N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
class action said:
Hi All, (I am not a lawyer, just another person looking to make a change)

I read some posts and would like to suggest that; please get united and raise a class action suit on the basis of cultural and religious discrimination and human rights. As the processing time for spousal sponsorship for India is 10 months (usually it takes less than that) and is a lot less in any other non-muslim countries.

If we really want to make a difference then, this blog is not sufficient. All of you and more need to get connected and go through the legal system.
As i don't see any reason for this long processing time; and i am comparing it to the neighboring country (no offense to Indians, as i would want it to be even lower than 10 months).

Once again blogging can help a social issue, please get together and try to find the permanent solution.

As i have seen so many families just NOT even considering to bring anyone form Pakistan for their children and siblings; AND i am one of them.

I just hope that we could be able to create a positive outcome, for the future generation.

thanks and good luck!!!!
Processing times are long for many reasons. You need to be able to prove there is sufficient evidence to support your claim for discrimination.

Near as I can figure from my own experience processing times are long due to volume. More applications than visa officers to process them. The Federal Government keeps closing visa offices abroad. I'm sure there are many others factors that compound the delays. Doubtful a lawsuit would merit any positive outcome. You need to lobby government and bring your issue to the media to illicit any response. First you need to vote out the Conservatives. That is a step in the right direction.

class action

May 7, 2013
CanadianJeepGuy said:
Processing times are long for many reasons. You need to be able to prove there is sufficient evidence to support your claim for discrimination.

Near as I can figure from my own experience processing times are long due to volume. More applications than visa officers to process them. The Federal Government keeps closing visa offices abroad. I'm sure there are many others factors that compound the delays. Doubtful a lawsuit would merit any positive outcome. You need to lobby government and bring your issue to the media to illicit any response. First you need to vote out the Conservatives. That is a step in the right direction.
I agree with you, that lobbing is an avenue, although the processing time in Pakistan is unusually high and there are factors that leads to discrimination.

thanks!

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JeepGuy,

I replied a few min ago I don't know if you had a chance to see it, I also just checked re: the Police reports and Medical. Medical apparently is good for 12mths and Police Report 3mths. The VO for Albania is Italy, for PR the average waiting time says 14mths. How do I send my application in with Police reports and Medical if by the time he gets PR they are expired? :p :p :p LOL

Also if you could kindly read my previous reply regarding the forms it would really help me ::)

Thank U :D

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IvanP said:
Here's the process:
You file a complete application with CIC.
You are approved as a sponsor by CIC.
You send your CIC sponsorship approval letter with your Quebec Selection Certificate application to MICC.
In about a month, MICC will send you the approved CSQ, and simultaneously send a copy of the CSQ to CIC.
There's a good chance CIC will lose the CSQ, so it's not a bad idea to scan a copy and email it to your visa office.
After a few-to-many months, your partner will receive a passport request.
Once the VO has the passport, it will issue the visa.

That's the process in a nutshell, if it goes smoothly. It would probably be a very good idea for your boyfriend to request a police certificate from Greece BEFORE he leaves for Albania, and from Albania as soon as he arrives.

Hi Ivan,

Thank you!
I am VERY confused as to WHICH forms I have to send in initially, on the CIC website for Outland , the undertaking forms are part of the entire package...but I keep reading that apparently for Quebec We have to send the "sponsorship" and "PR" forms first, then receive the Quebec Selection THEN proceed with undertaking.

So I am not sure WHAT TO initially send as the first package?(forms) On the site it says these 2 packages : Part 1: Sponsorship forms & Part 2: Immigration forms. On the Doc checklist it says to send Undertaking whereas I keep reading the opposite ??? This is why I am really confused.... :(

Basically I would really appreciate someone tell me where /which are the forms I need to send.
thanks
Kathy
We're headed to Montreal as well - planning to move this summer in July or August. We're at the final stage waitong for the COPRs (visas) for my family (I'm the sponsor).

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
MORENA75 said:
Hello Ivan / CanadianJeepGuy-

First off - THANK YOU for bothering to reply so fast. :D

Now here is the part where I look stupid ... :p

I am going to apply Outland SO: can anyone please confirm that what I need to send initially is:
AKA: Part 1: Sponsorship forms & Part 2: Immigration forms ? *** I cannot post the link I'm a newbie :'(

Part 1: Sponsorship forms
Guide to sponsorship [IMM 3900]

Forms

Document Checklist [IMM 5491] (PDF, 159 KB)
Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking [IMM 1344] (PDF, 356 KB)
Sponsorship Evaluation [IMM 5481] (PDF, 110 KB)
Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union [IMM 5409] (PDF, 97 KB)
Sponsor Questionnaire [IMM 5540] (PDF, 160 KB)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB)

Part 2: Immigration forms
Guide to Immigrating [IMM 3999]

Forms

Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 536 KB)
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 472 KB)
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 170 KB)
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 88 KB)
Sponsored Spouse/Partner Questionnaire [IMM 5490] (PDF, 142 KB)
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 55 KB)

Second, when I do send ALL forms above I must send his Greek Police and Albanian Police Clearance along with medical - Right? (anyone can confirm how long the above docs are valid for?)

