+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

KIM1960

Nov 19, 2012
What is a deadline to fill additional documents?

From my point of view I sent the appeal request, they call me and give his file number and I have 60 days again to sent additional documents that support application.

Am I right?

Should I apply for TD for him to attend the hearing if he is not here more than 375 days?

What reason?

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
North Shore of New Brunswick
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
Husband arrived October 17,2014
To all members of the Forum.

I don't know if other members wrote to MP Jason Kenney or not but I wrote to him in September 04/12 and just a reply today.

This is in reply to your e-mail of September 4, 2012, addressed to the Honourable Jason Kenney, Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism, concerning the application for permanent residence of your husband. We apologize for the delay in responding.

We realize that you are looking forward to being reunited with husband wife in Canada. Family reunification is a priority of Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). Accordingly, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. However, it is a two-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the visa officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

The many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as we would like. As you know, individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application.

CIC conducts background checks in partnership with outside agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Any delays or requirements that these agencies may require in providing input are something over which we have no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, the applicant is required to update their results.

The need for further analysis of some cases by immigration and/or visa officials can also result in further delays. Incomplete applications, failure to provide additional information, complexity of a case, difficulty in communicating with an applicant(s) or accompanying or non-accompanying dependant(s), postal or courier service delays, previous dealings with Canadian immigration officials, inadmissibility issues (criminality, medical condition) can also contribute to processing delays. Multiple residences and/or employment, education, business dealings, or military service in different geographical areas, can significantly delay the background clearance process. In this situation, clearances or verifications of documents must be obtained from different issuing authorities in many jurisdictions. Because of the variables involved, it is often impossible to predict the amount of time it will take to complete an application

Our records show that your husband’s application for permanent residence was referred to the visa office in Islamabad for processing on November 30, 2010, and is currently in progress. Current statistics based on historical processing data indicate that officers in Amman are finalizing 80% of applications in this category in approximately 26 months from the date of receipt of the completed application. Therefore, it appears that this application is proceeding normally with no unexpected or unwarranted delays. Further information on processing times can be found on CIC’s Web site at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp.

This is what I cannot figure out: His case arrived there in Islamabad Oct21/10.
Also who or what is Amman?

Can someone help me in this question?

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Amman is the VO of I presume Jordan. By your post, they assume you are applying through Jordan.

Not sure why Amman has relevance to your case if you are going through Islamabad. Very confusing.

Güzelyol

Aug 24, 2012
micmac101 said:
Our records show that your husband's application for permanent residence was referred to the visa office in Islamabad for processing on November 30, 2010, and is currently in progress. Current statistics based on historical processing data indicate that officers in Amman are finalizing 80% of applications in this category in approximately 26 months from the date of receipt of the completed application. Therefore, it appears that this application is proceeding normally with no unexpected or unwarranted delays. Further information on processing times can be found on CIC's Web site at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/fc-spouses.asp.

Can someone help me in this question?
This looks like a stupid copy/paste mistake. They simply forgot to change the second occurrence of the visa office location in the last paragraph. Maybe they also forgot to change the date. This shows you they send the same email to everyone contacting them about a specific case. You can assume that someone dealing with Amman received an email from Jason Kenney just before you.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
R151NG5UN said:
Amman is the VO of I presume Jordan. By your post, they assume you are applying through Jordan.

Not sure why Amman has relevance to your case if you are going through Islamabad. Very confusing.
Yes thats what I thought too

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
micmac101 said:
Yes thats what I thought too
What a generic copy/paste reply. I hate when our public servants can't even take time to genuinely help us.

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
micmac101 said:
What's the problem?
October 21, 2010 + 26 months = December 21, 2012.

That means it hasn't been 26 months yet, which means you should not have any reason to be concerned.

Also, keep in mind that the processing time of 26 months is for 80% of applications which are received in absolutely perfect condition, and require no further clarification/additions/corrections, etc etc etc. So assuming you submitted a perfect application, you should expect to receive an answer sometime between now and May/June of 2013.

micmac101 said:
There are two possibilities here:

1) Amman is the capital of Jordan.
2) Amman is married to Awwoman.

micmac101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2010
LANDED..........
tuyen said:
What's the problem?
October 21, 2010 + 26 months = December 21, 2012.

That means it hasn't been 26 months yet, which means you should not have any reason to be concerned.

Also, keep in mind that the processing time of 26 months is for 80% of applications which are received in absolutely perfect condition, and require no further clarification/additions/corrections, etc etc etc. So assuming you submitted a perfect application, you should expect to receive an answer sometime between now and May/June of 2013.

Well if you read it it said they received his file in Nov?10 when in fact they received it in Oct/12. And he had his interview in June/12 and still no word and his medical and background check expired last year.

In their reply it says the client can update his medical and background check if it expires so thats what he is going to do.
I don't think you read it right and I know its 25 months and it will be 26 next month Dec/12 as it was myself who filed the application.

H

hiabbydear

Hi,

I wanted to know. I was on Refugee status and I was arrested and removed from Canada this year. After returning we filled for spouse application and Since I came back to my country, My partner visited me in my home country and we also went to other country for Tourism. My Partner she is Canadian and working in Toronto.

Since, I was deported so I need to apply for ARN. - Anyone knows how long it takes ? and also If I travel to US. Will it problem for me to gain entry as I am not sure if Canadian and US immigration share Data of Refugee.

Your comments will be appreciate.

Regards

tuyen

Oct 19, 2012
Tronna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
micmac101 said:
I don't think you read it right and I know its 25 months and it will be 26 next month Dec/12 as it was myself who filed the application.
I read it exactly as you wrote it.

This is what you wrote:

"Our records show that your husband's application for permanent residence was referred to the visa office in Islamabad for processing on November 30, 2010"

...and then a few lines down, you said:

"This is what I cannot figure out: His case arrived there in Islamabad Oct21/10. "

So what's the difference? The MP says they received it on November 30, 2010...and you're saying they received it on October 21, 2010. The difference is 40 days - definitely not a big deal.

As I said - the timeline of 26 months is for processing 80% of all cases. That means there are an additional 20% of cases which are NOT processed in 26 months, and those additional 20% of cases can take up to 32 months.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
tuyen said:

I died laughing at this

lucky4canada

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04th Dec, 2012
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
19th Dec, 2012
IELTS Request
N.A.
File Transfer...
15th Jan, 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Passport Req..
28th feb, 2013
Hi pls tell me whether photographs of Sponsor also need to be send with application or not. Or only photo of the persons who have to immigrate need to be send i.e. principal applicant and dependents only.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
lucky4canada said:
Hi pls tell me whether photographs of Sponsor also need to be send with application or not. Or only photo of the persons who have to immigrate need to be send i.e. principal applicant and dependents only.
Just those who are going to immigrate here. The sponsor does not need to.

lucky4canada

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04th Dec, 2012
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
19th Dec, 2012
IELTS Request
N.A.
File Transfer...
15th Jan, 2013
Med's Done....
yes
Passport Req..
28th feb, 2013
thnx Parker
parker24 said:
Just those who are going to immigrate here. The sponsor does not need to.