+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Sunshine152

Jul 22, 2023
By any chance, are you aware of the dates when was your eligibility started and finished?
We received pre arrival letter (on my spouse’s email) - also on the portal and the tracker - updated at the same time and date.
Then in the tracker the Eligibility changed to “complete”

UKCitizen007

Jul 17, 2023
Thank you! I think you are right. I will make a call then will apply for another OWP if there is no significant reply!
Have a nice evening!
You're not allowed to apply for two work permits at same time plus you'd have to cancel first one then pay 150 CAD again for second one lol

Sunshine152

Jul 22, 2023
By any chance, are you aware of the dates when was your eligibility started and finished?
For your more information, I saw the background verification after AOR in early May; at that time Eligibility said “Not start” -
Then we updated CSQ on 30 May, they received it the same date. Eligibility still “Not start”
21 July we got the pre arrival letter - Eligibility changed to “Complete”
Background verification is still “in progress”

Sunshine152

Jul 22, 2023
You're not allowed to apply for two work permits at same time plus you'd have to cancel first one then pay 150 CAD again for second one lol
Oh I didn’t know that, I applied for OWP together with the sponsorship application but there is no news about it yet even the sponsorship application is progressing. That’s why I will have to call IRCC to check on my OWP before applying another one.

Reactions: UKCitizen007

UKCitizen007

Jul 17, 2023
Oh I didn’t know that, I applied for OWP together with the sponsorship application but there is no news about it yet even the sponsorship application is progressing. That’s why I will have to call IRCC to check on my OWP before applying another one.
I'm on last stage got my AOR in MAY medical and Biometrics approved June pre arrival, Sponsor Approval and AIP was sent by letter in post June 30th.. just waiting on my BGC... then final decision

Reactions: Sunshine152

Sunshine152

Jul 22, 2023
Thank you sunshine! Hopefully you get your PR soon also :) whats you're timeline
My timeline:
Quebec - Inland - 1 dependent
Application 17 Dec
Medical in Jan, 23 Jan Completed
Biometric completed - it is already with my visitor visa which valid until 2025
Early Mar: Sponsor Approved - AOR
CSQ: Early May
AOR Early May (they sent it again because it seemed IRCC did not receive our CSQ from MIFI, I guess)
We uploaded our CSQ through webform, and they received in the same date 30 May
Pre-arrival letter 21 July

And I dont know when I will received news on AIP and other things because background verification is still in process.

Sunshine152

Jul 22, 2023
Do you know of they tell you when BGC starts? On tracker it says in progress.. but haven't received anything since AIP on June 30th
I don’t know, I just can see it is in progress in my tracker account, I don’t really know when it started and when it will end. But it happened even before the Eligibility check

UKCitizen007

Jul 17, 2023
I don’t know, I just can see it is in progress in my tracker account, I don’t really know when it started and when it will end. But it happened even before the Eligibility check
If the sponspor has been approved then you will be sent an aip in post once principle applicant has also had eligibility approved. Check your mail box most likely they have sent you a letter

Reactions: Sunshine152

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Depends you can only get an SOWP for some programs... if your partner is Canadian tho you apply for an OWP and if ur partner is a PR redisnet or on a study visa ect.. you apply for a SOWP. Both inland will take 145 days doesn't matter if it is Sowp or owp
Well... you just confirmed my statement :) No real alternatives

Sunshine152

Jul 22, 2023
If the sponspor has been approved then you will be sent an aip in post once principle applicant has also had eligibility approved. Check your mail box most likely they have sent you a letter
Yes, thank you. I just think I was confused about AOR is a sponsor approval letter.
I just got “Eligibility completed” on Fri last week so may be I will need to wait for a lil bit of time to receive AIP.
Thank you and have a nice Sunday! Hope you receive your PR very soon!

hoangnguyen864

Star Member
Apr 21, 2023
I received pre arrival services letter from Consulate General of Canada Visa Section Metropolitan Building 235, Dong Khoi Street, Suite 1002, District 1 Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam. how long to ppr. I received pre arrival services letter 9/6/22