So IF I have understood well so far. LOL I have to send the Part 1: Sponsorship forms & Part 2: Immigration forms , with medical and police reports to Missaussaga? (and of course everything that is mentioned in the checklists in the forms)

My problem so far is I DID not know WHAT forms I needed to send first hand at first. If indeed for Outland Quebec the required forms are ALL the ones above, I think I actually just understood 50% of the process in 2 minutes. :p

And then I wait for the Selection Qc Certificate and proceed as they instruct me from then on?

Again THANKS
Kathy
Yes, you send the whole package - sponsor application and immigrant application - all at once at the beginning to Mississauga. CIC will then approve you as the sponsor (hopefully in 30 days or so), and then while you are waiting for the visa office to get around to reviewing the immigrant's application, you apply for the CSQ. Quebec is really pretty efficient - it reliably takes about 30-35 days for the CSQ. It won't slow down the process because the immigrant application is in the queue concurrently with the processing of the CSQ.

You don't need to worry about police certificates expiring so long as they are not expired when CIC actually receives them. Medicals can expire if the processing takes a long time, but the VO can choose either to extend them or - worst case - make him get them done again.

Hope this was helpful!

IvanP

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
MORENA75 said:
JeepGuy,

I replied a few min ago I don't know if you had a chance to see it, I also just checked re: the Police reports and Medical. Medical apparently is good for 12mths and Police Report 3mths. The VO for Albania is Italy, for PR the average waiting time says 14mths. How do I send my application in with Police reports and Medical if by the time he gets PR they are expired? :p :p :p LOL

Also if you could kindly read my previous reply regarding the forms it would really help me ::)

Thank U :D
That's right they do expire. Though depending on where and when you get the medical CIC can extend them so long as they have not exceeded 15 months and are the only thing holding up the visa being awarded.

Greek Police clearance should be ok so long as he does not go back to Greece while your application is pending and he is in Albania so getting another one should not be a big issue. I personally have not heard of anyone having to resend police clearances unless they have a history.

In my case CIC had lost some of my application during stage 1 and I have been unable to find out what if anything else has been lost. We have finally made it to the PPR stage so I'm thinking everything was ok.

Ivan has made some great posts for you. Take your time filling out the application and above all else don't panic. Most of us did all our own applications.

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THANK YOU IVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-* ;D

Any tips would be appreciated btw ;) Because everything was in "my" name while we were together in Greece, my relationship proof consists of 7yrs of photos, mail when he or I travelled (air mail), Facebook chats, posts, pics, phone bills proving we "talked" , travel/trip tickets coinciding with photos. I hope this is sufficient. ???

I was also wondering regarding the "letters" from family/or friends proving/stating they know of our genuine relationship, do they really have to be notarized and are they only submitted from the sponsored persons side?

Thank you so much, I have been at this since this morning today and its almost 5am here and I was about to break my laptop screen :-X :-X :-X VERY appreciated! :D

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
MORENA75 said:
THANK YOU IVAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-* ;D

Any tips would be appreciated btw ;) Because everything was in "my" name while we were together in Greece, my relationship proof consists of 7yrs of photos, mail when he or I travelled (air mail), Facebook chats, posts, pics, phone bills proving we "talked" , travel/trip tickets coinciding with photos. I hope this is sufficient. ???

I was also wondering regarding the "letters" from family/or friends proving/stating they know of our genuine relationship, do they really have to be notarized and are they only submitted from the sponsored persons side?

Thank you so much, I have been at this since this morning today and its almost 5am here and I was about to break my laptop screen :-X :-X :-X VERY appreciated! :D
All of your evidence is good I think. You may want to include a few of the letters from family if you could also include the envelope it would include the postmark and the time/date it was mailed. If not save those should they request any additional documents. You can attach a written explanation of how you met and the things that have made you remain together.

My own application was very succinct. I didn't flood them with tons of photos and stuff. Just the main things that would corroborate the info in the applications.

