Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
Tj777 said:
hi if its decision made is it mean Sponsor Approval?
Decision Made means a decision has been made. This could be either approval or denial. You should hear from them soon.

torvic

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
04-01-2014
File Transfer...
10-01-2014
Passport Req..
17-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-02-2014
LANDED..........
08-03-2014
Hi guys,

I'm an Aussie citizen who has lived in Toronto for the past two year, applying outland within the next two weeks. I just have a question about IMM5406 - Additional Family Information.

On the checklist (IMM3906 E), it says that "You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form." Is it assumed that they only mean the family members who are coming to Canada need to fill this out? I am the only one in my immediate family applying for this, so I can't understand why they would need to fill it all out.

Thanks

sue89

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa/Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ 18-6-2013
AOR Received.
14-05-2013
File Transfer...
25/09/2013
Med's Done....
25/03/2013
torvic said:
Hi guys,

I'm an Aussie citizen who has lived in Toronto for the past two year, applying outland within the next two weeks. I just have a question about IMM5406 - Additional Family Information.

On the checklist (IMM3906 E), it says that "You and each of your family members 18 years of age or older must complete their own copy of this form." Is it assumed that they only mean the family members who are coming to Canada need to fill this out? I am the only one in my immediate family applying for this, so I can't understand why they would need to fill it all out.

Thanks

yes only the members who are coming with u

atulmaini

Star Member
Nov 6, 2013
Chandigarh
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
18th March2014
AOR Received.
18 April 2014
File Transfer...
18 April 2014
Med's Done....
13th Nov 2013
Interview........
IP on 19th Sep and DM on 23rd Sep 2014
Passport Req..
22nd Sep 2014
VISA ISSUED...
1st Oct 2014
LANDED..........
very soon
Hi All,
I have two quaieries while filling Background Declaration form under Q7 about Education

1)In 10th class there is no particular field of study,so what should I mention in last column of Field of Study relating to 10th Class studies

2) There is a gap year in my studies as I was preparing for MBA from 2004-2005.No certificate or diploma was issued by coaching institute.Though I had mentioned Prepatory in field of Study but I am not sure about it
Please suggest

Thanks

iamlost

Nov 2, 2013
Hi there i have a little problem here when i first started of my relationship with my man we use to talk on the phone and i have a 4 months phone bill. But the problem is that he doesn't use that number anymore because his phone with the sim was stolen and because he's from bangladesh theres no way you can block a sim or report it theres no such system since mostly ppl only uses prepaid ones. And it is very important for me to submit those phone bills because before our marriege thats the only way we use to communicate. No emails or anything and after 4 months when he managed to get the internet all we did was talk on viber.
But anyways so my question is on his application form it says to give his phone number, so which numbers should he give and does the immigration call to check?? Because if the immigration calls his old number and some one else answers we might be in a big mess. pls help me

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
Hi everyone, Can you tell me. my boyfriend is Canadian resident and I am UK citizen. we are hoping to marry in florida in a registry office or somewhere small and intimate...this marriage will be legal wont it? He will then go back to Canada to start filling the sponsorship forms in and I will return to the UK. there will not be a problem will there with the Canadain authorities because we go married in Florida and not Canada

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
So...even if we have not actually lived together properly but been in a relation for nearly a year (but have had contact through the last 40 years ) all be it a long distance one with a couple of visits to me - we can get married in florida and then my usband can sponsor me. Also How would it be possible for me to stay with him whilst my sponsorship is in progress - or could I not do that!!! thankin you for your help

Catou

Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
22-11-2013
LANDED..........
Very soon.
iamlost said:
Hi there i have a little problem here when i first started of my relationship with my man we use to talk on the phone and i have a 4 months phone bill. But the problem is that he doesn't use that number anymore because his phone with the sim was stolen and because he's from bangladesh theres no way you can block a sim or report it theres no such system since mostly ppl only uses prepaid ones. And it is very important for me to submit those phone bills because before our marriege thats the only way we use to communicate. No emails or anything and after 4 months when he managed to get the internet all we did was talk on viber.
But anyways so my question is on his application form it says to give his phone number, so which numbers should he give and does the immigration call to check?? Because if the immigration calls his old number and some one else answers we might be in a big mess. pls help me
Where it asks for his phone number on the forms he must give his current phone number. If CIC need to phone him for any reason (they might do an interview by phone, for example) then that number is the one they need.

His old phone number is only relevant to your relationship evidence. If you are worried that CIC might not realise the phone number was his one at the time then just add a separate piece of paper and explain that those calls were made to his previous phone number. If you have logs from your Viber messages you can export those and print them to send too.

