28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi

l have submittedan inland spouse applicationand it’s been 3 years counting and my application for my wife is still hold in Edmonton office since last year September. we have submitted all required documentation and my wife have two children now and l want to buy a house for my family but lm still waiting on the officers to grant my wife her PR status. What should l do so this application can be completed?
What are the reasons why the application has been held up for so long? What do your GCMS notes say?

LongBill

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Florida, USA
Category........
FAM

RachM

Aug 14, 2020
Yes, anywhere in the world - when they are open of course.
Thank you for your help! I read several threads that said that outland sponsorship applicants must submit their biometrics in any country but Canada. I hope that is not right!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for your help! I read several threads that said that outland sponsorship applicants must submit their biometrics in any country but Canada. I hope that is not right!
Please check, but I think that was changed some time ago. I admit not 100% certain.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Hi All,

I think I know what we need to do, but would love some input from the experts on this forum. I am a US citizen, my husband is a Canadian citizen currently here in the US on a student visa. We have a daughter born in March of this year and we have sent in her application for a Canadian citizenship application. My husband is applying for jobs in Canada as his degree wraps up. We are planning on applying for my PR as an outland application, hopefully within the next month or so. If he then gets a job before I get PR (which seems likely) our plan is to have my daughter and I come in on a tourist visa to stay with him. (Though hopefully her Canadian citizenship will come through soon, though I am not sure we'd be able to get her Canadian passport quickly thanks to COVID.) We did do a consult with a lawyer who actually was the one who suggested this plan to us,though we intend to prepare our own application. My questions are:

1. Has anyone done this where they enter under dual intent as a US citizen as a tourist and telling the officer at the border that your PR application is in progress? The lawyer made it sound like so long as you say you are reuniting your family, and state that you know that if your PR doesn't come in within 6 months that you have to leave or apply for an extension, you should be fine, but I would love to hear more from people who have done this.

2. There are a couple things that it looks like we will have to explain, specifically the fact that my husband doesn't currently have a job yet but is looking, that we intend to move to Canada, and the added info as we have been married 1.5 years. We were planning on writing a letter of explanation from my husband as the sponsor for the whole package with sections headed for each thing that needs explanation with written explanation and a list of supporting documents for each thing. For instance for the job thing something like: "I am finishing up my doctorate degree from X University with an anticipated graduation date of December 2020. Because I am still in school I am not currently employed in Canada. However, I am actively looking for work in Canada. As of [today's date] I have applied to the following positions [list positions] and have received an interview at Y place and Z place. See screenshots of job applications attached for proof of this."

3. Under the additional documents for people married less than 1.5 years, are the letters from family and friends letters they write in support of your relationship addressed to the immigration folks, or mail jointly addressed to you? I know that is a dumb question, but want to be sure I understand that.

4. For the question on where you would live in Canada, given that we don't know yet and it will be based on my husband's job do we just write that, or pick a province where he's applied for jobs, or...?

5. Any other tips or suggestions? Do's or dont's?

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
no they can submit in any country where they are or where they can legally enter in doesn't matter if its in canada or not.so if they can legally enter canada(e.g visa exempt countries like USA) then they can give it here or currently in canada they can give it here but you can only get the PR approved when you give biometrics.

arshkhokhar

Sep 17, 2020
hi,
i am filling for PR for my wife and some of her documents have differently spelled surname.
is a letter of explanation and an affidavit enough to make sure there aren't any issues?
is there something else that we should add?

sourabh_a

Aug 23, 2020
Hey guys, I am a July, 2020 outland sponsor (I am a PR not a citizen). As because of COVID the AOR are being dispatched at a very slow pace. I was planning to go to the applicants country so stay there till we are about to get our AOR, as I can see people from March are getting their AORs, so once people from mid June start receiving it I will return back to Canada. In the mean time I will still be paying the rent utilities of my apartment. Do you think it is safe to do so if I stay in the applications country for 3-4 months prior to AOR ? And would I need to update IRCC with anything?
Hi i’m march 17 outland sponsor. My wife she is in india. I never recieved my Aor. I’m still waiting for that. Can you tell me from where you get this information that march applicants are getting their aor. Please and thank you.

sourabh_a

Aug 23, 2020
Hi there guys. I’m march 17 outland sponsor. I applied for my wife as she is india rn. Is there someone got thier AOR of march applicants. Cuz i never got my wife application AOR. Any updates on biometrics and medical centre’s in india when they gonna open it??. Or someone indian person got thier AOR before or after march?? Can you please update me thank you.

2plus2into2

Jul 17, 2020
Im canada PR and sponsring my wife in India. My pp is expiring in 4 months. Is it good to drop my sposue application after i renewel indian pp or it is okay if i submit my wife's app and update immigration after i get new passport? Can anyone suggest please.

felicialiu

Oct 20, 2019
Im canada PR and sponsring my wife in India. My pp is expiring in 4 months. Is it good to drop my sposue application after i renewel indian pp or it is okay if i submit my wife's app and update immigration after i get new passport? Can anyone suggest please.
Submit wife application. Apply for ur passport renewal and inform ircc. Or u can apply for ur passport, wait for the renewal, fill the application all over again and then submit. Personally I'd do the former.

2plus2into2

Jul 17, 2020
Thanks for your response.
Im concerned how the processing times vary with updates and without. Isn't it better to wait now, than later?