This is a great forum. There are many very knowledgeable people here and you should never feel shy about asking any questions. The process is pretty confusing at first glance. Once it starts making sense then you know you have been here too long.

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianJeepGuy Thank you too for all your assistance ;D, I was so frustrated and felt so dumb that I was considering paying some lawyer to get this over with and could not understand why I could simply not understand what everyone was discussing on the forum so a matter of a factly :p Yes Ivan helped me a lot so did you, and think, I have been "reading" CIC over and over for mths and could not figure out NADA :eek: (^Q@#%@$! :p
[img]
Thank you both again!!!!!!! :-*

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
MORENA75 said:
CanadianJeepGuy Thank you too for all your assistance ;D, I was so frustrated and felt so dumb that I was considering paying some lawyer to get this over with and could not understand why I could simply not understand what everyone was discussing on the forum so a matter of a factly :p Yes Ivan helped me a lot so did you, and think, I have been "reading" CIC over and over for mths and could not figure out NADA :eek: (^Q @ #% @ $! :p
[img]
[/quote]

One last suggestion. Once you get back to Quebec try to find an immigrant resource centre close to you. Not CIC but a not for profit centre for new immigrants. They have staff that assist people with immigration forms. I know they review provincial nominee applications prior to sending them in. There is no fee to join and they can help your husband with free English or French classes, job seeking and resume writing.

This is the one in Manitoba. There should be a Quebec equivalent.

http://icmanitoba.com/

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
MORENA75 said:
CanadianJeepGuy Thank you too for all your assistance ;D, I was so frustrated and felt so dumb that I was considering paying some lawyer to get this over with and could not understand why I could simply not understand what everyone was discussing on the forum so a matter of a factly :p Yes Ivan helped me a lot so did you, and think, I have been "reading" CIC over and over for mths and could not figure out NADA :eek: (^Q @ #% @ $! :p
[img]
[/quote]

Don't feel bad or dumb - the forms are not intuitive, and the instructions are often very confusing. My wife and I are both lawyers (not immigration lawyers) and we found a lot of the instructions to be contradictory and unhelpful. And like CanadianJeepGuy, we put together a complete application, and CIC lost at least part of it, and failed to match our CSQs with our file.

MORENA75

May 7, 2013
Greece
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ivan, :D

How can they make something so simple seem SO complicated, I cannot :D get over it, the time I have spent reading on this I would have gotten a PHD lol, and you guys explained it to me in 5 min. ;D

CanadianJeepGuy, ;D

Yes I know in Mtl we have a few places for the French language, english he will improve in no time there :p someone to assist me on filing the applications I will have to check again once I arrive, everyone that was claiming to be free that I found online either was not or told me they could not give me any help or info cos I was not in Montreal at the moment :mad: ::)

IvanP

Champion Member
Jul 24, 2012
CA-Montréal
Visa Office......
Montreal-citizenship
App. Filed.......
25-09-2017
CanadianJeepGuy said:
One last suggestion. Once you get back to Quebec try to find an immigrant resource centre close to you. Not CIC but a not for profit centre for new immigrants. They have staff that assist people with immigration forms. I know they review provincial nominee applications prior to sending them in. There is no fee to join and they can help your husband with free English or French classes, job seeking and resume writing.

This is the one in Manitoba. There should be a Quebec equivalent.

http://icmanitoba.com/
Another good point by CanadianJeepGuy.

Free French instruction for immigrants is a huge benefit of the CSQ - here's the link for Quebec immigrants: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/fr/immigrer-installer/parrains-parraines/facilite-integration/programmes-services/cours-francais.html

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
MORENA75 said:
Ivan, :D

How can they make something so simple seem SO complicated, I cannot :D get over it, the time I have spent reading on this I would have gotten a PHD lol, and you guys explained it to me in 5 min. ;D

CanadianJeepGuy, ;D

Yes I know in Mtl we have a few places for the French language, english he will improve in no time there :p someone to assist me on filing the applications I will have to check again once I arrive, everyone that was claiming to be free that I found online either was not or told me they could not give me any help or info cos I was not in Montreal at the moment :mad: ::)
Its complicated because its government and policy gets set by politicians not immigration professionals. You may notice that when you try click on some of the contact links they eventually bring you back to the same page you started off in and not providing any contact information. I am of the opinion the first immigration test is learning to navigate their website. The call centre will tell you all the info you need is there but when you ask them to help you find it they will find and excuse to find your tone threatening and then disconnect the call.
Ivan and his wife are both lawyers and I'm a mailman. Both found the process lacking clarity so if you are feeling stupid then you are no more stupid than the rest of us.