Jamesantos

Nov 8, 2013
Hello. I just need an opinion about what to do if i want to sponsor a person. Im a permanent resident since nov last year. I had a job as a customer service rep in one of the known retail stores. Im planning to sponsor my boyfriend who resides in the philippines. Weve beeen in a relationship for 7 years already. Shared a bank account in the philippines upto now. Travelled together and even live in the same house with his parents for 4 years or more. But due to circumstances in the philippines that same sex relationship are not that accepted, we opted tokeep our relationship private. I send him money once in a while for his tuition fee and for certain occasions like birthday or christmas. My question is,, 1. What category should we belong? Common law or conjugal? 2. What are the steps so that i can sponsor him to be here with with me. 3. Is there any financial requirements for me to be qualified as a sponsor? 4. Is there any time table when i can start my application? Thank you. Hope you can enlighten my querries.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesantos said:
Hello. I just need an opinion about what to do if i want to sponsor a person. Im a permanent resident since nov last year. I had a job as a customer service rep in one of the known retail stores. Im planning to sponsor my boyfriend who resides in the philippines. Weve beeen in a relationship for 7 years already. Shared a bank account in the philippines upto now. Travelled together and even live in the same house with his parents for 4 years or more. But due to circumstances in the philippines that same sex relationship are not that accepted, we opted tokeep our relationship private. I send him money once in a while for his tuition fee and for certain occasions like birthday or christmas. My question is,, 1. What category should we belong? Common law or conjugal? 2. What are the steps so that i can sponsor him to be here with with me. 3. Is there any financial requirements for me to be qualified as a sponsor? 4. Is there any time table when i can start my application? Thank you. Hope you can enlighten my querries.
1. If you lived together for more than 12 months immediately before you applied for your PR or landed as a PR, you would be common law. However, that puts you in a sticky situation because according to immigration rules, you should have claimed your boyfriend on your application as your common law partner. Failing to do that is seen as misrepresentation by immigration and would bar you from ever sponsoring him as well as it may even cost you your own PR.

If you however lived together off and one but you had not lived together for 12 months when you applied for your immigration and you also did not reach living together for 12 months before you landed as a PR, you would not have been eligible to include him as a common law partner in which case you have no problem with immigration and could sponsor him now as a conjugal.

2. You would need to fill out a sponsorship application and he would have to fill out some forms for himself.

3. There is no specific income requirement to sponsor a partner but immigration should not think you will end up on welfare so you should show at least some income and you can't be on welfare when you apply.

4. You can start the application whenever you are ready.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
Can someone please answer my question above on page 792???

Any advice at all would be great please?

yumeryuu

Jan 29, 2013
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2012
Hey Micmac, I ran back and checked. Although I haven't had that specific situation happen, I know if you gather ALL the info you need and send it in before 45 days, you should be ok.

I had a 45 day cap on some paperwork I needed to send it, I sent it and it made it on day 44. But I haven't heard back from immigration since and this was in May, 2013. My husband's file is still in process...

florida14

Nov 4, 2013
HiI posted something yesterday but I don't know where posted it but in my emails it said I had a reply from micmac101 I think but Im nw to this so I don't really how to post or find my replies. Anyway I was asking - if I marry in florida then come back to uk and my hubby goes back to Canada and applies for outland sponsorship. There is no way I can stay with him anyway is there until the sponsorship is complete - as I understand it I can just for about 3-4 months as a tourist.....Can I? and can I say that I am visiting my husband as he is sponsoring me - also I will hae a return ticket so would that suffice.

ladybugclh

Oct 13, 2013
I have some curious questions...more so to put my husbands mind at ease.....as far as passport request will they ask for that if they are going to deny you permanent residence....and question 2...according to the gcms notes his file started to be in process oct 31....any idea as to a general time frame as to when it will become decision made....thanks for everyone's help.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
florida14 said:
HiI posted something yesterday but I don't know where posted it but in my emails it said I had a reply from micmac101 I think but Im nw to this so I don't really how to post or find my replies. Anyway I was asking - if I marry in florida then come back to uk and my hubby goes back to Canada and applies for outland sponsorship. There is no way I can stay with him anyway is there until the sponsorship is complete - as I understand it I can just for about 3-4 months as a tourist.....Can I? and can I say that I am visiting my husband as he is sponsoring me - also I will hae a return ticket so would that suffice.
UK passport holders are visa exempt. In general, visa exempt holders can come to Canada as visitors while their application is in process. You are subject to the normal scrutiny of any visitor ("will you leave at the end of your visit") so you need to have a return ticket and ties to your country. CBSA is generally fairly lenient in such cases though.

Make sure to bring evidence of the sponsorship with you - ideally the sponsor approval letter, but at least the fee paid receipt.