+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

Nura24

May 8, 2024
I'd suggest reading the instructions. But while that's not a lot depending on market, would likely not come up as an issue preventing sponsorship.

Note, if your spouse plans to work (and esp if anything more cncrete) you can refer to her work earnings.
Ok thank you very much for your help. I did read that i can't have a cosigner for a spousal sponsorship but i just thought other rules might apply if she has dependant children. Couldn't find that anywhere though lol :) ty

ABWAQAR

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Hi folks - Need some advice.
My wife has been on a visit to Canada for over six months now. I have her extended stay approved. She went through her medical in Canada but due to a nudle in her lungs, IRCC asked to conduct another medical after three months.

During this period, my wife got pregnant. So now, we don't want to continue the chest X-ray due to pregnancy. we have informed our IRCC medical doctor in Canada about the pregnancy. The IRCC doctor said she would inform to the IRCC about and they will send us another date for the chest x-ray. The IRCC doctor said we don't need to inform this IRCC.

My question is should we also inform to IRCC directly or only rely on the doctor to inform the pregnancy to IRCC? since our IRCC doctor is dealing with our medical test and results. please share your thoughts on this. Thank you!
Hi everyone - just reporting my query, since I have not received any reply on it. Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi folks - Need some advice.
My wife has been on a visit to Canada for over six months now. I have her extended stay approved. She went through her medical in Canada but due to a nudle in her lungs, IRCC asked to conduct another medical after three months.

During this period, my wife got pregnant. So now, we don't want to continue the chest X-ray due to pregnancy. we have informed our IRCC medical doctor in Canada about the pregnancy. The IRCC doctor said she would inform to the IRCC about and they will send us another date for the chest x-ray. The IRCC doctor said we don't need to inform this IRCC.

My question is should we also inform to IRCC directly or only rely on the doctor to inform the pregnancy to IRCC? since our IRCC doctor is dealing with our medical test and results. please share your thoughts on this. Thank you!
There's no way to answer this, because it depends on the doctor and your level of trust of that doctor. (Probably most are reliable in this regard, but completely general answer).

My answer would be that advising IRCC via webform that the applicant is pregnant and will need to delay the chest x-ray until later a) wont' take long, and b) won't hurt to inform them yourselves.

It will delay processing of your app, of course.

Reactions: ABWAQAR

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ok thank you very much for your help. I did read that i can't have a cosigner for a spousal sponsorship but i just thought other rules might apply if she has dependant children. Couldn't find that anywhere though lol :) ty
If you're asking questions to which you've already found an answer and want to check 'just in case', it would be more polite w/r/t the time of others to simply state that.

Nura24

May 8, 2024
If you're asking questions to which you've already found an answer and want to check 'just in case', it would be more polite w/r/t the time of others to simply state that.
I did state that in my initial message. Like mentioned in that message, the answer i found was that i can't have a cosigner for spousal sponsorship. Since i'm not sponsoring only my spouse but her two dependant children i was just wondering if there might be a clause i might have overlooked that allows a cosigner in that case.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I did state that in my initial message. Like mentioned in that message, the answer i found was that i can't have a cosigner for spousal sponsorship. Since i'm not sponsoring only my spouse but her two dependant children i was just wondering if there might be a clause i might have overlooked that allows a cosigner in that case.
no co-signer for your case. As far as I know, only parents and grandparents sponsorship can have the sponsor's spouse or common law partner as co-signer.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You're right, I jumped over that in your first post. Mea culpa.

Hoangpham3348

Dec 13, 2023
I'd suggest reading the instructions. But while that's not a lot depending on market, would likely not come up as an issue preventing sponsorship.

Note, if your spouse plans to work (and esp if anything more cncrete) you can refer to her work earnings.
My spouse who is sponsoring me has a minimum wage job and her hour is being cut while I am working full-time to earn and can support myself under maintained status after my WP application (applied through LMIA) from expired PGWP. Please let me know if she is eligible to be the sponsor.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
My spouse who is sponsoring me has a minimum wage job and her hour is being cut while I am working full-time to earn and can support myself under maintained status after my PGWP application (applied through LMIA). Please let me know if she is eligible to be the sponsor.
Again, there is no specific minimum or financial requirement. The sponsor is expected to demonstrate that they can support the applicant (and dependants). BUT: the extent to which an applicant NEEDS support (eg if the applicant works or expects to work or is independently wealthy or whatever) is part of the assessment of whether the sponsor is capable of supporting.

Reactions: Hoangpham3348

Hoangpham3348

Dec 13, 2023
If I do have a representative help me work on the application and they already have all the support documents. Does my wife need to do anything or it is just me has to do the Medical check and Biometric?

If my presentative is very busy with other cases, is there a way for me to check the status of the application?

Sam2077

Apr 28, 2024
I (sponsor) submitted my application for spousal PR sponsorship under family class on April 15 2024 and got the AOR email on April 24 2024.

It has been more than 2 weeks now. Still haven't received the Biometrics, Medical emails from IRCC. What options do I have now? Shall I try calling IRCC?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I (sponsor) submitted my application for spousal PR sponsorship under family class on April 15 2024 and got the AOR email on April 24 2024.

It has been more than 2 weeks now. Still haven't received the Biometrics, Medical emails from IRCC. What options do I have now? Shall I try calling IRCC?
Just wait.

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022

it's not a 2 weeks process! You need to wait.

Noureddine2022

Star Member
Apr 14, 2022
guys if visa office asked for additional documents as Imm5669 and certificate of police clearance is that means i will not have interview ? my application submitted june 2022 outland quebec

Noorz85

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Hello friends need urgent help please!

We have already submitted our MRC (Marriage Registration Certificate) from Nadra but now they are asking us to provide with a certified and notarized translation of Nikkah Nama
Where I can find certified translator in Islamabad/Pakistan?

Waiting thanks!