stressfull. Does anyone have an idea on how much longer we have to wait before the checks are done or before he gets to come back to Canada. I also wanted to know if he will be able to travel and come to Canada for a month or two while his PR is in proces??...anything will help. Thnx!!!

Lechin

Oct 19, 2011
Hi there,

I've found a lot of useful information from your discussions.THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I would appreciate your advice on my case too.

I am currently using post graduate work permit, which will expire in early Dec 2011. My spouse is a Canadian citizen and we are going to submit our sponsorship application by the end of Nov. I will also submit the application to extend my work permit (actually i am not sure whether it means I am applying for the Open Work Permit)

I think I will get the "implied status" once I submit my application. But then come my questions:

I live in Ontario. Both my Ontario Health Insurance and Social Insurance card will be expired in Dec. 2011. Can I renew them before I get the Approal in Principle and Open Work Permit in 11 months?

What should I do if my employer ask me about my expired social insurance card? Can I still get paid?

Post Graduate Work Permit is also an open work permit. So I never deal with LMO, ect and have been doing part time work and having more than one employer. With my "implied status", does it mean that I still have my open work permit and can easily change my job or work for more than one employer?

I thank all of you for your insightful comments in advance.

Lechin

nikai

Oct 20, 2011
nikai said:
this is really an helpfull website... and im learning a lot... thanks for all your posts guys...
I really need some advice with my situation, i am a permanent resident and currently sponsoring my husband, we got married in California but our application will be process in the philippines.
The application was received on August 8, 2011 and right now they are working on applications received on that day. My concern is, I am 5 months pregnant now and due to deliver on february, I am alone and have no family here,(they are all still in the philippines)basically i dont have any help with the baby after i gave birth, being pregnant and away from your love ones is really hard and it scares me thinking that i will deliver the baby with no body with me, it really stressed me out. I know they have some rules to follow and certain time to process applications but would they consider speeding up the process for my husband's application and grant him the visa so he can join me here before i give birth. Is there anything I can do to make that happen...

thanks a lot,
Nikai