+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousal sponsorship

CBarr

Star Member
Jul 26, 2020
Another example of wrong\ misleading information. Visitor visa applicant don't have to go for a medical examination. IME stands for Immigrant Medical Examination. Visitor are never ever classified as immigrant. When one applies for a PR then only they are required to undergo a non EDE medical examination. Spousal sponsorship applicant i.e. the PA has to undergo an EDE medical examination. Both these examination have different evaluation criteria.
I did in fact link to the relevant information with more details about those specifications though. It's literally linked in the "5 years" portion of my reply:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

And to make it even more complete, there are visitors that might be required an IME just to visit Canada, just like the PR IME:

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1368&top=16

And if anyone wants to read other scenarios they can find them listed here: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/exam/who-must-submit-immigration-medical-examination.html

And I know about this because I have met people who sponsored their parents for PR and their medical examination was waived because they had already done their IME for their visitor visa in the past and it was still valid at the time of their application.

But please, by all means, do keep showing us yet more examples of wrong/misleading information without posting a single official link supporting your statements, unlike me.

PS: I am not stating that I am right, but that is the general conclusion I came to based on my personal experience and available oficial public information.

Reactions: Home_13579

marakh

Mar 13, 2023
Hello everyone,

I am living in Quebec and am sponsoring my wife (Outland). I received an email in February, saying AOR was received Feb 22, as well as Sponsor approval, along with the letter to send to MIFI (Quebec immigration). This was all done in Sydney Nova Scotia office. However, my wife has not received any emails yet as to her PR application (which has been sent by CIC to Pretoria South Africa for the next steps). Is this normal ? Also, I tried to link her file to GCKey but it is not finding the application. Any help would be appreciated!

Reactions: Charbk

namushyuu

Star Member
Nov 29, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, a quick question,
I just applied for GCMS notes, and I did not have to pay anything. I thought there was a $5 fee for ordering the GCMS notes. I just wanted to make sure I filled out the right form. However, for the means of delivery, I chose email. Could that have waived the fee?

I went to the following link and followed the step: I did it for the student visa refusal outside Canada.

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

Please let me know.

Thanks in advance!!!

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Previously my husband and I applied for PR and was approved for both of us. I came to live in Canada. He didn't keep his PR status because didn't live in Canada for two years in 5-year period. Now I wanna sponsor him for PR. he renounced PR previously because he needed to apply for visitor visa.

Question:
do I need to disclose in my spouse sponsorship immigration application that he had PR status previously?

Flyingfast

Feb 9, 2022
Previously my husband and I applied for PR and was approved for both of us. I came to live in Canada. He didn't keep his PR status because didn't live in Canada for two years in 5-year period. Now I wanna sponsor him for PR. he renounced PR previously because he needed to apply for visitor visa.

Question:
do I need to disclose in my spouse sponsorship immigration application that he had PR status previously?
Of course! What even makes you question this?

PMN

Star Member
May 29, 2022
Hello everyone,

I am living in Quebec and am sponsoring my wife (Outland). I received an email in February, saying AOR was received Feb 22, as well as Sponsor approval, along with the letter to send to MIFI (Quebec immigration). This was all done in Sydney Nova Scotia office. However, my wife has not received any emails yet as to her PR application (which has been sent by CIC to Pretoria South Africa for the next steps). Is this normal ? Also, I tried to link her file to GCKey but it is not finding the application. Any help would be appreciated!
Hi, it's normal for your wife to not receive anything. I didn't receive anything as well, the emails were sent to my husband who is the sponsor. The only email I ever received was a generic email that I can now link my application. As for GCKey, make sure in the part about "number of applicants" to put 2 (Sponsor+PA). This worked for me !

marakh

Mar 13, 2023
Hi, it's normal for your wife to not receive anything. I didn't receive anything as well, the emails were sent to my husband who is the sponsor. The only email I ever received was a generic email that I can now link my application. As for GCKey, make sure in the part about "number of applicants" to put 2 (Sponsor+PA). This worked for me !
Thanks for the info! I was able to open the PR tracker for her and can see that nothing has started on her side.

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
Is the processing times in different VO different?

On IRCC "Processing Times", once I select "spouse or common-law partner outside Canada", it displays 16 months now.

Is this 16 months is an average time for different VO?
Or different VO have approximately the same processing time.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Home_13579

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
How do I tell which VO is processing my application? Is it usually the capital city of the PA's country? Or IRCC notifies you the VO name?

I read the posts here, and everyone knows which VO is processing their applications. How would one tell which VO?

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Is the processing times in different VO different?

On IRCC "Processing Times", once I select "spouse or common-law partner outside Canada", it displays 16 months now.

Is this 16 months is an average time for different VO?
Or different VO have approximately the same processing time.

Thank you!
This is the overall average of all applications no matter what office. It is still a bit skewed due to the pandemic delays but soon will stabilize toward the 12 months goal. It is possible certain VO can be slower than others.

imiyodu

Feb 3, 2023
Please how Lang does it take for spouse sponsorship applications for partners outside Canada? Please urgently needs help and what does the daily update on the tracker means?

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Please how Lang does it take for spouse sponsorship applications for partners outside Canada? Please urgently needs help and what does the daily update on the tracker means?
The normal processing time is 12 months for 80% of demands. Nobody can tell exactly how long as it depends on every case. The daily updates often mean ghost updates without any meanings.