Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello ,

I need help .
I want to migrate to Canada with my spouse .
The pandemic has really affected us to bad .
I need someone to guide me on how to go about it
I really need help please
You need to qualify and apply through one of Canada's immigration programs based on your level of education, skilled work experience, age, funds available to pay for your settlement in Canada, language abilities and other factors. I would suggest that you start by researching the Express Entry program. You can find this information here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/works.html

simran5590

Nov 27, 2019
Hey guys, I am a July, 2020 outland sponsor (I am a PR not a citizen). As because of COVID the AOR are being dispatched at a very slow pace. I was planning to go to the applicants country so stay there till we are about to get our AOR, as I can see people from March are getting their AORs, so once people from mid June start receiving it I will return back to Canada. In the mean time I will still be paying the rent utilities of my apartment. Do you think it is safe to do so if I stay in the applications country for 3-4 months prior to AOR ? And would I need to update IRCC with anything?

guruji010101

Sep 10, 2020
Hi Guys, I am filling form 0008 and there is one question :Add dependents. I am PR in canada and applying for spouse PR. We dont have kids. she is coming alone. is it asking for her parents, brother and sister information to fill or can I keep it blank?
And Second question, what additional dependent form 0008DEP is for ? What information this form is asking?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi Guys, I am filling form 0008 and there is one question :Add dependents. I am PR in canada and applying for spouse PR. We dont have kids. she is coming alone. is it asking for her parents, brother and sister information to fill or can I keep it blank?
And Second question, what additional dependent form 0008DEP is for ? What information this form is asking?
0008 is only for those applying for immigration ie spouse and dependents. Parents, brothers, sisters - no. There may be a separate form (depends on country I believe) that asks for family information, this is background and identification - other relatives would go there as required.

The 0008DEP form is, I believe, only to be completed by dependents who are over the age of 18 at the time of application. At any rate, does not apply to you or your spouse.

Reactions: guruji010101

guruji010101

Sep 10, 2020
0008 is only for those applying for immigration ie spouse and dependents. Parents, brothers, sisters - no. There may be a separate form (depends on country I believe) that asks for family information, this is background and identification - other relatives would go there as required.

The 0008DEP form is, I believe, only to be completed by dependents who are over the age of 18 at the time of application. At any rate, does not apply to you or your spouse.
Thanks. It means a lot

guruji010101

Sep 10, 2020
Thanks. It means a lot
I am sponsoring my spouse who lives in India. And CIC website following are the forms I have asked to fill
For the person being sponsored (principal applicant):
Now, my wife is coming here alone. I am confused with the second form they are asking her to fill, that is "Additional dependants/declaration".
does she need to enter in her mother, father, sister and brother information in this form irrespective of the fact that they are not accompanying her?
I reiterate, she is coming here alone on spouse visa.

guruji010101

Sep 10, 2020
I am sponsoring my spouse who lives in India. And on CIC website following are the forms I have asked to fill.
Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [eIMM 5669]
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]

Now, my wife is coming here alone. I am confused with the second form that is "Additional dependants/declaration".
Does she need to enter in her mother, father, and sister and brother information in this form irrespective of the fact that they are not accompanying her?
I live in Canada as PR.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am sponsoring my spouse who lives in India. And on CIC website following are the forms I have asked to fill.
Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008]
Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]
Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]
Schedule A – Background/Declaration [eIMM 5669]
Use of a Representative [IMM 5476]

Now, my wife is coming here alone. I am confused with the second form that is "Additional dependants/declaration".
Does she need to enter in her mother, father, and sister and brother information in this form irrespective of the fact that they are not accompanying her?
I live in Canada as PR.
Literally two posts above was same question and answer. To you. Did you not understand?

Last edited:
Reactions: k.h.p.

guruji010101

Sep 10, 2020
Literally two posts above was same question and answer. To you. Did you not understand?
Unfortunately I couldn't understand. I am being asked to fill this form : "Additional dependents/declaration" and I don't know what to mention in this form. bcuz I am being sponsored by my husband who lives in canada. We don't have kids. I am coming to Canada alone. does it mean I don't need to fill this form at all? or is it mandatory to fill this form with primary applicant mom, dad, brother and sister information?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Unfortunately I couldn't understand. I am being asked to fill this form : "Additional dependents/declaration" and I don't know what to mention in this form. bcuz I am being sponsored by my husband who lives in canada. We don't have kids. I am coming to Canada alone. does it mean I don't need to fill this form at all? or is it mandatory to fill this form with primary applicant mom, dad, brother and sister information?
If you have no additional dependents, you do not fill out the additional dependents form.

Additional family information is for those members of family who are not coming, i.e. family who are not dependents such as parents and siblings. (Actually there you would include all information about family including those on other forms).

Reactions: LongBill

guruji010101

Sep 10, 2020
If you have no additional dependents, you do not fill out the additional dependents form.

Additional family information is for those members of family who are not coming, i.e. family who are not dependents such as parents and siblings. (Actually there you would include all information about family including those on other forms).
you mean to say, "parents, sister and brother" of the person who is getting "SPONSORED" and live in India right now, must not be in this dependent/declaration form as they are not "SPONSOR's" parents ? only sponsor's parents and children should be in this form.
Right?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
you mean to say, "parents, sister and brother" of the person who is getting "SPONSORED" and live in India right now, must not be in this dependent/declaration form as they are not "SPONSOR's" parents ? only sponsor's parents and children should be in this form.
Right?
I'm going to let someone else try and explain. But try reading the instructions again.

Last edited:

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Right?
If you don’t have any dependents (as it sounds per your previous post) you DO NOT fill out ‘Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP]‘

You DO fill out ‘Additional Family Information [IMM 5406]‘ with the details of family members it requests (mother, father, siblings, step-siblings etc. )

Reactions: LongBill